What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks for the compliment Jack! :) Your Haywood has stood the test of time. It’s just a beautiful old knife. One that can be appreciated on its own merits, even if it’s not a Lambsfoot. :thumbsup: :)

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics! THAT’S a knife.

If neeps are turnips, can I have beets and taters instead?

Ok, why DID the haggis cross the road???

My pleasure :)

The neeps get mashed together with the tatties, but I reckon you could have beets :thumbsup:

Sadly, the haggis never made it across the road, he got kilt on the way ;)

Very appealing spear/sheep Barlow, Buzz! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll certainly cast an absentee ballot for that BF Stag Jack, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Captivating photos for a flatlander like me, 315 315 ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I almost always prefer 2 blades to 1, but the covers on both knives are very distinctive! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Someday, I'll catch some courage and try to put an EO notch on mine. :)

Thanks, Lance. :)

Thanks for the support, Jack. :) Your AC Lambsfoot and ebony Boys' Knife are an enjoyable duo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Picture perfect!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Churchill claimed that, "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."

Very sorry to hear about the far less than ideal result of your repair attempt. :(:thumbsdown: Were you removing steel from the tang or from the spring? If the tang, might it be possible to find a different blade to put into that excellent stag handle?

That's a hearty pair of knives! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I haven't bisected any croissants recently, but I bisected an angle not long ago; my experience was less tasty than yours, I'd wager. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dwight. :) Your Kabar Barlow and stag 110 are both most impressive! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, John; amazing the joy that knives with some sentimental connection can bring! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: And thanks for the GEC 72 remark; that's a third of my GEC holdings! :rolleyes:

Keen Colonial Barlow, Spaten Spaten ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I like the bolster stamp for the same reason I like scouts with a can opener that has "can opener" stamped on it: as I get older appreciate the reminders of what I'm looking at! ;):p

Glad to see that glittering heirloom, Rachel :cool::thumbsup::cool:, but sad (and angry) about the situation that motivated your choice! :(:mad:

Congrats on the lovely new #14, Ratbert Ratbert ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Maybe I'm amazed by the bone that knife is wearing!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Intriguing introspection, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That flaming-hot 99 could warm a cold winter night, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent plan, Lance! ;):thumbsup: Please put me down for a bowl of each! :)

That's a high-class pair, Tom! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the props for my knives. :) I revived my old 3-strand braiding skills developed in the Calvinist Cadet Corp to make that lanyard from a leather boot lace. ;) I often attach a carabiner or a Nite-Eze S-clip to the "free end" and clip it to a belt loop.

What IS that creature trying to ingest your classy Calf Roper, Ken?? :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My carries this week happen to include quite a few gift knives. :):thumbsup::cool:
Alox of the Week is a Vic Classic (thanks, Ken):
VoP00eg.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a modified Vic Recruit (thanks, Greg):
uoGrsB0.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is my Colonial Forest-Master, my first ever knife that either my parents gave me or a classmate gave me at a birthday party about 1960:
0mRTlY3.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Case CV chestnut jigged bone sowbelly (thanks, Ron), pictured with a Case chestnut bone Sodbuster Jr that I carry every day:
1g3pjtM.jpg

- GT
Handsome chestnut bone on those! And that Forest-Master looks in great shape for its age! :thumbsup::)

L31gt0m.jpg

This was in my pocket
Great stag on that one! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looks like my first knife (received 1968-1970). Wish I still had it! Don't know why I can't get another one. My baseball-themed Victorinox Tinker can perform the same functions--and more--in the meantime.
Nice patina there!
I see a lot more Kamp Kings than Forest Masters. A Kamp King, I could send you one.

View attachment 1011621 Happy Monday!
Really enjoying all your carry pick pics.

A patriot and a pioneer X today.

zA0Xe7A.jpg

My carries this week happen to include quite a few gift knives. :):thumbsup::cool:
Alox of the Week is a Vic Classic (thanks, Ken):
VoP00eg.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a modified Vic Recruit (thanks, Greg):
uoGrsB0.jpg

Bailed non-SAK this week is my Colonial Forest-Master, my first ever knife that either my parents gave me or a classmate gave me at a birthday party about 1960:
0mRTlY3.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Case CV chestnut jigged bone sowbelly (thanks, Ron), pictured with a Case chestnut bone Sodbuster Jr that I carry every day:
1g3pjtM.jpg

- GT

Today with my new arrival Victorinox alox pioneer limited edition of Nespresso Dharkan 2018...;):thumbsup:

9upuko.jpg
2v0byuf.jpg

Today I added my Mountain Man in curly zebrawood to the stag Churchill for my large carry.

This (glad I had the D2 advantage today, as I had to cut a hotdog in half at Costco!)
s9lfF0r.jpg

Plus these
PrGDVAb.jpg

Seems to be a good Monday to carry some fine Swiss craftsmanship :):thumbsup:

Had time to "rub this one out" today ;)

IMG_20181029_183816.jpg

Used it to prep for dinner, wicked slicer now :). It's got the most amazing progressive cam tang, initial opening is probably a 2 with a nice snap to open and a firm enough close.

~Chip

Back