What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carrying "12:25" today. :)

IMG-20140117-085458-zps4ro5txfm.jpg

Magnificent Rose of the Winds...;):thumbsup:

Impressive and unusual pair of Lloyds, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

All cutting options pretty well covered there Gary, nice selection. Hope your enjoying retirement, or did I jump the gun there?

Edited, because I think the SAK blade etch answered my question:thumbsup::)
Thanks, Paul. :) Yeah, that SAK is my "retirement knife"; I'm surprised you could read the blade etch in that crummy flash pic. (I'm teaching one class each semester this year, even though I'm officially retired.)

'Nuff said, GT. True EDCs ( a few of are regularly in my pockets). Ooops, too much said.
- Stuart
:D Thanks for saying something, Stuart, however much was said. ;)

Starting the week with double ebony :) Have a good week folks :thumbsup:
Jack, your ebony pair is tres debonair! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start! I got my lovely wife off to work, had a big hot bowl of oatmeal and two cups of strong black coffee. Oh, I almost forgot, I got these two fine companions in my pockets! :)

31462407978_090e066f51_b_d.jpg
Wonderful knives on this page! Havagoodn y'all.View attachment 1035300 View attachment 1035301
Ron and Dwight, you gents have some fantastic pairings there! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Camillus WW2 US Army Engineers Knife today.
It can't be Monday already, can it? :confused:

Had this 'n with me yesterday.
Couple of classic knives, Buzz and FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the secondary blades on this one.
I put the new Dixie in pocket this morning.
Dschal & Jeff, the Dixie stock knives look destined to become classics!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Woke to heavy fog this morning. The fog is mostly gone, but it left a heavy coat of frost on everything. View attachment 1035368View attachment 1035369 View attachment 1035370Quite beautiful the way the early sun highlights it.
Literally very cool pics, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

These two for me today:
Owzcdbb.jpg
Cool couple, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I guess gunstocks and coffins have some historical connections. :rolleyes:

To be continued...

- GT

An old Ulster, less shield.
View attachment 1035416
Carrying this old Utica #29 today
Very gratifying to see those vintage knives on display, guys! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

i recently picked up a couple of the RR tobacco bone acorn shield knives (barlow, canoe) to have around, and they are nice, incredible for the money. now i'm going to keep a watch out for this model too.
I'll also profess my enjoyment of the RR tobacco bone knives. I think I have canoe, cannitler, sowbelly stockman, and halfhawk from that series. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

This little knife is in my pocket today...
That's a very attractive Klaas Kissing Cranes pen knife, Senhor Pinto! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I find it does a nice job when the edges need a touch-up. It does work better on my softer and thinner Case blades than it does on my harder and thicker GEC blades.
5K Qs 5K Qs & @JohnDF

I use an Edge Pro Apex (small knife attachment too!).

I'm able to keep my kitchen knives at 12 and/or 15 degrees per side with ease.

As far as GEC's, those are a breeze at 18 to 22 degrees per side.

Then a Flexx leather strop(s) and Bark River compound(s) keep everything spiffy! :D

Not only has it saved $$$ in the long run, but also eliminated my knives being ruined.

- Del
Thanks for the Lansky info, John, and for the Edge Pro Apex recommendation, Del. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Smashing knife!! All the right stuff. Thank you and yes...three from the WuDang Province ;)
Thanks, Gev. :)

Thank you, Gary, in answer to your question above: I like to carry a pretty knife to church on Sunday, and more frequently than not my white bone Copperlock ends up in my pocket.

Speaking of pretty, your RR 4-blade stockman is a beauty! :thumbsup:
Dean, thanks for the Sunday carry info and for the RR compliment. :)

As of ... 15 minutes(?) ago, my 301 Forum knife, and a Smoke Jumper on the belt.
Forum knife displaced the Colt Canoe I started the day with.
I can see why a clip/sheep elk handled knife might have more going for it that a spear/pen canoe; congrats on the Forum knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For the past two days while at the hospital I carried these two knives! My baby girl was born yesterday! All healthy mama doing good too! Great early Christmas present to my family.
View attachment 1035564
These two blades will hold a special place in my collection.
Major congrats on the new little girl, Taylor!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today's carry...

Always such fine photos, Dean, and this one contains references to 3 famous American companies! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Lol thanks Gary, love your comments! I used it to cut the usual foods that I do with my other carbon steel knives like apples, pears, avocados, celery, ham, cheese and such. The only thing out of the norm was some spam that I cut up the other day. The spam could have been the culprit I guess...
If there's spam around, it's almost always a culprit, Nick!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been on a bit of a "spree" lately, so I've been putting new knives in my pocket daily, and sometimes twice daily. This user Cuban arrived today: just a quick oiling and in the pocket it went. I'll put the final touches on the edges tonight while watching the football game.

2007 Tidioute #53 Cuban in Pond Bone
Your new Cuban looks superb, Jeff; congrats! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The only ifference besides the blade etch is the shapleigh DE logo on the " bolster " , but these are pretty plain jane and ordinary knives so having the different stamping in the bolster just sets it apart which is cool.
Thanks for your perspective. :) The bolster stamp IS quite distinctive. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

...A small barlow in my pocket today.
That spear/pen Böker Barlow is a winner! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, I have had some real bummers in my last few knife acquisitions so I am carrying some favorites to assuage some of the disappointment. Happy Monday, everyone!
Your lambsfoot and Northfield Barlow make a nice strawberries&cream pair, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the knife disappointments; do you want to share any details?

I had not ever heard that before, so a search found this interesting six year old thread by @knarfeng...

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...mment-on-measuring-traditional-knives.978019/

I try to learn something new every day, so thanks!
Interesting thread, Jeff; thanks for the link! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Carrying this old Queen Heavy Duty Jack.
That's a notable vintage knife you have there! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I don't think of elk antler having "popcorn", but you seem to have it big-time on your Forum knife! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dwight, you've posted numerous pics with the same background as this one, and I think they're splendid shots. Did you have a box full of knives that you shot all on the same morning, or do you often have that same mist in the tree line?

Plain Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider sawcut brown bone model (that's actually quite fancy):
xhfpuWq.jpg

Fancy Canoe of the Week is a Schrade-Wostenholm I*XL stag canoe (thanks for the GAW, @cchu518 ):
ctkERzn.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Holub Electrician (thanks, Dave):
ykuFzYe.jpg

- GT

Back