What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carrying these two today, in honor of A.G. Russell. Two of the many, many knives I've purchased from him over the years.
CmoLtAk.jpg

Some say that Queen's modern knives, like this one, can't be classics, but that knife blows such commentary away.

Thank you, Stuart, beautifully said. In my experience, Queen's and S&M's from the '90s into the early '00s are as good as any production knives, ever.

Another incredible acronymic coincidence: BF stands for both Blade Forums and Black Forest! :eek::rolleyes: That's an illustrious stag whittler, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your old cross Electrician is exquisite, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

As is true every day of every week, I'm carrying these knives:
seFcyPO.jpg

minichamp-closed-cedarville-jpg.1004428

solo-mark-open-jpg.1004429

Arresting Opinel mod! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Another charred handle finish, or is that some type of dark stain?
Thanks for all the kind words, GT. The Opinel was another victim of the torch.:D
Are these knives your steady companions? If so, I can understand why.

Carrying some rosewood today, and some MOP :) Lambsfoot by A.Wright, Penknife by W. Green :thumbsup:

h9y4MbM.jpg

o87V6SS.jpg
Nice duo, Jack. The W Green pen is a looker and you captured the color in the MOP nicely. Though, I am sure it looks much better in person, as MOP always does.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

44461204435_05e97819c8_h.jpg

Payin’ bills today, don’t want nothin’ too big in case I get depressed and decide to collect on the insurance. ;)

Figure I can’t mortally wound myself with this.

10 years ago we made this one, the third of the Traditional Forum’s knives and one of my favorites. Northwoods medium Stockman in Burnt Stag. IIRC there were only 50 made, this one is # 13.

p0IygMy.jpg

That really is a beauty my friend, congratulations :thumbsup:

Carrying these two today, in honor of A.G. Russell. Two of the many, many knives I've purchased from him over the years.
CmoLtAk.jpg

Very nice Gary :) I think I just have a Sting :eek: AG will be greatly missed :( :thumbsup:

Nice duo, Jack. The W Green pen is a looker and you captured the color in the MOP nicely. Though, I am sure it looks much better in person, as MOP always does.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

44461204435_05e97819c8_h.jpg

Thanks a lot Kevin, that sure was a great forum knife :) :thumbsup:

Payin’ bills today, don’t want nothin’ too big in case I get depressed and decide to collect on the insurance. ;)

Figure I can’t mortally wound myself with this.

10 years ago we made this one, the third of the Traditional Forum’s knives and one of my favorites. Northwoods medium Stockman in Burnt Stag. IIRC there were only 50 made, this one is # 13.

p0IygMy.jpg

This’ll look knice alongside the 2018 Traditional Forum’s knife. :)

CmoLtAk.jpg
Bob’s style is unmistakable, I have one of his original Arkansas Toothpicks, great knife. Bob’s the master of D2.

Great pic, great pairing.

Some more pictures from my travels the past few days

The first one was taken on the same stretch of road on US-163 that Forrest Gump decided he was done running. I love that movie and HAD to take a picture :D;)

44060308_10160963439075613_7571798519875371008_n.jpg

This one is on the south rim of the Grand Canyon. First time seeing it. Talk about BIG

44086287_10160966076595613_237491586726887424_n.jpg

Took this one today. There is a place just outside of Tuba City AZ that has a bunch dinosaur tracks frozen in time. It was really cool to walk amongst them.

44321742_10160969597945613_862433487485927424_n.jpg

-Caleb
Now that would be cool !!! Thanks for the great pictures my friend .

Harry

TC must mean Tremendous Combo, Dean! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, Gary!

Oh, by the way, I'm carrying knives myself this week! :rolleyes:
Alox of the Week is an old cross Pioneer:
1yeAVYt.jpg

Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider "Bolster Stripes" model with bone I consider very attractive:
ZNp5HIR.jpg

- GT

Gary, it is always nice to see your old rugged cross. Is your striped bolster Canoe a new acquisition? I like the bone on that one, too.

Back