What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I carried a couple of "free choice" knives this past week in addition to the knives prescribed by my rotation schedule. One free choice was a Rough Rider stag mini trapper:
View attachment 1011454

The other free choice was a Schrade Walden whittler (thanks, Tsar Bomba):
vaFZUGg.jpg

- GT
Outstanding beauties Gary! You sneaked those in while I was typing. Wonderful knives. :)

I just can't abide chili without beans! Matter of fact my chili has three different kinds of beans AND some more that are mashed up just for good measure. :D I love Texas but now that I know their chili doesn't have beans in it... well... that makes em suspect. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Yup. Dk red Kidneys,white kidneys, small reds, etc.
And even though ground meat goes through the Stop 'N Rob nacho machine pump better, roasted or slow cooked and shredded good cuts of meat are better.

I just can't abide chili without beans! Matter of fact my chili has three different kinds of beans AND some more that are mashed up just for good measure. :D I love Texas but now that I know their chili doesn't have beans in it... well... that makes em suspect. :eek::oops::rolleyes:
Well, Dwight, I believe Augustus McCrae kept his beans and chili separate. The Texas State Dish is chili (WITHOUT beans), but there are plenty of folks around here that put beans in it. It has always seemed like filler to me, and I prefer mine with plenty of beef and no beans.
For restaurant chili, I recommend the Texas Chili Parlor in Austin. You gotta get at least the XX (X is mild and XXX is VERY hot). It is served with crackers, onions, and jalapeños, and you can get ice-cold bottles of Miller High Life for $2 each. There may be some chili with beans on the menu. I never really look at the menu--I always order chili and beer.
And by the way, I love Arkansas. Prettiest drive ever was Highway 7 north out of Hot Springs. Visited Dogpatch (amusement park) in 1993 before they closed.
Knife content: bought a small stockman (it has "The Little McCoy" etched on the clip blade, and is from McCoy Knives in Mt Ida, Arkansas. Never see that brand here in south Texas) on that trip in Silver Dollar City.

View attachment 1011529 In celebration of the Boston Red Sox World Series win.....here's one I got from Paul Hilborn back when I lived in Monterey.
What a victory my friend:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: it ran the gambit of emotions but they just did what they do best...hit and score runs when they have two outs against them:eek::D Pitching was somewhat stellar as well:cool: I remember that knife;)

I carried a couple of "free choice" knives this past week in addition to the knives prescribed by my rotation schedule. One free choice was a Rough Rider stag mini trapper:
GT I like the looks of the mini trapper good one. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Everybody knows that beans will clog up the meat sauce pump. Gas station mini marts let you pump your own meat sauce and “cheese” sauce onto your nachos or hot dog. It comes in a #10 tin can or a heavy plastic bladder with a built in valve for the pump.

But nobody wants that junk in place of real home made chili. ;)

Oh, that is so gross! :eek:

Winter approaches remorselessly ...the clocks went back and I got up an hour early:D Never like getting up whatever the time, likely because I never want to go to sleep;) But, the day was bright,crisp and sunny, albeit a brisk North wind:eek: So I thought to carry something unusual and mellow coloured, GEC 56 Dogleg from the first run. Five Kopeck coin from Katherine the Great is a heavyweight coin indeed!

aCY89gs.jpg

Same here Will, hate it when the clocks go back o_O Interesting old coin with your #56 :thumbsup:

2014 Harness Jack that I bought from my friend Bob, (Bigbiscut) used it as a worry stone last night cheering for my/our Red Sox. Worked last night, so carrying today/night for same reason:thumbsup:
hDrppH.jpg

QJiVLD.jpg

Nice worry-stone Paul, and glad it worked for you my friend :) I have a 2014 HJ in ebony, but unfortunately GEC messed the shield up o_O

1WsfspM.jpg

This one somehow snuck it's way into my pocket too.
I thought I was listin' to port a little today.
30666658227_03d71a826d_h.jpg

LOL! :D Great pairing my friend :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1011529 In celebration of the Boston Red Sox World Series win.....here's one I got from Paul Hilborn back when I lived in Monterey.

Lovely knife, one of my favourites from GEC - all the nicer for the generous gifting :) :thumbsup:

I love this old Joseph Haywood, but it's been a while since I carried it...

i8VoOdT.jpg

Remedying that today, and pairing it with my ebony 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot :) Have a good week folks (and don't eat any gas station chilli! :eek: ;)) :thumbsup:

4UAVmTU.jpg

Back