What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sorry to have missed the last 2 days . We were in the Yellowstone Lake Hotel and they only have WI-FI in their sitting area and I don't do that . I have been carrying these 2 .

Fireplace in the Yellowstone Lodge

Fireplace inside the Yellowstone Inn ( the big old wooden hotel )

Sapphire Pool

Color around a geyser area

Dragon's Cavern ( the hole in the rock is probably 15 feet high .

There is a picture every time you turn around .

Right now we are in Sheridan , Wyoming and on our way to Mount Rushmore . More pictures to come of the TETONS and etc .
Thank you very much for putting up with my pictures .

Harry
Fantastic pictures !!!! Looking forward to more...more

Pointer Stag+Serrana
IwV0WQ7.jpg

Last edited:
Got my modified (again) GEC 56 in pocket. First I turned the spear into a clip. I just can’t see any reason, for me, to have two very similar blades on a knife. I held off turning the pen into a coping as the belly starts pretty far back and I didn’t want a coping with belly. But I needed a coping the other day and didn’t have so I broke down and did it so it’ll be ready for next time. It has a slight belly that I think I can manage to carefully sharpen out over time.

Won't have much time for the forums this weekend, unfortunately. Drove 15 hours up here to Raleigh, NC for my uncle's funeral. My brother and I had a few hours this morning to hunt down some local bottled beer to bring home with us. I figured if I'm going to NC, I better bring a pair of Jumpman shoes and a knife given to me by one of this forum's and North Carolina's finest, @r redden. Thank you, Randy! Beautiful country up here, my friend, and I wish I had more than ~4 hours of free time on this trip to meet up with you. Enjoy the weekend, everybody!

20180922_112756_2.jpg

I'm carrying two knives today, but only totin' one of them. A post by @jnevill prompted my choice of one to carry later this afternoon for a cocktail conversation with some buddies. I'll carry it in its box, rather than my pocket.

oBsWedf.jpg

gCwxsaw.jpg

I have a slight connection to Kentucky. I was born there, as my father was stationed at Fort Campbell before shipping off to Korea. I only stayed there for about a minute, but some of it is in my blood.

aQdrMOe.jpg

This is the knife that I'm totin' today - a 4 1/8" Mickey Maddox coffin jack. Mr. Maddox, of Ringgold, GA, was a high school biology teacher and a protege of Ron Little. Mr. Maddox passed on December 5, 2015 at the age of 89.

NVN8x8B.jpg

K2PIJly.jpg

- Stuart

Back