What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Me and my son are totin our peanuts.
BcuKQub.jpg

Last night, for the second time this week, I posted in this thread and forgot to include some of the knives I'm carrying this week! :eek::( (My "week" for my knife rotation is typically Monday through Sunday.) Here are the ones I haven't yet posted from the past week.

Peanut-ish Knife of the Week is this Camillus 21(thanks, Mike):
Ztznsma.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Joker with authentic bull horn from Toledo, Spain:
Q3zIIHb.jpg

My Free Choice Knife of the Week is the modified Case mini trapper that's a by-product of @black mamba's Beer Belly project (thanks, Jeff):
View attachment 946430

- GT

Three luvlies GT, and it is always a treat to see that Joker :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack Black Jack Black those are some old spinning frames for sure, but I am not familiar with that particular type. The photo below shows jaquard looms. The thousands (usually) of cords (tie ups) are used to control individual heddles to make a pattern in the cloth. Those are complex ones. We had a few in our operation, for institutional type sheets, the sheets had a band down the fabric with the name of the hospital (usually) woven into the cloth. Ours did not require the girder structure to support the control head, since the woven pattern was only an inch or two wide in two locations in the fabric. I'm not very familiar with them we only had a few and only one fixer could work on them.

Evidently a knife with a sheepsfoot or a blunt wharnclife was pretty common in the old textile mills. The beginning of my career was the tail end of the golden years of shuttle looms.

Fascinating stuff my friend, I have lots more photos, but this isn't the best place to post them :) I suspect that shuttle looms lasted later here than in the US, if the UK weaving industry was anything like the UK knife industry! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack and Dean, y'all's and r8shell's prior postings were an inspiration for me to dig deep in the pearl pit.

@JB in SC and Jack Black Jack Black Thank you for a wonderful industrial history lesson. I grew up in North Carolina and we had a significant textile industry for a long time. I never saw the inside of a mill until now. Something new and useful here everyday!!

- Stuart

Your photos reminded me I haven't carried any MOP in a while Stuart :)

Lots of the old mill buildings still stand in this area, and look beautiful from the outside, they are HUGE. The one in the background here was once the largest industrial building in the world, and I go inside it regularly, though of course it is very different today :thumbsup:

Wheatley Brothers Tacklers Knife 4-2.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salts_Mill

http://www.saltsmill.org.uk/

I just love that knife.
Thanks, it's one of my favorites for sure. I really like that it is as thin as most single blade knives and still they manged to fit all three blades in there.

Thanks for the kind words my friends :D :) I'm carrying that same pair again today, the edge on the ebony '18 is ready for its first touch-up, so I am looking forward to that :) Have a great Sunday everyone :thumbsup:

2018-ebony-guardians-lambsfoot-14-1-jpg.946227

2018-ancient-4-2-jpg.946228
Great pair of knives, Jack. I also find myself admiring that adjustable wrench. Something about its design is pleasing to my eye.

Carried this ol' Electrician yesterday.
41620342220_2832faea1e_h.jpg

Great pair of knives, Jack. I also find myself admiring that adjustable wrench. Something about its design is pleasing to my eye.

Thanks pal :) Bahco's are nice old vintage tools, pal of mine sells them at a £1 an inch, so that one cost me £6. I didn't really need it, but like you, I just liked the look of it :thumbsup:

Nice old Electrician my friend, a more recent one has been part of my EDC for a while now :thumbsup:

Thank you! It’s a 4” slimline trapper made by Joe Allen. Here it is open.

My goodness... I need one of those in about 3" - 3 1/8". Congrats on owning such a phenomenal knife.

TrapperMike TrapperMike , I love that pic of you and your boy. That's what it's all about right there!

GT ( 5K Qs 5K Qs ) you know I just love that Camillus 21 and Joker!

I have these two with me today. I hope you all have a terrific weekend!

r8blgEg.jpg
Welcome back with your ebony eruption, Dylan! Congrats on the new gunstock! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I didn't realized that I had captured Saxon running in the background until I went to process the picture. Bonus, I think.

8Ch8fZw.jpg
I'm a sucker for knife pics with dogs in the background, especially when the knives almost match the dog's colors! ;):thumbsup::cool:
(Quick unrelated question, Dylan. I always put my Guardians Lambsfoot bolster-first into the slip you made; is that the intended orientation?)

...Harry, your TEW knives inspired me to bite on this one. Blade is near pristine, but the plastic handle is badly broken on one side. No doubt that’s why it was affordable!
Rehandling project pending...
View attachment 945270 View attachment 945271 View attachment 945272 View attachment 945273
That TEW lambsfoot is awesome, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing what you do with the handle. :)

Now you are Eligible to join the Guardian of the Lambfoot and post it in that thread .
Harry
Good point, Harry! :):thumbsup:

Here’s a link, it’s available on one of the toolbars for bf. Blade Forum’s Resource Page. Check it out, you may find what you need.
Thanks for the link, Ted! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the charming chained boys knife, @Jolipapa ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A bone-handled TL-29; nice!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Dazzling duo, Mike! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

... Case 05R from 1973 (the pattern was discontinued Jan. 1, 1978 unfortunately).
tHCFklL.jpg

I plan to use both arms to carry/use it today, but only one at a time.
- Stuart
:D Exemplary choice, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::p

Thanks a lot GT, that Buck Canoe is a beauty :thumbsup:
That top RR is an unusual pattern GT :cool: Nice to see your Lam Jack too my friend :) :thumbsup:
Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've been carrying these two today (and the past couple of days) :thumbsup:

