What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks Gev. Good to see you around, hope all is well?

I must say, that yellow delrin of yours has quite the character my friend.
Good to see you, Jeff ! I'm fine and with the news about your friends...it's so sad what so many are going through !!! Stay safe my friend ! Prayers sent !

Mail call tonight and my carry for tomorrow and have a hunch it will stay in my pocket threw the weekend also :D
H7Mf9E4.jpg

:thumbsup: Amazing handle! The best place to dream is the working place! :)

Love it Will. Real real kniiiice!!

@5K Qs Thanks GT, hard to beat old Case’s. I dig the kinda Sabre-ish ground blades on your Buck canoe.

Just this yeller birdseye. No need for more.

Thanks Gents!:thumbsup: JP you are right on both counts, the Stag on the mark side is deeply ribbed and work should be a place where one thinks higher ideals;) The pile side is different but fits well in the palm and is of similar thickness. I remember the day I got it, was opening the tube while having a coffee in a cafe, nearly dropped it I was so astonished :D Early on it was more burned looking but now it's a nice or knice ;) buttery colour. Probably many people would've said "It's too good to use!" and it was one of my best looking knives at the time but for me there was no question, it had to be used. OK it's 'worth' a lot less in money than being left pristine, but I've had a lot of pleasure out of carrying and using it. I'm also an unashamed fan of locking knives and this spring/linerlock is very sturdy.

Regards, Will

I'm back home and recovering from an invigorating (though venison-free) deer hunting trip, so I grabbed this off the top of the wood pile for today's totin' - a Miller Bros. cigar from 1872-1926.

1UzkffZ.jpg

45vL8gs.jpg

I'm still wading through the posts since my Sunday departure (whew!) and there have been some very fine knives and comments posted. Thanks for sharing.
- Stuart

Quality Cigar Stuart :) :thumbsup:

Nice! I like the way you think. I’ve got a rosewood lambsfoot with me today, too. :)

tvIJhOxh.jpg

That's a nice pic Greg :) :thumbsup:

I walked over a rope bridge on my hike today.

Didja cut the rope?

Most people are happy with a simple photograph or a postcard :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Likewise for you today, how do you like the santos wood on the plow?

Great Tom, my friends in the market were admiring it this morning, as I am carrying the Plow again today :) :thumbsup:

I carry it in my pocket again, my only (so far), Lambsfoot knife...

2ywambq.jpg

We don't see the bone Wright's Lambsfoot knives too often here :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. I had a terrific time! And yes, it is indeed the perfect time of year to be wandering about in the woods. Great to see that Big 'Un and the Plow, I hope you have been well. I'll tune into the Guardians thread soon and catch up.

I'd pay money to have the views you get to enjoy every day. Always a pleasure to see. The snow might get old though... :D

A fine looking Buck Canoe, GT. Is that Stag, of a sort?

I know the pain of going home empty handed from a hunt but the woods time usually does a great job at salving my disappointment. Glad to have you back here though and with a beautiful knife!

You've captured that grain beautifully, Greg!

I hold an office job and my office happens to be in my home so I usually have abundant access to my collection throughout the day. That being said, I have found that there are some days where just one knife will suffice and so I decided to have this little guy inhabit my pocket today. Despite being on the small side, it is handsome, robust, and very well made. A delight, really.

IN4vBiR.jpg

That's great to hear Dylan, we really don't have enough woodland here in the north of England, well not the sort of woods you could easily get lost in anyway. Thank you my friend, hope to see you in the Guardians thread soon. That's another great pic on your porch :) :thumbsup:

Early afternoon here, and I have been carrying these two today :) It was cold and frosty at 7.00am when I went out, but that's turned into a nice sunny day. Hope it stays like this for the weekend :) :thumbsup:

6qKS7AP.jpg

2Zgd5Rg.jpg

The pie was eaten a week ago unfortunately :(

Kevin, they now make them in Brass and Copper as well, also with either a Walnut or Oak finish.
I have been tempted to grab one of the brass Merc's but I contemplated about the brass being too soft to hold up. They sure are nice looking though.

Welcome back, FBC. :) That's a heavenly half-dozen! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: If we're required to rank them, I'll put the SBJr and the sowbelly as 1 and 1A! ;):thumbsup:
Picking a favorite knife is like picking a favorite child, you have one, you just don't tell anyone. ;):D

It's allllmost Friday!!!!
45886349451_daf66bba65_h.jpg

Back