What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Did GEC produce the barlow like that or is it actually worn pretty heavily? :D Anyway, two beautiful pieces

It's Charlie Campagna's 'Ancient' TC Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Those weren’t my beverages Jack! Just a bit of atmosphere in the lanes around here. Thanks again my friend!

Yes, I was joking! :D If you'd been drinking Buckfast, I think you'd still be crawling around on all fours trying to find the moon so you could howl at it! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Black Box - Swell Centre

dm4S7za.jpg

Last edited:
I like the modern Buck because it functions better.
When Buck took over making the 300 series, they redesigned the knives.
♦ The sheepsfoot got moved to the side away from the main blade That makes it easier for me to open the sheepsfoot. Makes the spey a bit more awkward to get to, but I use a sheepsfoot a LOT more than I use a spey.

♦ The three spring design means they didn't have to crink the sheepsfoot. So when you open it, it comes straight out instead of coming out at an angle. That makes it more controllable and easier to cut a straight line, which is what I mostly want to do with a sheepsfoot blade.

♦ The 420HC is hardened to a higher hardness than the Camillus, so the modern Buck actually holds an edge better.

♦ The "edge 2000" extreme hollow grind profile works better for what I do with a knife. It doesn't work well for peeling apples, but works great for pretty much everything else.

For a working knife, the modern Buck is just a better design, even if the Camillus Buck is a bit more elegant.
Yeah, but other than that...:D

Very detailed answer, and it makes sense. Thx

I spent four times what I like to on this Western, but as soon as I put it back in the case to think about it, I started worrying about missing out on it.
yMhUEPj.jpg

The Case is just very hard to not carry.
Actually the Case was also just under $40, so why not get the Western.
I guess it was because I just bought 17 knives last week, and felt I shouldn't need another. Glad I came to my senses in time.

That's some killer stag Stuart :) Hope you had a great evening out :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, and we had a great time. I was able to open my wife's wine, my beers, and was able to use the gut hook to help the young couple next to us get some olives out of a jar for their Bloody Marys. I was a hero (and too polite to tell them what that hooked tool was designed to do).

Playing with some wood

A veritable forest of fine woods. Which did you choose to carry? I'd have grabbed several and walked around with pooching pockets.

- Stuart

Thanks, Jack, and we had a great time. I was able to open my wife's wine, my beers, and was able to use the gut hook to help the young couple next to us get some olives out of a jar for their Bloody Marys. I was a hero (and too polite to tell them what that hooked tool was designed to do).

LOL! Well done my friend :D :thumbsup:

Back