What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Forgot to post my carry for today and I have 2 in my pocket first up my Bonsa Jackknife not very well known but very well made Solingen Germany knives.
Next is my TC Ancient.
HoztHck.jpg

jMz3eaT.jpg

Nice Stockman, Jeff! I’ve never seen that brand before. Is it an older knife, current production, or custom? ? Carbon or stainless? The bone is beautiful, both the color and the jigging! -Lance

MR1pu4P.jpg

Thanks, fellas, I do love the jigging on these. It's a Parker-Frost contract knife made by Schrade USA in 1978. They made a whole series of them in different patterns. I have three stockmen in the brown bone shown, as well as green bone and red bone. Carbon steel blades, basically a jigged bone 881 or 8OT.

o2TLIlE.jpg

oSLOQFj.jpg

29 months with the Peanut in my pocket, 22 months with the Maratac in my pocket. I've forgotten to grab a rotation knife a few times in the last couple weeks and never really felt wanting.

20181103-174027-2.jpg

Love seeing pictures of peanuts that are pocket worn the old fashioned way... by being carried everyday all day. It's looking really good

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Thanks for helping me make some sense of it! And pointing out that was quite a pitching game for Morrison!

Beautiful Ram horn!:cool: Glad you were able to connect with one. I hope you enjoy the knife as much as I do!:thumbsup:

cnqlwAO.jpg

Thanks Mark! Been patiently waiting for one of these Lionsteels and MORE THAN WORTH the wait! Amazed by it, now I need to keep a keen eye out for a Dark Ram's Horn, Spear only...

Regards, Will

2013 Eureka Jack for Sunday's carry:thumbsup:

LijHvJ.jpg

BbSt8x.jpg

In my view, one of GEC's greatest. Rare pattern, all steel construction, Barehead, attractive jigging and bone colour, fine handling, excellent F&F. Very lucky to have one myself and would never want to part with it. Mine isn't as shiny as your example but it aint wrecked yet :D

Thanks, Will

In my view, one of GEC's greatest. Rare pattern, all steel construction, Barehead, attractive jigging and bone colour, fine handling, excellent F&F. Very lucky to have one myself and would never want to part with it. Mine isn't as shiny as your example but it aint wrecked yet :D

Thanks, Will
EVERYTHING you listed is so true Will. You are the reason I went in search of this exact model with these covers. I have several other Eureka's in maroon micarta and ebony wood but I was wooed buy how well yours aged:thumbsup: I believe you have the white/Ivory/oiled? bone version also? Another that I am searching for:thumbsup:

Thanks for helping me make some sense of it! And pointing out that was quite a pitching game for Morrison!
cnqlwAO.jpg
Radiant rams horn on that Lionsteel, Mark! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Your baseball story sent me off the deep end! :eek::D:cool: I spent some time at breakfast searching for more data on the game, and then trying to piece together a plausible scenario for what the Pirates' innings looked like when they were batting.
Baseball-Reference.com provides a home run log for each player’s career. From that, we learn that:
1) Russell had a 2-run HR in top of 4th with 0 outs, changing score from 0-0 to 2-0 Pirates.
2) Carey had a 2-run HR in top of 7th with 2 outs, changing score from 3-0 to 5-0.
3) Carey had a 2-run HR in top of 9th with 1 out, changing score from 5-0 to 7-0.
4) FWIW, Russell hit a HR and Carey hit 2 HRs the previous day (7/29/22) against the Giants. (Carey had 10 for the entire season, 4 in those two games!)

From those benchmarks and the box score, you can deduce a bunch more facts, as well as some "options" of how the game transpired. If you're interested, let me know and I can send you the results of my playing "GT, Baseball Detective"! :rolleyes::D

- GT

EVERYTHING you listed is so true Will. You are the reason I went in search of this exact model with these covers. I have several other Eureka's in maroon micarta and ebony wood but I was wooed buy how well yours aged:thumbsup: I believe you have the white/Ivory/oiled? bone version also? Another that I am searching for:thumbsup:

Very kind of you to say Paul, glad I can still inspire people in the search for better things ;)
The pin work on the Greenbones is also another strong point, I do have an Ivory and it's strictly a Queen Bee of the Tube :cool: but as you can see, it has a sink-hole pin that its Greenbone stablemate does not o_O Another quality aspect of this pattern is the wraparound spring-just visible - a true mark of artisan skill and finesse.

Thanks, Will

XSg80DD.jpg

Holy Cow! :eek: That cattle knife is sweet, Jeff; no bull! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider Copperhead:
View attachment 1014493

- GT
Aw, you’re too kind!
Unless my eyes deceive me, you’ve put a nice edge on that pretty copperhead.

Tidiout Executive Whittler View attachment 1014497
Super nice, and a new one to me- does it have a split backspring?
I’ve lately gotten an obsession for whittlers.
Still stuck on that sunken joint beauty, I see.
Don’t blame ya.
Mr Voos and his bud Mr Taylor go to church...View attachment 1014753

Back