What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Tom, my RR marlin spike IS white smooth bone; thanks. :) I really like your striped pair; is the lower knife a rosewood lambsfoot?? I don't think I remember you having that! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Alox knife this week is a Vic Electrician (thanks, Greg C):
View attachment 958103

My non-Alox SAK is a Recruit:
View attachment 958104

- GT

Thanks GT, and correctly identified :). It is a gift from our friend Jack Black Jack Black , one of the few knives I have that I like to keep pristine, as it reminds me specifically of the Porch. Nice SAK's you have there!

An LT Wright Patriot and a new Pioneer X for me today. I have not stopped ogling the Pioneer since I opened the box. ALOX with scissors, I really like it. It almost has a purple hue to it, I took the picture last night right after I opened the box and didn't really capture it well.

My newest acquisition, GEC 85. Put to use immediately. Only users here :thumbsup:

an5K2Hc.jpg

Turning Frivolous Friday into Functional Friday. My mother had a polite and concise saying that she used when avoiding an unpleasant decision or event: "Let's say we did and don't." Today, I was going to unwrap my seldom-sees-light-of-day Buck Model 510 Classic II and tote it around to brighten another overcast day. This would be its maiden journey out of the plastic wrapper and box. And then I spotted my faithful 110 in the drawer and thought better of the choice. The 110 went into its sheath and then sheath went onto my belt. The 510 was returned to its cubbie.

1Wc8oQg.jpg

Uv6dmdT.jpg

- Stuart

Last edited:
Turning Frivolous Friday into Functional Friday. My mother had a polite and concise saying that she used when avoiding an unpleasant decision or event: "Let's say we did and don't." Today, I was going to unwrap my seldom-sees-light-of-day Buck Model 510 Classic II and tote it around to brighten another overcast day. This would be its maiden journey out of the plastic wrapper and box. And then I spotted my faithful 110 in the drawer and thought better of the choice. The 110 went into its sheath and then sheath went onto my belt. The 510 was returned to it cubbie.

1Wc8oQg.jpg

Uv6dmdT.jpg

- Stuart
Good choice, but coulda carried both!

Love the curves of this slimline trapper Craig downsized to 3.5" several years ago. Creamy preban, not a flaw near the shield, but a darker vein. The shaving soap is really nice too, helps my whiskers wipe right off.

brewerivoryslimline-1.jpg

brewerivoryslimline-2.jpg

So creamy … straight lines stand out against the curves of the slimline. Have carried this one a little before, can't resist.

brewerivoryslimline-3.jpg

brewerivoryslimline-4.jpg

Have a great weekend folks!

Pàdruig Pàdruig Love the mug, Dylan. Made my day.

This knife confounds me, and not just because it is the only easy opener barlow that I own. It is too "fresh" to be from 1941 when John Russell/Harrington-Russell stopped making pocket knives. It could be from the 1974 batch of barlows that Schrade made for Harrington-Russell in 1974 to celebrate 100 years of Russell barlows, but those knives had Delrin covers. It could be a reproduction made by Boker, Colonial or Camillus under license from Dexter Russell. It is solidly made and the swedge narrows then thickens at the peak of the blade spine (above and forward of the nail nick), but there are two sunken pins on the pile side. I like carrying it, even at 5", but am not sure that it is what it is what it claims to be, other than another useful barlow.

VWT03Cy.jpg

KxRUW8q.jpg

l86FEvX.jpg

6spThb2.jpg

= Stuart

Thank you, Stuart. I love the looks of that old Barlow, particularly that beautiful sawcut bone. The EO notch is a bit unique, not sure how I feel about it yet. Beautiful knife all around though.

Them there knives ain't too bad shabby neither! :thumbsup: Not to mention the photo, well done Dylan!!! :thumbsup::D

A pair of Northfields for me today. :thumbsup: Hope everyone has a great weekend! :D

41508787460_00ee938e36_b.jpg

Thank you for the kind compliments, Ron. Speaking of pictures though, you've produced something excellent today, I love your knife choices. They pair very nicely together. I do sometimes regret letting my #54 like yours go, especially when I see fine pictures of them.

2014 Anniversary Red Soup Bone today:thumbsup:
q5dWAs.jpg

yySTws.jpg

One of the very finest TCs, Paul. Always a pleasure to see those gorgeous red soup bones.

Just this one for me today :thumbsup:

View attachment 958463

Can never go wrong with a wee bit of stag. Excellent picture, Jack.

I am going with this newly arrived #44 today. However, I am expecting something very special in the mail today and will have to adjust my carry choice accordingly.

8HyjQgV.jpg

Thank you, Stuart. I love the looks of that old Barlow, particularly that beautiful sawcut bone. The EO notch is a bit unique, not sure how I feel about it yet. Beautiful knife all around though.

Thank you for the kind compliments, Ron. Speaking of pictures though, you've produced something excellent today, I love your knife choices. They pair very nicely together. I do sometimes regret letting my #54 like yours go, especially when I see fine pictures of them.

One of the very finest TCs, Paul. Always a pleasure to see those gorgeous red soup bones.

I am going with this newly arrived #44 today. However, I am expecting something very special in the mail today and will have to adjust my carry choice accordingly.

8HyjQgV.jpg
Those cocobolo 44s look stellar! Can’t wait for mine to arrive. :)

I don’t have anything nearly so fine with me today, but she knows how to work.:D
DwK7bVN.jpg

Love the curves of this slimline trapper Craig downsized to 3.5" several years ago. Creamy preban, not a flaw near the shield, but a darker vein. The shaving soap is really nice too, helps my whiskers wipe right off.

brewerivoryslimline-1.jpg

brewerivoryslimline-2.jpg

So creamy … straight lines stand out against the curves of the slimline. Have carried this one a little before, can't resist.

brewerivoryslimline-3.jpg

brewerivoryslimline-4.jpg

Have a great weekend folks!

That’s just stunning. Ever need to sell it (cause I can’t imagine ever wanting to, but if that’s the case, then also) please tell me lol

Thank you, Jack! That is a great photo of your Lambsfoot by the way.

Today I'm totin' my TC that GT christened 'True Crimson.' Here it is nestled in one of my wife's plants.

Thanks a lot Dean, great to see True Crimson! :) :thumbsup:

8HyjQgV.jpg

Thank you my friend :) Wow, that's a nice Gunstock! :cool: First I've even heard of the 44's I think :rolleyes:

8HyjQgV.jpg
Thank you Dylan in regards to the red soup TC's:thumbsup: very NICE #44:cool: I have the exact layout en route. Anxious to see what will arrive for you later todayo_O:)

Back