What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Stained two decks before the drizzle began, carried my 2012 Bloodwood 68 Stockman today:thumbsup: Love how the covers have aged.
UHbi09.jpg

Gorgeous knife, Paul! I didn't know they made the 68 in a stockman configuration, I learn something new everyday. Well, most days ... :D

I hope GEC does a run of 68s soon, it's a pattern I'd like to try out sometime.

Schrade Cut Co
13295117093_95b2a5e2eb_b.jpg

That is such a beautiful old knife, Gev! I love it. Nicely photographed too!

I have had the AC Lambsfoot with me again, accompanied by the ever so lovely 25 in red sawcut.

6gorj88.jpg

I am a big Chet Baker fan and felt a need to post my choice of companion while I put a Baker CD on to play. I did not have enough light to get a good pic of a slim MOP pen with it, so this is it. Thanks for the memory, Gev.

00eKrai.jpg

- Stuart
Wish I was there :cool: Perfection :D !!

Gorgeous knife, Paul! I didn't know they made the 68 in a stockman configuration, I learn something new everyday. Well, most days ... :D

I have had the AC Lambsfoot with me again, accompanied by the ever so lovely 25 in red sawcut.

6gorj88.jpg
Thank you Dylan !! Two beauties yourself and love the pair and your photograph! That 25 makes my heart skip a beat :eek:

6gorj88.jpg
Thanks Dylan and I concur with Gev, nice duo, love that new Lambfoot:cool: Yep the 68 Stockman is/was called the "Buckaroo":thumbsup:

Carried two 77 Barlows today during the drive from Dickinson , N. Dakota to Great Falls , Montana . ( Old Pics of Knives )

Shortly after leaving we stopped here

And saw some scenery

And we saw these when we drove around inside

Then we finally got to the Big Sky Country of Montana

Also ran into some Traffic Congestion along the way.

North Dakota and Montana are both some very beautiful states .
Tomorrow we should be in Glacier National Park .

Harry

Carried two 77 Barlows today during the drive from Dickinson , N. Dakota to Great Falls , Montana . ( Old Pics of Knives )

And saw some scenery

Harry
Keep the photos coming and stay safe !! Magnificent

Tanqueray? I like one large olive too--no toothpicks.

Beefeater, but i like the cut of your jib.

I cut quite a swath with my jodhpurs and braces today. Too hot for riding boots, so I wore sandals.

Dang, that's one of the funniest comments that I have ever read. Still crying from laughing. Thank you, Jer.

Wish I was there :cool: Perfection :D !!

Just ask, @Half/Stop , Gev. The front door is always open and the ice is always cold.

Thanks for sharing your trip, Harry. It is so thoughtful and is rewarding to those of us on the Porch. Travel safely.

- Stuart

yFVTStr.jpg

New Otter. Sharpened up easily. I had thought to try dyeing the handle, but most likely I will just put some oil and beeswax on it. Good user and carries well, I just prop it in my pocket with the key wallet. Lenght closed is 94 millimetres, just right in my opinion for a pocket knife. Good snap and smooth firm pull, fit and finish is good, no gaps and blade centers nicely when closed. I wonder what the wood on the handle is?

And saw some scenery

Harry

I have once been to Washington, Oregon and California in the 80's. Really would like to visit USA again some day. I really liked west coast and especially Washington state. If we ever do that trip Montana would be on the list and spend maybe a month traveling.

I always liked that particular model of SOG. A shame really that their quality has diminished so dramatically in these later years.

I was only carrying the Lambsfoot today until the new #14 arrived, then that one joined.

UZokRWi.jpg

Yes Dylan, such a shame when that happens with companies, and unfortunately it has happened with a great many. There was a time when SOG were the bee's knees :thumbsup:

Those two look together, great pic :) :thumbsup:

I climbed Jefferson today, and got my butt kicked! Mt. Washington in the background.
OxCRN7y.jpg

Beautiful :) :thumbsup:

Schrade Cut Co
13295117093_95b2a5e2eb_b.jpg

You have great taste Gev :)

6gorj88.jpg

:) :thumbsup:

Been listening to Chet all this time...what an extraordinary talent. Now its Bill Evans ;)

Sublime :) :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new Ashley's Choice Lambsfoot, Leslie; that's a grand pair of Guardian's Lambsfoots!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Little J.A. HENCKELS with Stag covers

Harry
That Henckels stag is superb, Harry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Have a safe and enjoyable trip! :) Thanks for the photos of some of the country through which you're passing, and for the report on your meeting with paulhilborn paulhilborn ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Notable pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That "Grand Canyon" straight down the center of the stag handle is mesmerizing!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Multi tasking photo. I hope you don't get sick of it. Available to use here, Wooden Wednesday, Tidioute Thursday, Black Friday, and Stag Saturday.
View attachment 983879
Cool and clever idea, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a note listing all the "stuff" to include in a photo that I can use in about 8 different threads. :rolleyes:

Lot of utility in that pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Uncanny resemblance! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

For Wooden Wednesday.
Your 2-tone wood is unforgettable, Ken! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My carries for Wooden Wednesday.

