What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Ron, I agree it's marvellous wood and I understand it to be quite common and inexpensive in the States? Pity more knives don't get offered with it, but it could be very hard to work on or burns easily in polishing, not sure. Tremendous character it has, why did I get rid of the Viper I had?

Thanks GT.

Yeah correct it’s a Muscrat and second blade is Spey - it was my Grandpa’s.

The Scout whittler was my first knife. Bought for me in ‘69-‘70 when I was around 5-6. Pretty young for a knife these days.

On second thought it was pretty young for one backe then too. :)

Thanks Dean, that is a beauty :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack.

Radiant red 'nut, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

"Doctor, doctor, gimme the news: I got a bad Case of lovin'" that knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You and I have seen these before, and you and I will see them again (but I'll bet I'm happier about that than you are ;):rolleyes:):
eOpNWJS.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the kind comments, Gary. Always good to see your EDC quartet! Here's a hard question: which one is your favorite? :)

Ron, I agree it's marvellous wood and I understand it to be quite common and inexpensive in the States? Pity more knives don't get offered with it, but it could be very hard to work on or burns easily in polishing, not sure. Tremendous character it has, why did I get rid of the Viper I had?
I agree Will, it is marvelous wood. I was able to acquire a new one this week that I have wanted for a long time. I got a NIT 77 Yankee Jack in the lovely OO this week. It has some very nice grain on both sides. I will be posting some photos in the coming week, if the rain will hold off!

@315 Per your request in the barlow thread, pulled out my Kimber compact stainless series I with patina / mods by yours truly. Bought new, disassembled down to last part, mirror finished, slicked and tricked, it's a tack driver and fun to shoot. Carried in Milt Sparks leather but honestly is heavy and I shoot 9mm better than 45 ACP nowadays.

Case XX is the most valuable knife I own, my Dad's.

kimberdadsknife1.jpg

Gorgeous Kimber and a beautiful edge on the Case!

Yes indeed! :D I see that MM isn't leaving your pocket! :D :thumbsup:

I had these with me on my hike yesterday - no wonder I felt tired when I got home! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 892152

View attachment 892153

View attachment 892154

View attachment 892157

These two today :)

View attachment 892161

View attachment 892162

Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:
Looks like you had some great weather for your hike. :thumbsup:
You can never be too well prepared!:cool:
The spell of the MM has lifted....for today anyway. :D

Hard to believe that I missed ever hearing the Dartells after listening to Top 40 and/or Oldies radio for almost 20 years! :eek: Thanks for the photo hint. With regard to multiple carries, I think age was the big factor for me - so many knives, so little time! ;) Cool Moore Marley! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Well, I am gettin' a bit long in the tooth.
I always have to wait for my wife to be gone before I can play that Dartells record. :D

Still carrying my Sowbelly...
View attachment 892884
I vote that that goes on the next forum knife tube!

The spell has lifted! :D
40743615875_d1cd04d5be_h.jpg

Business trip up north. Carrying only cabin package so I can't have a knife. I feel naked.

But if I have time I might try to find a small saami knife during this trip. Unna-niibi, small knife in saami language. They often have wood and bone handles and leather/bone sheaths. Very nice, but often expensive so the cost can be a problem.

Back