What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Oh, it'd take more than that to ruin my appetite my friend ;) :D :thumbsup: In the past I have heard Scots arguing about salt or sugar in their porridge, but these days any debate about haggis would probably be whether it should be traditionally served with neeps and tatties, or battered and deep-fried, and served with chips (fries)! :eek: :D :thumbsup:
:p:thumbsup: :thumbsup::p
f95e197665b9716a1696637066c50258.jpeg

Bailed non-SAK this week is my Colonial Forest-Master, my first ever knife that either my parents gave me or a classmate gave me at a birthday party about 1960:
0mRTlY3.jpg
Looks like my first knife (received 1968-1970). Wish I still had it! Don't know why I can't get another one. My baseball-themed Victorinox Tinker can perform the same functions--and more--in the meantime.
Nice patina there!

Glad to see that glittering heirloom, Rachel :cool::thumbsup::cool:, but sad (and angry) about the situation that motivated your choice! :(:mad:
Thank you, GT. Sad and angry pretty much sums it up, but to quote Mr. Rogers:
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."

Much appreciated JB !! A cap lifter sheepsfoot? Mighty fine and well appointed knife and would have had me at hello ;):)

Thank you very much. It is without a doubt one of my favorites and sometimes finds itself wrapped around my finger - so your post immediately made me think of it. This was modded by, and acquired here on the Exchange from Bob "BigBiscuit", so it has special meaning. I kept what he wrote at the time:

"Custom modded Beer Scout. This beauty was modded with Natural Canvas Micarta covers, stainless liners and a larger lanyard tube to accept a fob instead of a bail..."

Edit: the tube is labeled 153213EC Sunbrite Acrylic.

The micarta has definitely darkened up with use. Here is a pic from Bob; and then one from today.

dPlZUGi.jpg IMG_2041.jpg

Last edited:
I'll certainly cast an absentee ballot for that BF Stag Jack, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stockman of the Week is a Case CV chestnut jigged bone sowbelly (thanks, Ron), pictured with a Case chestnut bone Sodbuster Jr that I carry every day:
1g3pjtM.jpg
Thanks Gary! That’s such a great pair of Chestnut Jigged Case knives. :thumbsup: Your welcome and I know that SBJr is near and dear to you as well! :)

Very nice Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for your interest in my Haywood :) Not a Lambsfoot unfortunately, but still a very useful, and extremely pocketable, knife :thumbsup:

b0W2ZDS.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Jack! :) Your Haywood has stood the test of time. It’s just a beautiful old knife. One that can be appreciated on its own merits, even if it’s not a Lambsfoot. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you very much. It is without a doubt one of my favorites and sometimes finds itself wrapped around my finger - so your post immediately made me think of it. This was modded by, and acquired here on the Exchange from Bob "BigBiscuit", so it has special meaning. I kept what he wrote at the time:

"Custom modded Beer Scout. This beauty was modded with Natural Canvas Micarta covers, stainless liners and a larger lanyard tube to accept a fob instead of a bail..."

The micarta has definitely darkened up with use. Here is a pic from Bob; and then one from today.

View attachment 1011774 View attachment 1011775
JB that truly is a special knife! I remember when Bob had it modified. Many of us here have knives that came from Bob! I know most of us will never part with them! :thumbsup: :)

Edit: the tube is labeled 153213EC Sunbrite Acrylic.

View attachment 1011774 View attachment 1011775
Most special indeed !! Natural canvas micarta ages so well. A real gem !

Prometheus is not your name
but I know what your up to just the same
you hypnotize me with your fire and deeper meaning
If I linger I know where this is leading
sometimes we cannot escape
the twists and turns of fate
you still ebb and flow around me
I still hear your words of tuition
your devilish monition has come to fruition
I can see my servant
is now my master
and you still have me wrapped around your finger

43801722070_36d850079b_b.jpg

Lovely knife Gev. Rufus ... sublime.

Very nice Ron :) :thumbsup:

Oh, it'd take more than that to ruin my appetite my friend ;) :D :thumbsup: In the past I have heard Scots arguing about salt or sugar in their porridge, but these days any debate about haggis would probably be whether it should be traditionally served with neeps and tatties, or battered and deep-fried, and served with chips (fries)! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for your interest in my Haywood :) Not a Lambsfoot unfortunately, but still a very useful, and extremely pocketable, knife :thumbsup:

b0W2ZDS.jpg

ED1WmxX.jpg

eRI8Tlm.jpg

Thanks GT, nice knives to start the week with :) :thumbsup:
Thabks for the pics! THAT’S a knife.

If neeps are turnips, can I have beets and taters instead?
Ok, why DID the haggis cross the road???

Back