What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

They're ba_ack.
OPXLdFP.jpg

pQgna3L.jpg

Schizoid Jack.
And just to further justify the plural,
uGrYTr6.jpg

Well, not just to justify the plural. Just because.

Last edited:
Today’s EDC was my very first Opinel 8 stainless. I absolutely love it and now I don’t know if I want to get more sizes, or different 8’s.

I've lost track of when the following posts first appeared - sometime this week is all I remember.
Today and always with one of these twin wonders...:D:thumbsup:

2199yci.jpg
The beauty of your knives gives me double vision, Senhor Pinto! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

A 2013 jigged yellow bone Farm Boy for me today:thumbsup:
3HF5ga.jpg

Those Farm Boys are sure remarkable knives, Paul! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sort of a GEC mini trapper, I guess?

... I've been holding this gem since I received it from @Jack Black last week with a couple of beautiful cigarette/cigarillo cases (one of which I posted in the Beverages thread). He was so generous that he threw in a packet of sweet treats that he knew I fancied. Thank you, Jack. I am humbled by your kindness and friendship.

o9EUS3A.jpg

- Stuart
Congrats on the rocking rosewood lambsfoot (and other gifts), Stuart! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Kudos to Jack for his legendary generosity! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Twofer for Wooden Wednesday:
RETcIC1.jpg

zt1KuCq.jpg
Tremendous timber tandem, L lambertiana ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Seeing the Churchill sent me off to find more Churchill quotes to edify myself and the Porch community! ;) An alleged exchange between Churchill and a Lady Astor:
Lady Astor: "Winston, if I were your wife I'd put poison in your coffee."
Winston Churchill: "Nancy, if I were your husband I'd drink it."

"You touch my lambsfoot and I'll claw your eyes out!"

Also, this:
Go, Dodgers!
I'm not a cat guy or a Dodger fan, but both your knives are first-rate, PJohn! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Carried this one today :

Harry
Stellar stag, as usual, Harry!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm always surprised to see an 85 with clip main.

My new Otter.
BwciKeA.jpg
@HFinn & @zolthar, looks like I oughter get an Otter (in glorious stag)! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Splendid Barlow, Dwight :cool::cool::thumbsup:, but I don't even know what I'm seeing in the 2nd pic! :eek::confused:

Looks like a durable, dependable duo, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Three of my favorites.
VCdYBCz.jpg
Lookin' good, Woodrow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Must be a Louisiana thing. :D

20181025-105219-2.jpg

My hankie is used as a sweat band in my hard hat, though; it's not what I would call "presentable". o_O
Couple of hot Louisiana trios from you and Woodrow, Shawn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I’ve got these two with me today on a very rare weekday off work.

Whoa! Is that TC Barlow new-to-you, Tom? That's a special knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One of the finest Harry, even with two blades.
In honor of the teardrop I've got my Lloyd today. And I guess I'll add the sowbelly.
View attachment 1009514 View attachment 1009515
That teardrop is one of my favorites of yours, Alan; brings tears of joy to my eyes! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: And I agree with your assessment of Harry's knife, although I'd phrase it, "especially with two blades". :):thumbsup:

Today on the trail...

My buddy, LTC (ret.) Gerry, likes the Army trapper. You can tell by the big smile. ;)
Two stunning knives and a cheerful companion make for a heavenly hike, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

In the pocket this Portuguese knife in stag...
9bkoeo.jpg
So nice to see that handsome stag knife again, @Pt-Luso ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My 2016 EO 85 today. With the new 85's soon to be released there's talk of likes and dislikes of the EO notch. For me the EO is a HUGE plus for ease of use, plus I just really like the look. I do understand it isn't for everyone.
T50TVv.jpg

Sensational knife, Paul! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: If this is a poll, put me down as a fan of the EO 85, with spearpoint main. :)

Heath, your 93OT is an outstanding knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (And I'm an idiot for not carrying mine more frequently.)

I'm stumbling around trying to get packed for a 7:00 am flight to South dakota for some pheasant chasin'. ... - Stuart
Thanks for the canoe compliment, and I hope you wring necks of ringnecks in SoDak, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know exactly what you mean GT, it has flown for me too :eek: Thank you very much for the compliments, that's a great line-up there pal :thumbsup:
Pi3Oshn.jpg

sMWlFI5.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :) Jack & Ron, commendations for the compelling coal-colored couples you each carry today! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Watchpocket Knife of the Week for me is a Case mini copperhead:
gkzLoVj.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a harvest orange Tribal Lock:
tribal.mark.Vopen.jpg

Peanut of the Week is a Case Delrin TruSharp (thanks, Cory):
YM99LV1.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Splendid Barlow, Dwight :cool::cool::thumbsup:, but I don't even know what I'm seeing in the 2nd pic!
Thank you my friend. The second pic is a type of lobster sitting on a type of fungi! :eek:

Watchpocket Knife of the Week for me is a Case mini copperhead:
Handsome copperhead.

Big Knife of the Week is a harvest orange Tribal Lock
Beautiful color.

Peanut of the Week is a Case Delrin TruSharp
I love the legume and that is a peanut prince. :cool:

I'm not a cat guy or a Dodger fan, but both your knives are first-rate, PJohn! ;):cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the comlpiment, Gary! Actually, I'm not a cat guy or Dodger fan either.

We have three dogs and a cat. Two of the dogs are primarily my wife's, but my trusty chihuahua, Mini, is sitting next to me now watching the World Series. My daughter claims sole ownership of the cat, but I love her. Feeding her, petting her, and scooping her litter box while my wife and daughter are gone camping.

My team (Yankees) is out of the playoffs, but I love the game. I always pick a team to root for, especially in the World Series. And though I know the Yankees and Dodgers are historical rivals (they've met in the WS more than any other teams (Bronx Bombers 8, Bums 3), I gotta pull for any team battling the Evil Empire (Red Sox)!

Heath, your 93OT is an outstanding knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (And I'm an idiot for not carrying mine more frequently.)

- GT

Unfortunately, we share the same brand if idiocy... I was looking for another knife when I turned that one up... I hadn't looked at it in months, which just shoes the ridiculous abundance of knives I have, if I can leave that one sitting long enough to get dusty.

Back