What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ytQacn0aZPLeiswu1

New member, sorry to ask here, but is there no way to post a pic without using a third party website? I really don't want to have to join a whole other thing just to share a pic or 2. Thanks ahead for any input.

Thanks allot! Also thanks for reposting my pic.After carrying tacticals for years, I've gone back to traditional knives. This is my second rough rider, so far really impressed by the quality especially for the cost! Saving up for a g.e.c. My current "dream" knife is a mudbug with natural paper scales.

No problem at all. I have a few Rough Riders, but I haven't tried the sodbuster yet. It's on my list, though. I loves me a locking sodbuster. Speaking of which, the Smith & Sons Mudbug is a great knife; it's big, but slim and is surprisingly pocketable, for me at least. I'm short, but I wear baggy pants with deep pockets.

I really like this one, I also have a bear and son sodbuster lockback, however it has play up and down, a tiny bit but noticeable. I did have to tweak the lock on the R.R. a bit, it didn't go over far enough behind the shoulder. I just bent it slightly with needle nose pliers,you can see the tooth marks on the brass in the pic. Should have used smooth jawed pliers,oops.

I swear the most dangerous thing I do with knives is open all the blades to take pic's, Haha.
41480148404_664a1a4cdf_b.jpg

Ouch! :eek: Isn't that the truth?! :D :thumbsup:

I will do just about anything for a good patina. haha

:D :thumbsup:

Something a little different for me today. 1991 Puma Medici with some of that great Puma stag.
KLC09998.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

Decided to join my company's crawfish boiling team this year; so I've been enjoying my birthday by boiling crawfish and drinking beer all day. We won't win the competition, but we're the life of the party. Of course, I've got a cap lifter on me in my Case Beer Trapper.

20180519_094256_2.jpg

A belated Happy Birthday Shawn, hope you had a great day :thumbsup:

Sunny weather here, but I've not seen much of it. Hoping to get out of the house for an hour or two today! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

IMG_1889S.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1889S.JPG
    IMG_1889S.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 1
Funny how your handle material tastes change over time. When I first started I did not care much for jigged bone. Now a nice jigged bone is one of my favorites. And this is some of the nicest I have seen in person.
Ken Coats jack... I love this knife.

0F89688A-4497-43CD-925D-7744BE3099D5_zpsmldmu53e.jpeg
Great pickup! Looked to be proportionally just perfect!

Back