What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Good to see you Kevin :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack.
That is a fine pair for Wooden Wednesday

Some great classics.
Thank you, sir.

Alright, since you posted those fine pictures Kevin, but if it happens again:rolleyes:...;):D

For me today, a very pocketable pruner. 2015 smooth Camel bone 47:thumbsup: aging nicely, as it was stark white when it first arrived, some color is starting to set in:thumbsup:
Lq2964.jpg
I will give it a try but can't promise anything. ;):p:D

I was going through some of my collections yesterday and refound a couple of my early purchases.
View attachment 1019891
Dang it, I still need to try out one of those Mercator knives, I just keep forgetting to grab one.
Between your and Gary's 5K Qs 5K Qs posts. I will remember one day. :rolleyes::D

Yesterday's tote'
45146184884_aea9e10619_h.jpg

It's a Stockman. I love the sunk joints, thin blades, and low profile. This is what I judge others of this pattern against. And most come up short...

Majestic mammoth, Dee! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mastodon Monday.
Ditto, Ken!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: What a prestigious Presidential! :cool::cool:

Today I gave the privilege of walking in my pocket to this GEC 15 in the Rust Jigged Bone of 2014...
What a classic jack knife, Senhor Pinto! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

It doesn’t usually sit on a pedestal, but just this once.... ;)
Very cool, Greg! ;):thumbsup::cool: It suggests a whole new category of projects I hadn't considered: mini furniture! :)

Case jack for me today.
Iconic jackknife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying a couple of oldies today, by Alfred Blackwell and Joseph Allen :thumbsup:

AqmuEot.jpg

AQMAkdK.jpg
Good old AB & JA from JB! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

This looks interesting! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Another of your rehab projects, Rachel?

Nice knives and pictures today!
Pairing a Terry Primos Platypus (curly maple and forged 1084) with my Lloyd today.... The outdoor lighting shows the true color of the curly maple.
HkCc2xw.jpg
Mesmerizing handles, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I apologize for my lack of posts lately. Here's what I have been totin' for the last few days.
31904071938_11679c15df_h.jpg

30915621347_5dde79f8cf_h.jpg
Welcome back, FBC. :) That's a heavenly half-dozen! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: If we're required to rank them, I'll put the SBJr and the sowbelly as 1 and 1A! ;):thumbsup:

Thank you Gev! :) The redbone is a 06247 PEN from 1974. Two blades a single spring and that delicious redbone. What’s not to like!!! :D

32605123241_8eacf3acc8_b_d.jpg
Nick & Ron, those are a couple of outstanding Cases! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Some days it just seems everything is topsy-turvy :confused::D
Cool thematic pic, Ken! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

5K Qs 5K Qs The stag talon with damascus was one of the first Lloyd's I acquired. I carry it to show off because it's so nice but the blade shape is not my favorite.
Thanks for the follow-up, Alan. :)

Thanks, Gary! It was an anniversary gift from the Mrs. a couple of years back.
Nice pairing. I like the slender clip points!:thumbsup:
You'd better keep the Mrs.!! :thumbsup:;);) Thanks for the stockman remarks. :)

I am impossibly behind on this thread and my likes after an extended weekend, the thread moves way too fast :). I have these two with me today.

ZtiCJmf.jpg
Bewitching brown pair, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I was going through some of my collections yesterday and refound a couple of my early purchases.
View attachment 1019891
I like those foreign imports, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary! Both your posted knives are top drawer and the 897UH is a favorite of mine :); however, I am very impressed with that RR in stag! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the good word, Dean. :) Splendid Böker Barlow; the jigged bone covers seem less common than sawcut ones! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got some good mileage on that one! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Four line Camillus Jack

TPgWGmwh.jpg
Superb jack, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Canoes and Butterbeans are how I roll.
YfUOIaY.jpg
I like how you roll, @Napalmsloth ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The families first Christmas movie night. The Santa Clause playing. Ryu in my pajama pocket. Carried it at work today also. A couole minor swirls showed up on the bolster lately I notice.
View attachment 1020186
Sounds like an excellent time! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

