What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Paul my friend, if you are riding that moped you will lose your Man Card.
Nice knife and appreciate your work on the decks! :thumbsup:
Brother Mark, it takes a MAN to ride that massive 50cc scooter. I've grown up and partied with many of the local bikers in town and we joke about who will back down first. I tell them how embarrassing it would be if I hopped off my scoot and whupped on em in front of the club house/bar:eek::D

Just added and mounted a led light so I can get my knife fix in the middle of the night :p So I guess my safe is toting it at the moment :D
QGxIlcO.jpg

YZdSUkZ.jpg

Great pairing :thumbsup:

I've been carrying three knives as of late..... Mostly because I wear overalls every day and got the pockets....

Today I'm doing a little maintenance on the three I've been carrying lately. With me as always, a Peanut. I've also fallen in love with the LT Wright Patriot. Even skinned and quartered a deer with it. Finally, the best stag ivI' ever had on a knife, Henckels Copperhead (A gift from M.T. Damascus).

A good day indeed!

xlJNdIG.jpg

xGthPcR

xGthPcR

Stellar line-up Jer :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup: Pocketing these two today :thumbsup:

Unity Lambsfoot 2-9.JPG

BF Stag Jack 10-5S.jpg

View attachment 895312 It's new. So what am I supposed to do, not use it?
Not using it would be a crime IMHO, Alan. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the Olsen; what is that pattern called??

Mod and patina look fantastic, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for the instructions.

Well, my wife is tired of looking at them. so I gotta do something. Thanks for patiently indulging me. I really like that Tribal Lock with the cool drop point/Wharncliffe blade.
- Stuart
Thanks my friend, that's an interesting free choice you're making there, very nice :) :thumbsup:

:D:cool: Thanks, Stuart & Jack. :) I think they call that blade a "Zulu spearpoint" but it sure looks like a drop point.

xKJPshE.jpg

These three today :D I'm still not the biggest fan of the osage-orange but I can't have it laying around in the cabinet all the time :D
(On a sidenote: Is somebody really bored and wants to check my calculations? :p)
Tremendous trio, SV-97 SV-97 ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: No time to check your calculations, but are they electronics-related??

View attachment 895348

This *might* be my favorite combo.
Premier pair, pipedreams308 pipedreams308 !! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Now, here's a little knife; I think that it is, at 2.75". my smallest stockman: an Imperial stockman from 1935-1945, riding in my pockets today with a Golden Rule Cutlery Co. (Chicago, 1911-1921) swell center whittler, a whopping 3.5".

AQrOMiS.jpg

- Stuart
Yowza!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What are the covers on that pulchritudinous pair??

Today, it's the black delrin covered one with a bail.

ujR38u6.jpg
Impressive septet of Bull Noses, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had him wrangled on top of the Continental and before I could get the shot he opened his giant wings and flew away. If only ....
40844196235_1348feb6a7_b.jpg

Good to see another shot from the Austin Entomological Knife Club, Gev!! ;):cool::thumbsup:

I didn't shed a tear carrying this knife today.

You've better command of your emotions than I do, Dean; that beauty brought a tear to my eye! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: It also inspired me to try again to "fix" my new chestnut jigged bone CV teardrop. Despite repeated Dawn washings, it needed to be pushed closed from half stop. :(
I tried another wash, plus WD-40, and that finally did the trick! :):thumbsup: It doesn't close with a thunderclap, but it does snap shut with a cute little "snick".
teardrop.mark.closed.jpg

Today with a knife Case mini trapper wharncliffe single blade...
25hi9s8.jpg
Handsome knife, Senhor Pinto! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I could be convinced that it's a Case lambsfoot model! :eek:

To me, it doesn't get much better!!! Just found out me and my wife are expecting about 8 weeks along!!! ...
19k2kAk.jpg
That's a special duo, Taylor, and they must look incredible to you this weekend! Congrats on the addition to your family!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks to @Horsewright this is my new daily totin' knife for the foreseeable future. ... View attachment 895577 View attachment 895576
Congrats on your new knife and sheath, @Lostball !! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Finally a sunny day in northeast Ohio.
a5ca8ia.jpg
That's a sunny #26 to match the meteorological conditions, Ken!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This one has been in my pocket practically since I got it. Such a great knife. A nice patina is starting to develop, the steel bolsters and liners are starting to dull and darken, the red sawcut is starting to mellow and blend. Couldn't be happier with it.

9cBleo9.jpg
I enjoyed reading your paean to this "instant classic", Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

834WWLA.jpg

Today’s Black Friday carry is an ebony 74.
Elegant ebony, @Spaten ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think my Churchill is getting jealous.....

