What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Just scored one of these over the weekend, should be in the post today! The color in that bone is so nice.
You won't be disappointed. I had the SMKW SFO and honestly I like this one better. The bone on this one is darker and I just love the checkered texturing.

Got this #78 with me for the month of April.
39375426890_43ef9d0b28_b.jpg

Ive got this old dude with me today.

View attachment 879853
I recently soaked/scrubbed/oiled and sharpened it for my Wife's Aunt who's Dad (I believe) bought it new and carried it regularly. They gave it back to me at Easter and said it would do the knife more justice to be carried again so thats what Ill do! The blades are scratched up and there are a couple small chips/bends here and there from prior use and abuse but nothing that wont sharpen out in a couple sharpenings and nothing that keeps the knife from being perfectly useful. The springs are stong as ever and the snap opening and closing is better than Luke's Peanut which is brand spanking new!!!

View attachment 879860

Good old knife and I am happy to keep it going rather than retire it to the underwear drawer. It will likely be a garage/outdoors knife. It was used hard (but responsibly) and I dont see any reason to not keep it up.

Matt
Those are the best kind of knives to carry! So much family history, better than any $500!

Back