What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

NP3JyIn.jpg

Nice pairing!

Looking at your poster, has there been any success in controlling the Emerald Ash Borer?

I’m afraid we are witnessing the extinction of the ash tree. Fueled by our insatiable need for cheap stuff from China packed on infested wooden pallets. There oughta be a law. Wait- there is, but quarantine and treatment regulations are widely ignored.

I cut all the dying and dead ash at my place in 2016. A friend has a sawmill, and he and I have milled a bunch of beautiful lumber.

I hear they are having success with resistant hybrids - 95% American and 5% Chinese elm, I think. Similar to the efforts to ressurrect the American Chestnut. It is a daunting but rewarding process.

Yowza!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What are the covers on that pulchritudinous pair??

Thanks, GT. They are celluloid; I don't know the color scheme names. So far, so good on their stability.

Not using it would be a crime IMHO, Alan. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the Olsen; what is that pattern called??

@5K Qs
The only info I found was a number Gary. I first saw the knife when Stuart ( D Duckdog ) posted it. As far as I can tell it's just number 511.

There's not much info on that Howard City, MI knife (Olsen mostly made fixed blade hunters). It would likely be classified as a lockback clasp knife, but at 3.5" I hesitate to suggest clasp hunter. Congratulations on getting your fine looking teardrop blinking properly.

There must be a cloud in my head
Rain keeps falling from my eye-eyes
Oh no they can't be teardrops
For a man ain't supposed to cry
So it must be raindrops, so many raindrops
It feels like raindrops
Falling from my eye-eyes
Falling from my eyes

- Stuart

I’m afraid we are witnessing the extinction of the ash tree. Fueled by our insatiable need for cheap stuff from China packed on infested wooden pallets. There oughta be a law. Wait- there is, but quarantine and treatment regulations are widely ignored.

I cut all the dying and dead ash at my place in 2016. A friend has a sawmill, and he and I have milled a bunch of beautiful lumber.

I hear they are having success with resistant hybrids - 95% American and 5% Chinese elm, I think. Similar to the efforts to ressurrect the American Chestnut. It is a daunting but rewarding process.
That's a shame!
Hopefully the hybrid will take. All these invasive species really do a number on our environment. :oops:

Back