Stunning pair, Tom; I think anything goes well with your black Beer Scout, but with the bocote Plow - WOW! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wonderful Wooden Wednesday to all y'all.
RDrvBah.jpg

- Stuart
Intriguing pattern, Stuart, with a dynamic drop point blade! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is that a variation of the Queen tang stamp?

On the trail today. A Case Cheetah and a Queen made Robeson Wharncliffe.

Splendid trail mates, Dean; I especially like that PocketEze! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Couple of consummate cutters!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT, and I salute your Soldier.
- Stuart
Thanks for the info and compliment my friend, your Vic Soldier is a real classic :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Gary! After seeing your blue bone, red shield mini copperhead many times, I decided to order one (coming soon).
You have a fine selection of weekly carries - my favorites, the Soldier and Marbles canoe. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! :) Your Vic Soldier is a classic my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:
Thanks for honoring the Soldier, Stuart & Jack & Dean & Ron. :) At Ease, Stuart. ;) Dean, I'm sure you'll like that mini copperhead. :thumbsup:

Thanks GT, that’s a swell looking canoe! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Y8IpYCE.jpg

I don’t suppose anyone ever took a teardrop like this for a trip on one of those grand old ladies.
Thanks, @Spaten . :) Cool photo of your interesting teardrop; love the blade! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

At the risk of being an enabler, I say go for it! It's a discontinued model, so you won't get a second chance, and it's surprisingly well made. An unusual design, but I know you like variety.
View attachment 984141
Thanks for the advice, Rachel. :) I think the Daedelus (and some carbon steel Rough Riders) will be in my next order. :thumbsup:

Here's my carry for the day!
The date on the ball says Sunday July 30 1922.

9Fntb44.jpg
Cool photo, and I'd welcome more info about the baseball! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Very fine! I carried it again today while out shopping with my wife and when we got home I used it to open some mail.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Two 1965-69 Case knives. 63047 Pretty Bone Stockman with California Clip and Stag Texas Jack. My Case knives have overtaken my GEC’s in numbers and pocket time!

View attachment 984272

View attachment 984271
That stockman elicits paroxysms of delight!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I was only carrying the Lambsfoot today until the new #14 arrived, then that one joined.

UZokRWi.jpg
First-rate pic, as usual, Dylan; congrats on that new red knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

11vtcw3.jpg

These 3 with me as we're getting ready for the hurricane, dang didn't know when I picked Rough Riders for this week what a rough ride this week was going to be:eek:,
That red pair is superb, MH! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Prayers for you and everyone out there trying to cope with the hurricane.

Thanks, but the answer is simple, this knife has been in my collection for a long time and I believe it was offered!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Just keeping up with my goal. Black n Stag today.
View attachment 984429
Striking photo, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Not even halfway through the month yet; your September exhibition is an ongoing joy! :cool::)

TC 14 from the first run and Case Teardrop.

Distinguished duo, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today, I'm totin' a Throwback Thursday toothpick - a Queen City (Titusville, PA) in old Rogers bone from 1925-1932. Even at 5", it snuggles right into the front pocket bottom of my jeans.
ILSCUbM.jpg

- Stuart
Superlative bone on that stretched toothpick!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 984447

This is my small Case knife collection. Half old and half new. I have to say that the current Case knives are far better than most seem to give them credit for.

5K Qs 5K Qs , I included the GEC 43, because you asked about it GT. This knife was a special run for the Oregon Collector’s Club. I was fortunate to snag one. GEC usually does the Beavertail Shield with jigged wood, not bone. I really like this version and believe it was probably the best of the 43’s.
Thanks for the GEC #43 info, Leslie, and congrats on that impressive group of Case knives you've put together! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

... Tie, tie clip, and watch were my Dad's. ...
Thanks for the story of some marvelous memories, @Chief ! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::p

Thanks for the amazing photos of your trip with the kids! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Captivating Camillus, Steve; I love that pattern! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Sheffield camp knife:
jO8QLnq.jpg

International Knife of the Week is a Laguiole I bought in Denia, Spain:
laguiole.closed.out.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider work knife:
workknife.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

Back