What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Drove from Sheridan , Wy. to Murdo , S. Dakota and carried this 77

Was going through my photos and found this one of an Elk who was probably 250 yards away across the road , river , and up a hill with his Harem . Used a Nikon Super - Zoom

And this Elk who was just off the road

Some photos of the TETONS

Harry

Taking my sweetie to Tucker's for an onion burger.

I like the knife, but would love that burger, John!!

Gorgeous stag knives today, Stuart! I like reading the back story for all of your knives. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I carried these two yesterday and again today.

Thanks, Dean, and that Case Wharnie is a charmer.

I decided to polish the blades on my American Jack so I'm carrying it today :thumbsup:

Well, Steve, aren't you getting fancy. Seriously, that is a fine knife even if "dirty".

I’ve been called lots of things in my life, but never an inspiration!

I too spent some time in Kentucky, I was sent to Louisville to work for 3 weeks, which turned into 7 months. I loved my time there, I must have done the Bourbon trail 5 times, as well as the National Corvette museum in Bowling Green, Mammoth Caves, down town Louisville, the Louisville Slugger factory, and Churchill Downs, it was all very beautiful and a ton of fun. I couldn’t live with the humidity full time though.

I love your Maddox, that’s a beauty for sure. And I’ll give you a dollar for your box!

I missed the Bourbon Trail on my first visit, but hope to make up for that, maybe five times or so. Several of my buddies swear that what they can remember of it was great. I am so lucky to have the two Maddox knives that I have, as the old guys' stuff is getting really scarce/expensive. I have two of the Case Centennial boxes, but need them for my two (green synthetic and stag) soddies, so send yours to me and I'll let it it rest in one of them every so often (and send you pics).

oday I’m Totin a single knife for a change. It’s my cull 35 Churchill Sambar Stag! Hope everyone has a great Saturday! :)

That's a very handsome knife, Ron, and fitting for you, pal. Seriously, the knife is good looking.

D Duckdog Nice Case soddie! I’ve always liked that knife and came close to getting one a couple times. 76 is my birth year too. I just love stag shadow knives in general and have had a pattern in mind for a long while now but can’t find any non-custom made ones. Maybe it’s time for a new custom knife for me...

Thanks, Nick. Take a look at the gorgeous stag shadows that Alan (@joeradza ) has assembled for a start. BTW, I was in my second year of practicing law in 1976 (and a young bachelor in Washington, DC ), so I won't tell you what you missed. Get yourself a nice knife to make up for it.

Saturday sharpening session.

R8shell, I admire your industry, as well as old school approach, but have to ask: what's with the three rivets that have popped up through the covers and shield on the Miller equal end? Training wheels for sharpening?
- Stuart

Was going through my photos and found this one of an Elk who was probably 250 yards away across the road , river , and up a hill with his Harem . Used a Nikon Super - Zoom

And this Elk who was just off the road

HArry, I am joining the chorus of "thank yous" for your gracious sharing of your trip through some fabulous pictures. More importantly, if I go elk hunting, I want YOU as my guide.
- Stuart

Also carried this Stag for

On the way today , we went past Chief Crazy Horse to see how much was done

Stopped at Mount Rushmore

They have Pillars for every state there

Then we went to The Badlands and was stopped by a Buffalo

We also saw a Mountain Sheep Ram at the same place as 3 years ago
And some Deer

It must have rained some in the recent past because we have never seen the Badlands with this much green color

Thanks, Nick. Take a look at the gorgeous stag shadows that Alan (@joeradza ) has assembled for a start. BTW, I was in my second year of practicing law in 1976 (and a young bachelor in Washington, DC ), so I won't tell you what you missed. Get yourself a nice knife to make up for it.

I always wished I born in the mid 50’s which is around when you’re born I’m guessing. The 60’s and 70’s I think were the best times especially in America. Music, cars, fashion etc were way cooler back then. I bet you had your share of wild times! Thanks for giving me another reason to spend more knife money. I’ll tell my wife that the next time I get a new knife.:D:thumbsup:

This one's been riding around with me for a few days.

XoAl407.jpg

Jack that stag lambsfoot is beautiful.

Thanks Randy :) :thumbsup:

Attractive knives, Jack! You can't go wrong with ebony and stag. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Dean :) :thumbsup:

I like the handle shape and blade profile on the Boker better than the SAK. Plus the handle is G10, which is preferable to me as well. It is about the same price here as well.

They are a quality range I think (abominations aside!), well made, and with good ergonomics :thumbsup:

Those look really good together Taylor :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I won't be straying far from home today, but I have these two pocketed :thumbsup:

Been absent the last week or so; we are moving to the Crystal Coast and got caught up in Hurricane Florence - no structural or water damage to our new house thankfully. However, seven trees (mostly oaks) down in the yard, piles of limbs, boughs, debris, along with electrical, plumbing, and drywall work to be done (by me) and a painter working in the house as well. I've been busy! I did take the day off yesterday to attend a reunion held in Raleigh of one of my old military units. Had a great time; carried this little stag handled Case Eisenhower (1998). Back to work today. OH
Case_05263_SS_-_1998.jpg

Been absent the last week or so; we are moving to the Crystal Coast and got caught up in Hurricane Florence - no structural or water damage to our new house thankfully. However, seven trees (mostly oaks) down in the yard, piles of limbs, boughs, debris, along with electrical, plumbing, and drywall work to be done (by me) and a painter working in the house as well. I've been busy! I did take the day off yesterday to attend a reunion held in Raleigh of one of my old military units. Had a great time; carried this little stag handled Case Eisenhower (1998). Back to work today. OH
Case_05263_SS_-_1998.jpg

Sorry to hear about the extra work OH, moving home is hard enough, without hurricanes adding to it. Hope you'll be very happy in your new place. Lovely Penknife :) :thumbsup:

Old topographical; a Curtain & Clark

6847549761_55873a69b7_b.jpg

So lucky
to have had this dance
thankful for another chance
time after time

Fitting lyrics for that old boy.

Tidioute #54 Harness Jack
View attachment 990273
A 54 variation I would be delighted to carry! Very nice.
#68 Premium Stockman in bone!!!:thumbsup:

Saturday sharpening session.
Zs87SJU.jpg
Love the red bone Case jack.
Giving the Boker a day off?

Old Engineer Old Engineer , thanks for the ride along!
Welcome back to the corn and soybeans!:D

I think I’ll tote these OTs to church, may swap for something afterward when we go visit the in-laws. Would enjoy showing off pocket knives with them, but alas, my two brothers in law, and their Dad are completely oblivious about knives. Never carry a pocket knife, ever.:oops: And I find that real weird.
I bought this 33OT middleman jack at the hardware store back in the early ‘70s.View attachment 990840

Last edited:
Back