What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Camillus USN Utility

mUPnH0ah.jpg

That is a very photogenic pair right there, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hey, we had exactly the same phenomenon at the same time on our side of Lake Michigan. :( The morning after the onset of the onslaught, one got between my eye and glasses while I was making breakfast. I stuck my finger in there to chase it out, and when I went to brush my teeth later, I found a bruise that lasted over a week. I guess I've officially entered geezerhood where I bleed/bruise with the slightest provocation! :p
View attachment 996079

Congrats on the milestones, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'm look forward to the results of your experiment on the SBJr edge. :cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks GT! And OUCH! I wonder if the steak-on-the-eye trick of old actually helped or not :). At least you could eat the steak I guess. ;)

I have some cardboard to break down that is fairly uniform, I am going to do a side-by-side, completely unscientific comparison with a 30 degree inclusive and the 40 degree SBj's this week as a "test" of sorts.

Mine today, Mike did a great job with the original Plow, very much looking forward to the upgraded version.

Last edited:
Very attractive knife, Gary. :thumbsup:
Sunday carry this week.

Thanks for the cannitler comment, Dean. :) Another attractive pair for you; I like that Ancient of a different color than your "usual" one. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

2015 77 Jack in Antique Yellow Bone covers:thumbsup:
3iTiLQ.jpg

Another awe-inspiring jigged bone beauty, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I apologize for showing this Bulldog again today , but I do like to carry it . Just something about Stag and then seeing the looks on someone's face when they see the main blade and it is a heck of a well made knife .

Harry
Harry, isn't there a saying, "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing"? Sure seems to apply to posting a handsome knife like that one! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice Paul :thumbsup:

Morning folks :) Starting the week off with these two, hope everyone has a good one :thumbsup:

Folks who have either of those models seem quite taken with them, Jack, so you're starting off the week on the right (lamb)foot! ;):thumbsup::cool:

... The lock is very solid but still easy to operate and does not make a hotspot, it actually sinks into the hollow of the hand during use.

Im4AhBO.jpg
I REALLY like the forward position of the lock release bar on the Mercator; for me, it's my easiest-to-operate lockback! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TGIM! :eek: ... Whew! :eek: That’s rough on an old man like me! ;) Today I’m home relaxing with these two in my pockets. :D

43218093500_62d96f47a3_b_d.jpg
Sounds like a rough but rewarding weekend, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That black/red pair should help smooth you out! ;)

Since I had it out for pictures...
What a classic, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

... I did however pick up this Frost Cutlery hawk bill one armed swayback razor knife.
Whatever you call it, I still have mine....
b9uJ080.jpg
Unusual, intriguing knife, Ted! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Admirable stag statesman you have there, Gev! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been trying to tote this John Primble 4860 jack in my pocket today, but it keeps appearing in my hand. At 3 5/8", it's a bit shorter than the English Jacks that I've been totin'. Half sunk joints help, too.
tlCIrOy.jpg

- Stuart
Holy Catfish, Stuart! :eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a knife that could tie me in knots! Spear/pen; equal-end with round, lined bolsters; 3 5/8" is perfect length (like a canoe ;)); shapely shield; boffo bone!! Checks practically every box! :)

So many of us were given those as our first real knife. I’d bet more of them were Colonials and Imperials than Camillus, Ulster, Case, etc.
You've got me pegged, Jeff. :thumbsup:;) My first knife (and basically only knife for 45 years) was a Colonial Forest-Master:
f-m.mark.3open.jpg

View attachment 996095 View attachment 996096 View attachment 996097 Mason Monday here’s a lovespoon made by my Father for my daughter to celebrate her birth, alongside is a beautiful Lanny Clip in Rams Horn by @Mason Knives
Two outstanding works of art!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT.
Yes, it is an American Workman. You really know your stuff!!!
Thanks, for the confirmation, John. :cool: I "window shop" at some Case dealers fairly regularly. ;) I was impressed with your knowledge of canoes when you recommended one for me in another thread! :p

Ralf is riveting, Jeff! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. Tidy and tight, nice and light.
- Stuart
:thumbsup::)

Thanks Gary! It's a really well made knife. At 3.5" it's pretty pocketable.
That's what I like to hear! ;):thumbsup: The 4" trappers seem beyond my comfort zone, but the 3.5" "mini trappers" are aces!

Thanks for the nice words guys. GT, it’s a Brantford with some yummy edible bone. :D
Thanks for the ID, Nick! :thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs
You’re right,
Its Buck’s Canoe and Joker’s Setter,...
SbYFk6n.jpg
Thanks for the confirmation, @Aryan29 . :)

This Catt today. A Fathers day present from my son.
9KygxUZ.jpg
Even though your Catt has worms, it looks to be perfectly healthy to me, Mark!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, I get that on the backs of my hands, bump a branch, and get a big purple spot.
But one time, I had a smoking hot .45 shell bounce off the ceiling of my range booth that landed under my shooting glasses and just laid there under my eye sizzling away. Looked just like your photo.
:eek:o_O

Thank you, Gary. I think the photos you are referring to were done at different ponds. We have several of those around here. :)
Thanks for the info, Dean. :)

Case Whiskey bone teardrop. I don't think the put real whiskey in there. ;)

I could get pretty inebriated just looking at that one, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic bone, and I'm very partial to that shield!

Thanks pal, I ended up carrying a couple more too that day too! :D Made me think of you (of course), and about adding some braces (suspenders) to my belt, as I was pulling my britches up half the day! :D :thumbsup:

I can't get enough of them GT! :D :thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup: Since I moved to the suspenders, I almost never have to "hitch up" my pants; I really enjoy the difference!

wI4K49o.jpg

Camillus for me today.
That's a winner! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
pruner.mark.open.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Huntsman:
huntsman.open.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider amber jigged bone sowbelly:
sowbelly.closed.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Carrying a buck 301 and 501 today . Waiting on a case medium stockman and caliber to add into the rotation. I'm getti.g able to carry traditional knives again as my hands don't shake and tremble as bad, so thankful for that and to be able to carry the type of k ice I've carried since I was 5 years old. Maybe doesn't matter alot of people but to me it is part of my heritage that gives me such joy

Alex of the Week is a Vic Pruner (thanks, Ken):
The Alox sizzles ...hot hot !! And RR keeps getting better and better. That sow is something else and I'm still thinking about that locking tobacco acorn canoe...momma mia

Red and Ralf for me today.

5A0LWd5.jpg

Great pairings guys :thumbsup:

Gorgeous duo, Jack! Now I can't get that Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder song out of my head!

Thanks a lot Dean :) Sorry about that! :D :thumbsup:

Folks who have either of those models seem quite taken with them, Jack, so you're starting off the week on the right (lamb)foot! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT, they work for me :) :thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup: Since I moved to the suspenders, I almost never have to "hitch up" my pants; I really enjoy the difference!

I wore them when I was younger, but none of my trousers have buttons now, and I'm not sure there's room to add them inside the waist band! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Back