View attachment 895701
Great knife :cool::cool::thumbsup:!! (But how can you put a Churchill Down? BTW, that opened for racing yesterday, I think; Derby next weekend! ;))

Just found this #14 from someone in England. Love the size.
View attachment 895725
Congrats on that itty-bitty beauty, @cigarrodog ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I'm not a Yankee fan, but I am a Gehrig fan, so I think your photo is sublime! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Classy work knife, @Grateful!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

... If a knife doesn't have a punch, I'll just grind one into one. :D;)
Today I'm totin' this cool SAK that a buddy of mine mod'ed with these sweet jigged scales.
27879073398_57f0f51f71_h.jpg
Super mod on the RR sowbelly punch, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: And that jigged bone Recruit rocks; it would pair up well with your toasted MAM! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 895824 Have fallen behind (again!) on this thread. This one today. MJ.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I'm carrying these two today, a Needham Lambsfoot and a Boker Copperhead, gifts from Duncan @Campbellclanman and @scruffuk, respectively :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 895880

View attachment 895881
Grand gifts, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Camillus Medium Jack today
htA6N07h.jpg
What an incredible pair, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Do you have a preference? (Because of spear main, EO notch, and bail I'd probably vote for the second one. ;))

- GT

Last edited:
Not using it would be a crime IMHO, Alan. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the Olsen; what is that pattern called??

Mod and patina look fantastic, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for the instructions.

:D:cool: Thanks, Stuart & Jack. :) I think they call that blade a "Zulu spearpoint" but it sure looks like a drop point.

Tremendous trio, SV-97 SV-97 ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: No time to check your calculations, but are they electronics-related??

Premier pair, pipedreams308 pipedreams308 !! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Yowza!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What are the covers on that pulchritudinous pair??

Impressive septet of Bull Noses, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good to see another shot from the Austin Entomological Knife Club, Gev!! ;):cool::thumbsup:

You've better command of your emotions than I do, Dean; that beauty brought a tear to my eye! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: It also inspired me to try again to "fix" my new chestnut jigged bone CV teardrop. Despite repeated Dawn washings, it needed to be pushed closed from half stop. :(
I tried another wash, plus WD-40, and that finally did the trick! :):thumbsup: It doesn't close with a thunderclap, but it does snap shut with a cute little "snick".
View attachment 896353

Handsome knife, Senhor Pinto! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I could be convinced that it's a Case lambsfoot model! :eek:

That's a special duo, Taylor, and they must look incredible to you this weekend! Congrats on the addition to your family!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on your new knife and sheath, @Lostball !! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's a sunny #26 to match the meteorological conditions, Ken!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I enjoyed reading your paean to this "instant classic", Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Elegant ebony, @Spaten ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great knife :cool::cool::thumbsup:!! (But how can you put a Churchill Down? BTW, that opened for racing yesterday, I think; Derby next weekend! ;))

Congrats on that itty-bitty beauty, @cigarrodog ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I'm not a Yankee fan, but I am a Gehrig fan, so I think your photo is sublime! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Classy work knife, @Grateful!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Super mod on the RR sowbelly punch, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: And that jigged bone Recruit rocks; it would pair up well with your toasted MAM! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

What an incredible pair, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Do you have a preference? (Because of spear main, EO notch, and bail I'd probably vote for the second one. ;))
Yep, phase shift and complex output voltage of a bandpass filter ;)

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black , tell me about that lambs foot? Jigged and rat tailed?

One of my favourite Lambsfoot knives, the bolster was the basis for the 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot. It bears the 'Unity' mark, which was used by several related co-operative ventures in Sheffield, originally being the mark of the Sheffield Cutlery Co-operative Productive Society, which was formed by three trade union branches in 1866. The covers are indeed jigged bone. Few more pics :thumbsup:

Unity Lambsfoot 1-7.JPG

Unity Lambsfoot 5-6.jpg

Unity Lambsfoot 10-3.jpg

)
Thank you sir! Didn’t watch the races yesterday but that made me chuckle... especially since I do CE & CF my Churchill at least once a day.

It bears the 'Unity' mark, which was used by several related co-operative ventures in Sheffield, originally being the mark of the Sheffield Cutlery Co-operative Productive Society, which was formed by three trade union branches in 1866.

:thumbsup:"Look for the Union Lay-ayble". (Should be bracketed in musical notes.)
You reminded me of a commercial I haven't seen in decades.

Great pairing :thumbsup:

Stellar line-up Jer :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup: Pocketing these two today :thumbsup:

View attachment 896350

View attachment 896351

Thank you my friend :) :thumbsup:

One of my favourite Lambsfoot knives, the bolster was the basis for the 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot. It bears the 'Unity' mark, which was used by several related co-operative ventures in Sheffield, originally being the mark of the Sheffield Cutlery Co-operative Productive Society, which was formed by three trade union branches in 1866. The covers are indeed jigged bone. Few more pics :thumbsup:

View attachment 896359

View attachment 896364

View attachment 896358

What a great looking old knife !

Thanks ! I go back and forth ;) but If I had to pick right now I'm partial to the clip point Jack :thumbsup:

Back