What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Kind comments by Will Power Will Power and @5K Qs on my totin' choice yesterday has encouraged me to corral another cattle knife today (and I'm thinking of having rib eyes tonight). An Imperial cattle knife from 1935-1945 that appears to have been carried and cared for during its life. Like the PAL that I carried yesterday, it has half sunk joints and is solidly built.

FqAFGgm.jpg

fePZeEk.jpg

9V2yK4v.jpg

- Stuart
Wonderful!
Not that it would change our habits, but a solid old cattle knife always makes me silently admit I don’t really “need” any other knives.

Velmi dobre! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'd carry that one till the cows come home! ;)

I have this 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot with me and tried to sharpen it up today:

Thanks, GT, and that's a fine companion for the trip.

It’s that time of day on one of those days.

Yep, mine too.

Still carrying that little peanut, and here's a shot with a candid of me and my youngest grandson at my daughter's wedding last year ;)

A warm and wonderful posting, Gary. You are a lucky man.

Wonderful!
Not that it would change our habits, but a solid old cattle knife always makes me silently admit I don’t really “need” any other knives.

Me, too, Jeff.

I hope whatever the heck it is I put my American Jack 78 on for these photographs is not poisonous to touch! In any event, it made a nice contrasting platform for the Appaloosa Bone.

That's a beautiful picture, Leslie, and the knife and fungi are just very nice window dressing. Thanks for sharing that collage.
- Stuart

I recently found another one of these~
View attachment 963496
The tang stamp only says High Carbon Steel USA.
View attachment 963497 Old threads on Blade Forums tell me these were made by Camillus for
Sears.
Definitely well used. The jigged bone is worn smooth, with a real comfortable feel.
Unfortunately, she had suffered horribly by a cruel master who held her against a grinder mercilessly.:(
View attachment 963498 And to compound the crime, the online seller artfully posed her photos so as to minimize the abuse.:mad:
After physical therapy in my garage shop clinic, she is now looking better and there is once again a snap in her step.:)
View attachment 963501

My wife and i are going to an outdoor concert tonight where we'll eat dinner on the lawn. I'm totin' this Puma (Solingen) Nr. 945 lock back multitool. There won't be a bottle I can't open or cheese/sausage that I can't cut (or an unruly lawn patron that I can't dispatch and field dress on the spot, though I'll settle for the cheese/sausage).

ZOQ3s8d.jpg

o0f9eCO.jpg

aCQN7py.jpg

- Stuart

Back