What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A gift from nature as well, a BEAUTIFUL sunset
Paul the handles on that scout are amazing. What a fine piece of cutlery.
And how fortunate you are to be privileged to such spectacular sunsets, sunrises and cloud formations right from home. I've started saving the images they are so beautiful.

FbFquZv.jpg
Such rich color and depth not to mention the jigging. Beautiful Travis.

Very nice looking knife and what a Sunset Paul !!!
I also wish Primble was around again .

Harry
Gorgeous! The Scouts are hands-down my favorite #15s.
It does not get any finer. Paul....wow !!!!
Paul the handles on that scout are amazing. What a fine piece of cutlery.
And how fortunate you are to be privileged to such spectacular sunsets, sunrises and cloud formations right from home. I've started saving the images they are so beautiful.

Such rich color and depth not to mention the jigging. Beautiful Travis.

Harry, John, Gev and Dwight, thank you very much for the nice comments on the terrific gift from Primble as well as the sunsets I am so fortunate to witness. Primble had a great run here, I wish he'd come out of retirement:):thumbsup:

Serious knife firepower there, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a Sabre Big Barlow like yours, but yours is in much better shape! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

High productivity pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What is that tile design in so many of your pics??
Big Knife of the Week is a Remington Big Daddy Barlow (thanks, Shawn):
6A2DqJH.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is my Cracker Jack, a stag lambsfoot (the entire run was sort of a gift to the community from Jack Black ;):cool::thumbsup:):
View attachment 1012253

- GT

I chose the Sabre because it’s stainless, and wickedly sharp. Cheap but fun knife.
Way cheaper than that beautiful Remington Big Daddy Bullet Barlow.
And speaking of fun, you guys with your Ashleys Choice Lambsfoots sure seem to be enjoying them. Looks like that was a great run of knives put together by Mr Black.:thumbsup:

The tile is the top of a small, round table out on our back deck. I call it Dead Guy’s Table because of how I acquired it.o_O
The light just after sunrise where DGT is seems to assist my crude photog skills.

Two beauties Jack. The Unity is really something with that jigging.

Thank you Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Thanks Jack! The Weck has been in my pocket all week with my other knives I rotate. I rarely leave home without it, or another pen knife of course. Just didn’t want to keep posting pics of the same knife.

It's certainly a lovely knife my friend, as are the other penknives you've shown here :) :thumbsup:

Av76GbK.jpg

An old friend and a new one for dinner tonight.

Yay! :) Great stuff :) :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for holding my knives in high esteem, Jack. ;) This photo of your Haywood is one of my favorite pics of yours. :cool::thumbsup::cool: It accentuates the lovely grain in the handle, and it displays both the stovepipe kick and the cool tea kettle tang stamp (put the kettle on the stove, Ma :rolleyes:). And then the book in the background looks like something I could enjoy for hours!! :cool::thumbsup::)

Thanks, PJohn. :) Your Tinker has all the tools as my scout knife, plus you've got the extra pen blade. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the insightful quote, Rachel. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment and the testimonial to Bob's influence on so many on The Porch! :):thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the handsome new Pioneer, Pt-Luso Pt-Luso ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

International Knife of the Week is one my daughter got for me in Toledo, Spain:
8aAIJhR.jpg

6A2DqJH.jpg

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Hen & Rooster mini canoe (thanks, Will):
5IUle2s.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is my Cracker Jack, a stag lambsfoot (the entire run was sort of a gift to the community from Jack Black ;):cool::thumbsup:):
View attachment 1012253

- GT

Thank you very much GT, the Haywood was a thoughtful gift from our absent friend @Old & In The Way :) I think I sent him the book in a package going the other way? That is a stunning quartet of knives there :) :thumbsup:

I thought I'd have a Double Lambsfoot Day today ;) Carrying my rosewood Big 'Un and my Ashley's Choice :) :thumbsup:

70kT6py.jpg

czKPWHB.jpg

I like that toothpick you've been posting lately, Chip! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I have an unreasonable affection for big (4+") toothpicks, especially with TWO cutting blades (e.g., my clip/pen Imperial toothpick).

Serious knife firepower there, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a Sabre Big Barlow like yours, but yours is in much better shape! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Dean, the 72 carries quite big IMHO. :) It's a grand knife!

Dancing the Two Wharncliffe Waltz! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Looks like both knife and coin are justifiably cherished, Will! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looks like it worked again, Paul; congrats on the Red Sox winning it all! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Great that you could spend time with your boys, John! :cool::thumbsup::) I think I may have written this before, but your Peanut is probably the best example of Case bone stag I've seen! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great looking "worry stone" knife, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Why did you abandon the Dodgers in '47? :confused: Was it related to the player with same number as GEC's Missouri Trapper?

Fine pic of a praiseworthy pair, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dwight. :)

I've never paid much attention to KSF's Northwoods knives, except for the Presidential, which I think is one of the finest knives available anywhere, anytime! Yours is awesome!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your horn lambsfoot is one of the best in the run IMHO, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I think the "TL" stands for "Tilt Left". ;):p

Thanks, Dave & Senhor Pinto. :)

Checkered handles are SO appealing!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That's a quality quintet for the colder climes, Jer! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What's the knife in the middle? I should find a knife or two to keep in my winter coat, now that I'm starting to wear it quite often already; I suppose a Cold Steel Kudu is at least temperature-appropriate. :rolleyes:

High productivity pair, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What is that tile design in so many of your pics??

Thanks for holding my knives in high esteem, Jack. ;) This photo of your Haywood is one of my favorite pics of yours. :cool::thumbsup::cool: It accentuates the lovely grain in the handle, and it displays both the stovepipe kick and the cool tea kettle tang stamp (put the kettle on the stove, Ma :rolleyes:). And then the book in the background looks like something I could enjoy for hours!! :cool::thumbsup::)

Thanks, PJohn. :) Your Tinker has all the tools as my scout knife, plus you've got the extra pen blade. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the insightful quote, Rachel. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment and the testimonial to Bob's influence on so many on The Porch! :):thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the handsome new Pioneer, Pt-Luso Pt-Luso ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

8aAIJhR.jpg

6A2DqJH.jpg

5IUle2s.jpg

View attachment 1012253

- GT

Beautiful lines on that Spanish knife! :thumbsup::)

Thank you Dwight :) :thumbsup:

It's certainly a lovely knife my friend, as are the other penknives you've shown here :) :thumbsup:

Yay! :) Great stuff :) :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much GT, the Haywood was a thoughtful gift from our absent friend @Old & In The Way :) I think I sent him the book in a package going the other way? That is a stunning quartet of knives there :) :thumbsup:

I thought I'd have a Double Lambsfoot Day today ;) Carrying my rosewood Big 'Un and my Ashley's Choice :) :thumbsup:

70kT6py.jpg

czKPWHB.jpg
Indeed! The Henderson’s went really well on the meatloaf I made.:D Stunning stag on that lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

8aAIJhR.jpg

6A2DqJH.jpg

5IUle2s.jpg

cj-pile-boxonside-jpg.1012253

- GT

Congratulations, I love these beautiful knives!!! ;):thumbsup:

That's a quality quintet for the colder climes, Jer! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What's the knife in the middle? I should find a knife or two to keep in my winter coat, now that I'm starting to wear it quite often already; I suppose a Cold Steel Kudu is at least temperature-appropriate. :rolleyes:
Thanks. That's the Kutmaster Schizoid jack, blue side up, in bad light as usual.
I like the Kudu. If I were Josh Gates, I'd carry a bunch of them to hand out to helpful locals. CS made a bigger one, but I haven't seen it lately. Eland?

Back