View attachment 945438

View attachment 945439
Thanks for the supportive comments, Jack. :) Fine pics of your stag and Ancient! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 945477 Jason Good LC in micarta and a Hoffritz with a hunting scene.
Interesting Hoffritz, Alan. What does the other side look like? It's obviously the inspiration for this Novelty Knife Co. brass knock-off I have:
2s23jsl.jpg

eYBwNwN.jpg

This fine pair for me today
oppjKAo.jpg
Stellar stag pair, P&G!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

These 2 Stagfor me today . Northfield 73 & 72

Harry
Not a chance that I'll look that good in 5 or 6 years, Harry, when I turn 72 and 73! :thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

A Rough Rider Half Hawk. A pretty darn close match to a Case Loom Fixer pattern, which is not totally surprising if you consider the ownership of Rough Rider and their relationship to a previous owner of Case. Case discontinued the pattern in the 1970's. The closest knife of recent production is the GEC "weaver jack", which had the same blade combination, but was a bit shorter, had a different handle shape, and was of course, bladed in 1095. I'm sure y'all are aware of my preference for stainless.

lPIcoHi.jpg
I took the picture with the phone sideways, then flipped the picture to get it to show the way I wanted it with the edge down. I don't normally fuss with picture modification, so it shows.
Cool knife, Frank! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I bought mine (smooth tobacco bone covers) as a "substitute" for a GEC 2-blade Hay'n Helper.
(Interesting to read how your photo came up with the mirror image. :))

14bje51.jpg

These today, the 8OT I bought yesterday, rounded the covers a bit. ...
Congrats on the new 8OT, @Misplaced Hillbilly ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Remington Scout

29541163168_85b8885019_b.jpg
Exquisite scout knife, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (I'd like to see a pic of the leather you've attached to the bail. ;))

I saw that our friend Jack had paired up this same duo the other day! I always suspected he was a man of impeccable taste! ;) :D The stainless choices just seemed appropriate considering the temp and extremely high humidity! :eek: The Buck import canoe seems to be a good value.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Yes, from what I know from the seller and can see from the knife, box, and included Schrade user instruction/warranty paper, it is the first time that it has been carried. It has the 1946-1973 tang stamp. It's a handy size for carry.
- Stuart
Thanks for the extra info, Stuart; iconic knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT! I feel so fortunate to own it, and as soon as I opened that box from Glenn, I knew that it was to become one of the "crown jewels" of my small collection.
Amen, Shawn! ;):cool::thumbsup:

I had a bunch more posts quoted, but I'd better stop here for this post. I think I'm already pushing the 10K-characters/post limit. :rolleyes:

- GT

Try to finish up what I started in my most recent post.
Thanks for the kind words my friends :D :) I'm carrying that same pair again today, the edge on the ebony '18 is ready for its first touch-up, so I am looking forward to that :) Have a great Sunday everyone :thumbsup:

View attachment 946227

View attachment 946228
The Ebony/Ancient pairing that both you and Ron have sported recently is a champion, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (And I want one of almost everything in the advert behind the Ancient! ;))

Our three grand daughters are here for a week :). Ages 7,11, and 12.
I know the terrible teens are looming, but for right here and now, they are just perfect.
Time for a quiet cup or two before they wake up...
View attachment 946255
I don't know if I'd have the energy for a week of 3 preteens, Jeff!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on that new pair, Rachel!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We're heading out to church in a few minutes. I think this one will do just fine! Hope everyone has a nice Sunday! :)

41639198915_d5a8f3a442_b.jpg
Sunday Best, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I had to dig down in my pearl pit to get today's totin' pair: an E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter sleeveboard lobster pen (1870-1940) and a Utica bottle opener pen (I have a hard time putting a date on a Utica).
soBcK95.jpg

- Stuart
Wow, Stuart! Irresistable iridescence! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Are those quite small? How-Dee, mini pearls! :rolleyes:

"The Rains Came" by Louis Bromfield ;):)

42296102972_8467f30f40_b.jpg
Such a sumptuous sowbelly, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

As always, I love that stag lambsfoot, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today I have a bit of a dilemma. Now I have two #66 knives... It's a nice problem to have :cool:

Congrats on picking up the 66 jack, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Best wishes for solving the dilemma! ;) (Maybe, to be fair, you should also get a Calf Roper Slim to add to the mix? :rolleyes:)

Thanks, Gary, my Schrade Cut. Co. Barlow's covers are among the best I've seen. I didn't realize you had 12 of that RR series; the bone look great on every one I've seen!
Thanks for the kind words, Dean. :) I don't have all 12 of the original set anymore, but they sure made an impression on me, and turned me into a Rough Rider fan for life! :thumbsup::cool:

My Sunday knife is this Schrade Walden USA 897UH.

Prince of stock knives, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How old is that one, with the SW stamp?

Nice trio Gary !
Thank you, sir. :)

Church carry.
What a knife (and hymn), Ken! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Jaw-dropping jigging! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Me and my son are totin our peanuts.
BcuKQub.jpg
That pic debuts in my all-time BF Top Ten Photos, TrapperMike TrapperMike ! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm sitting in my car with the engine running, Stuart. Where's the "pearl pit!!"
:D

Three luvlies GT, and it is always a treat to see that Joker :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) Fascinating loom/weaving info you and @JB in SC have been exchanging! :cool::thumbsup:

Gorgeous, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: If I had to limit myself to ONE knife, I might go with an Electrician (or a Farmer).

GT ( 5K Qs 5K Qs ) you know I just love that Camillus 21 and Joker!
Thanks, Shawn; they're both the kind of small "gems" you tend to prefer. :)

- GT

Back