All wood for me today :) Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

0l4LJId.jpg

yOU82iM.jpg
Good wood, Jack, both Big 'un and Plow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Despite the fact that it's a day shrouded by freezing fog...I wish I could go out for a walk but instead, cooped up at work:rolleyes: Still, it's healthy to dream and I would take this old companion with me, GEC from 08.
Stunning knife, Will! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've enjoyed your recent knife and feather series, sir! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plain canoe this week for me is a Rough Rider in gunstock checkered bone (thanks, Will):
tIlxC93.jpg

Fancy canoe is a Buck stag:
438EKkA.jpg

- GT

A little Snakewood for wooden Wednesday. It’s cold and crisp out today the day before the storm so I figured I’d take out a couple of favorites. On the bottom, custom Ray Cover Sr. Drop Point with ATS34 blade, stainless hardware, with dovetailed Snakewood Scales. (This is one of my favorite slipjoints, factory or custom and one of my top 5 knives all around.)

Top knife is a 100 y/o Graeff & Schmidt smoothbone Jack Knife I rescued from the scrap pile.
xBissYLh.jpg

Great pic Greg :D :thumbsup:

Very cool, Greg! ;):thumbsup::cool: It suggests a whole new category of projects I hadn't considered: mini furniture! :)

Thanks Jack and GT. It was just a fun little diversion to see if I could carve a column with a quarter twist. I figured it might as well be put to occasional service. ;)

Carrying this ebony combo today!
View attachment 1020418
What a great combo it is!

Yowza! That’s a fantastic combo.

Sun Kissed
30939158037_79dfd4539d_b.jpg
Sunny, indeed! I like it. :thumbsup: Is that an older knife, or current production?
A little Snakewood for wooden Wednesday. It’s cold and crisp out today the day before the storm so I figured I’d take out a couple of favorites. On the bottom, custom Ray Cover Sr. Drop Point with ATS34 blade, stainless hardware, with dovetailed Snakewood Scales. (This is one of my favorite slipjoints, factory or custom and one of my top 5 knives all around.)

Top knife is a 100 y/o Graeff & Schmidt smoothbone Jack Knife I rescued from the scrap pile.
xBissYLh.jpg
That smooth bone jack is my second favorite of your rehabbed knives, next to the old Union Knifeworks moose.
This looks interesting! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Another of your rehab projects, Rachel?
Yep! Just an old Camillus Camper with new bocote wood covers.

Today, for Wooden Wednesday, a couple of rosewoods.
PBj1CY8.jpg

These two today, happy Wednesday :).

TWn3Zxn.jpg

Excellent pairing Tom :thumbsup:

Good old AB & JA from JB! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Mesmerizing handles, Gary! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Welcome back, FBC. :) That's a heavenly half-dozen! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: If we're required to rank them, I'll put the SBJr and the sowbelly as 1 and 1A! ;):thumbsup:

Nick & Ron, those are a couple of outstanding Cases! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Cool thematic pic, Ken! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Thanks for the follow-up, Alan. :)

You'd better keep the Mrs.!! :thumbsup:;);) Thanks for the stockman remarks. :)

Bewitching brown pair, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I like those foreign imports, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the good word, Dean. :) Splendid Böker Barlow; the jigged bone covers seem less common than sawcut ones! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got some good mileage on that one! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Superb jack, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I like how you roll, @Napalmsloth ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds like an excellent time! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good wood, Jack, both Big 'un and Plow! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Stunning knife, Will! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've enjoyed your recent knife and feather series, sir! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plain canoe this week for me is a Rough Rider in gunstock checkered bone (thanks, Will):
tIlxC93.jpg

Fancy canoe is a Buck stag:
438EKkA.jpg

- GT

Thank you very much my friend, that gunstock checkered Canoe was my very first Rough Rider :) Superb stag Buck :thumbsup:

Totin' these two today! :thumbsup:

42075829004_3d32b3d2b5_b.jpg

Nice black n tan pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack and GT. It was just a fun little diversion to see if I could carve a column with a quarter twist. I figured it might as well be put to occasional service. ;)

You've got great talent Greg :) :thumbsup:

Back