What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

#11 Barlow today

Another beauty, Steve, I'm going to send you some folding money to post an ugly knife.

This Catt today. A Fathers day present from my son.

The source and the occasion seal the deal - my favorite knife shown today!

Great trio, Stuart !! Thanks for the look :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gev. Old stuff, but instructive, maybe.

Case Whiskey bone teardrop. I don't think the put real whiskey in there.

That knife is intoxicating, Dean.

The horizontal pipes on the stern of the barges are the pipelines for the product (to and from dock). There are wires (cable) breasting the barges together on the bow and stern of the barges. The line (rope)is for safety in case the boat gets knocked out of tow from the barges. Good day

Thanks, Willard. That "line/pipe" between the stanchions/bollards closest to the pilot house looked way too small for fuel flow and I didn't know that fuel would flow through stanchions/bollards, or that diesel and gas would flow through the same pipe, but maybe I couldn't see the detail. In any event, safe travels, as that is true "puckering effect" towage. Thanks for sharing your adventures (daily events to you) with us.

“Cuz thinking and drinking are all I have today.”

Great theme for a country song, right there, See below.

Beautiful color tones on the covers of all 3 knives. I like all but especially the Valley forge.

Thanks, Nick, they and their kin are available on the auction site.

Couldn’t decide what to carry today but since it’s micarta menefee monday.

I think the pipe he is referring to is just the white handrail fwd of the pilothouse window. Optical illusion.

It could be, but the item I described is gray and runs a very short distance between two stern stanchions/bollards, well below the pilothouse and on the barges themselves (i.e., foreground). It's a great optical illusion, if so. But, since it isn't knife related, I digress no more.

Per post by @Dschal[/USER

[MEDIA=youtube]43vfvIwK9iE[/MEDIA]

- Stuart

Last edited:
hQ8zDBh.jpg

Very nice Mark :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, sir.:thumbsup:

Nice Camillus and Catt guys! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Nick. That Menefee is awesome but I enjoy your Camillus pen knife as well as all the old beauties you have shown lately.

The source and the occasion seal the deal - my favorite knife shown today!

Thanks, Stuart! It is one of my more treasured knives for just those reasons! Thanks for the kind words.:thumbsup:

We are having a large deceased hickory cut down today. It's too close to the house for my meager skills, so I'm just supervising (and paying). These are my supervising knives for this Twofer Twosday. Sawdust, here I come!

aEhBrnP.jpg

And, yes, I'm keeping the wood for the fireplaces and the smoker.
- Stuart

Back