What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks.
The Sabots are great: stoutly built and comparatively inexpensive. The queue de poisson, as shown, and the Pradel are the only ones I'm aware of they make in carbon, if that's an issue.
I went through a bit of a binge of French regional knife buying, until my subtle-conscious and obvious-conscious got together and decided that amassing French knives wasn't getting me any closer to the French actress who wounds my heart with a desolate languor.
Excellent knives nonetheless.
The Aurillac is another favorite of mine.
ZANfDVf.jpg

Excellent post Jer, and a good-looking knife :thumbsup: I'm also intrigued by French patterns, but as you note, most of the modern renditions are stainless, and I'd prefer carbon. I only have one Sabot, a Vendetta someone brought back from Paris for me, but being as it's the size of a small sword, it doesn't see a lot of pocket time ;) :thumbsup:

wOOOh! :) :thumbsup:

Looks like you had some great weather for your hike. :thumbsup:
You can never be too well prepared!:cool:
The spell of the MM has lifted....for today anyway. :D

Well, I am gettin' a bit long in the tooth.
I always have to wait for my wife to be gone before I can play that Dartells record. :D

I vote that that goes on the next forum knife tube!

The spell has lifted! :D
40743615875_d1cd04d5be_h.jpg

It was like summer! :) Dull again this morning :(

Is that a Crass album I see? Great to see your Guardians Lambsfoot my friend, I'm sure you'll be back to the Moore Maker at some point, it seemed to cast a powerful spell :D :thumbsup:

It gives me the itch too Gary ;) The Black Forest in Germany maybe :D For now....Milam County picking blackberries and communing with...

39829638880_c82c691865_b.jpg

41637364071_0ceff212bd_b.jpg

41637359901_aed2450b1d_b.jpg

27768659348_fbe8d6d347_b.jpg

41597673972_d1eb35ffa5_b.jpg

Fantastic pics Gev :thumbsup:

These two for me today :) Have a great week folks :thumbsup:

A.Wright SB Large Lambsfoot 6-6.jpg

Schrade OT Peanut 1-5.jpg

Missed you, Trand, good to see you again!
Trand, long time no see. Good to see you back!

Thanks guys!! Good to be back :) Managed to take a pic of the knife too...
eCTEpnE.jpg

Eta: First new one in 32 months because I've been trying to use what I had and not buy new knives (why I had to stay away lol). Then I saw the sad news for Queen and decided I needed another one...

Excellent post Jer, and a good-looking knife :thumbsup: I'm also intrigued by French patterns, but as you note, most of the modern renditions are stainless, and I'd prefer carbon. I only have one Sabot, a Vendetta someone brought back from Paris for me, but being as it's the size of a small sword, it doesn't see a lot of pocket time ;) :thumbsup:
Thank you.
The French regionals do tend to lustiness, and with our hodge-podge of knife laws I try to err on the side of caution, so I don't carry most of them either. The sage-leaf blade makes a great picnic/ travelling kitchen knife, though.

Totin' light again today.

LnT3yvi.jpg

IeaSSw9.jpg

Valley Forge Cutlery (Newark, NJ) was founded in 1892 and by 1902 was a Boker USA owned company until 1950. This one is from 1916-1950.

- Stuart

Stuart, that Valley Forge shadow pattern is fantastic! :thumbsup:

Until I head off to work I'll pack around this 301, that has the sheepsfoot in the correct position:D

IMG_2165.jpg

I like that old box of shot shells, very cool! :cool:

Nice Gary, you have to be the most organized EDC'er;) on the trad forum:) nice carries my friend.

A 2016 pony cut TC today for me:thumbsup:
P3GFmq.jpg

Love that jigging, Paul! I remember marveling at those "extras" from that TC run, and thinking, "I wish they'd all had that jigging." :rolleyes: I just went to GEC's site out of curiosity to check out the production total on that one... only 17!! That's really something special you've got there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A 2015 Northfield Yankee Jack in Antique Yellow Jig Bone for my carry today:thumbsup:
lj2M46.jpg

Speaking of something special... :D That knife remains one of my favorite knives that GEC has produced (and one I'm lucky enough to own myself :)). Not to undercut the compliment that I just gave your pony cut TC, but I think the jigging on that #77 is even better! ;)

Today I’m carrying this old Western barlow that was re-crafted by Glennbad to include these beautiful jigged bone handles. The liners and springs were cleaned but the patina was left alone. The result is this unique and gorgeous old barlow to carry and use with pride.

pAs7oFA.jpg

That's a good looking knife, Atiger! That new bone looks like it belonged on there the whole time! :thumbsup:

Just back from Glennbad, what may be the world's first Beerbelly!

zYAQlA8.jpg

That's too cool! :cool: :cool: Nice work by glennbad, as always! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Carrying these two today.

Tg8mi6K.jpg

It was like summer! :) Dull again this morning :(

Is that a Crass album I see? Great to see your Guardians Lambsfoot my friend, I'm sure you'll be back to the Moore Maker at some point, it seemed to cast a powerful spell :D :thumbsup:
I thought you might recognize that album, that is Stations of the Crass.
The Moore Make will be on regular rotation for sure but I couldn't refuse the call of the Lambsfoot.
I hope that sun gets back to shinning.

Back