What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

While doing some late Fall yard clean up and lawn winterizing, I noticed pesky vines (English ivy, Virginia Creeper, and wild grape) snaking up some of our hickories. Having recently lost one of those beautiful trees, I'm not taking this lightly. The vines die today!! This couple of Sabres will be with me in this battle.

dpjFwOu.jpg

- Stuart
An annual task cuz THEY’LL BE BACK!
I’m always amazed at the extensive traveling root systems of Virg Creeper.
Sabres make great gettem dirty working
knives!
Great ol Electrician and cool photo !!
Thank you kindly, Gev!

Love your A.G. Scout!!!! Great combo.

I finally got the micarta 77 clip up and running today. The main blade had a little bit of play, so I had to take it to the work bench for a small adjustment. Boy was that a different experience from my previous work with nickel silver bolsters. It was a lot more work, peening the pivot pin and sanding the bolsters down smooth. Definitely worth it though. No more blade play, and both blades still have great walk and talk. This knife is built to last.

RobEJCfh.jpg
Well done- especially without going one tap too far and messing up the W&T!
Black Friday. Dark and gloomy few days in Northeastern Ohio but the sun is starting to peek through.
Sun breaking through... sunny yellow bone... I get it!

Nice! :D:thumbsup: I'm waiting until later in the weekend to start a patina. I want to take some more pictures while it still has the blade etch (and new knife smell) ;) Then it will be on the way to match my other smooth bone GECs.
eO2CSDb.jpg
Lovely group shot, Rachell.

View attachment 1013502
A friend of mine brews his own beer. This is an ipa that’s smooth but with a bite.
Funny but, Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer handed me one of his legendary Taylor’s EW lambsfoots to paw over, and as I opened it and commented how smooth it was, he said “careful- it’ll bite ya”.

Last edited:
Excellent pic Dean, one of Charlie's finest :thumbsup:

Palo Santo and Ebony today for me :) The Maserin Sodbuster in D2 was a kind gift from @Padruig, I received yesterday, together with some other gifts, a couple of which are shown with my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

F4U7KQC.jpg

kNpEiyn.jpg

Thank you, Jack. I totally agree that the scratted Ancient is one of Charlie's best; it's also quite unusual.

Your Maserin Sodbuster is very attractive, and it is a great gift! And the ebony in your 2018 "Guardians" lambsfoot is super dark. :thumbsup:

An annual task cuz THEY’LL BE BACK!
I’m always amazed at the extensive traveling root systems of Virg Creeper.
Sabres make great gettem dirty working
knives!

Thank you kindly, Gev!

Well done- especially without going one tap too far and messing up the W&T!

Sum breaking through... sunny yellow bone... I get it!

Lovely group shot, Rachell.

Funny, Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer handed me one of his legendary Taylor’s EW lambsfoots to paw over, and as I opened it and commented how smooth it was, he said “careful- it’ll bite ya”.
The thought of a knife biting was in my head as well!

Funny but, Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer handed me one of his legendary Taylor’s EW lambsfoots to paw over, and as I opened it and commented how smooth it was, he said “careful- it’ll bite ya”.
Just happened to carried both of the Old TEW;s my friend . The bottom one in the top picture is the one that may very well Bite You . It snaps like a gator . The other one is very pinchable .

Probably my most carried knives .

Harry

Thank you, Jack. I totally agree that the scratted Ancient is one of Charlie's best; it's also quite unusual.

Your Maserin Sodbuster is very attractive, and it is a great gift! And the ebony in your 2018 "Guardians" lambsfoot is super dark. :thumbsup:

Definitely Dean, I don't think anyone else has attempted to replicate scratted bone like that, we're lucky to have them :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :thumbsup:

Some great knives being shown folks :) Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

fGEXugN.jpg

2Zgd5Rg.jpg

Had to make the donuts this morning. Today and tomorrow and off for a week of hot rod building shop decompression therapy. One great stockman to another for the day. I never know how to photograph this knife. It's great from every angle and side. I'd like to get Mr Jim to build me another very similar with wharncliff and pen blades.
7D26FD89-573C-4F06-A31E-18EC6813937B.jpeg

I'm going to be taking lots of pictures of my new Lick Creek, since that lovely blade etch will soon be lost to patina.
I'm carrying it, along with the wee sambar lambsfoot, and an Old Cutler (a kind gift from @Rupestris ). :cool::thumbsup:
zUOKSoW.jpg

XDbx0qI.jpg

Oh, and in Austin, Texas tradition, a critter wandered into the shot.
zCMVLDg.jpg

Back