What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sounds like a lot of work for two blocks :)
You got kids? ;)

Sounds like a busy weekend and a hard job well done. I've had weekends that make me look forward to work on Monday when I can get some rest...;)

Happy Monday, everybody!
W8gIvWv.jpg
Exactly! :thumbsup: :)

Sounds like a hectic weekend Ron, you chill out with those two my friend ;) :thumbsup:
Those are my intentions my friend! :D

I apologize for showing this Bulldog again today , but I do like to carry it . Just something about Stag and then seeing the looks on someone's face when they see the main blade and it is a heck of a well made knife .

Harry

wOkClxg.jpg

I love them old one armed razor knives. I used to have an old Boker from the 70s but someone long ago decided they liked it more than me and I never replaced it.

Other more interesting knives came along so I never pursued that pattern. I did however pick up this Frost Cutlery hawk bill one armed swayback razor knife.

Now this isn’t your 5 o’clock in the morning, nothing on tv so let’s see how many knives I can get for $200 Frost cutlery knife.

No this was from back in the 80s when his knives were made in Japan and he made Frost Wood/Zebra Wood/Pakawood scales famous.

At one time he had quality manufacturing facilities overseas and they made a great knife for a reasonable price.

I bought this at the local county fair when I first moved to NEPA back in the 80s. I had bought 2 knives, both Frost Cutlery knives adorned with Zebra Wood scales.

I had bought a medium splitback whistler for my wife and a one armed swayback razor hawkbill for me. My wife’s knife is long gone, lost in a discarded purse or left some place in a garden somewhere years ago.

Whatever you call it, I still have mine.
q9GROVC.jpg

Q4cpV9v.jpg

b9uJ080.jpg

YHgN3sh.jpg

Dkym43x.jpg

So then the Winchester’s are carbon steel? I’ve been wondering.

At least to me, the history of the Black Box Winchesters (1987-1991/1992) is a bit hazy, but @flatblackcapo posted what I understand to be the case: 1095 carbon steel blades. They supposedly were produced by Queen for Blue Grass Cutlery, the holder of the Winchester license. The jigged bone is said to have been old stock obtained from Utica, though some say it is Rogers bone that may have come via Utica or directly from Rogers.

We spent all evening on Friday packing boxes. First thing on Saturday morning we picked up a 15’ Uhaul and started loading it. Finally getting everything moved into the new apartment around 8:30PM on Saturday evening.

Ron, I was feeling a bit forlorn when I started reading your account of a trip to my neck of the woods this past weekend UNTIL I read the lines above. I wish that we could have gotten together, but I see you were being a good friend, suffering in silence.

I can’t decide. ;)

Pack 'em up and ship 'em yo me; I'll sort 'em out and send you a picture. Nice group.

- Stuart

x4n9IqT.jpg

Camp knife today.
So many of us were given those as our first real knife. I’d bet more of them were Colonials and Imperials than Camillus, Ulster, Case, etc.
And considering how many of us carried them, carved swords out of sticks, pretended we were Daniel Boone and tried throwing them at stumps:D,“sharpened” them on rocks or Dad’s bench grinder, etc, to see one like yours without shrunken or broken scales, and without broken or ground up blades is a real treat! It’s a time capsule.:thumbsup:

Will, you made me want to use this sleek, long legged whittler. :)

View attachment 995875

That is in fact until I received the mail with this lovely Dead Skunk, thanks to Barrett @btb 's kindness in response to my rant when I could not put the hand on one. :(:oops:
View attachment 995946

Well it only goes to show that you just can't have too many attractive knives :D:cool:

Fine Skunk there and bravo to Barrett for the help:thumbsup: But I'm really entranced by that watch, ultra!

Thanks, Will

At least to me, the history of the Black Box Winchesters (1987-1991/1992) is a bit hazy, but @flatblackcapo posted what I understand to be the case: 1095 carbon steel blades. They supposedly were produced by Queen for Blue Grass Cutlery, the holder of the Winchester license. The jigged bone is said to have been old stock obtained from Utica, though some say it is Rogers bone that may have come via Utica or directly from Rogers.

Ron, I was feeling a bit forlorn when I started reading your account of a trip to my neck of the woods this past weekend UNTIL I read the lines above. I wish that we could have gotten together, but I see you were being a good friend, suffering in silence.

Pack 'em up and ship 'em yo me; I'll sort 'em out and send you a picture. Nice group.

- Stuart
Stuart I started to call you Saturday evening after the dust had settled a little. I told my wife I was to tired to talk! :D We’ll have to talk soon my friend! :D

Gev, it’s great to see your Sambar Churchill. :thumbsup: :)

Old Crosley radio/ phonograph I found in the barn. The knife kinda follows the form of the tone arm to which the stylus was attached. You youngsters a tone arm is not a shapely lady’s arm and a stylus was not device you used on your tablet. ;).

1zHgkPN.jpg

Back