What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Western #657 today

5ygWe3Bh.jpg

Of all your great photos I believe I like this BB the best.
Thank you, that Coffin Jack has a lot of sexy lines to photograph.

Those handles! :eek::thumbsup:

Cool, you're the first confirmed customer for a BF Knife calendar!! :D
Your pics of that BB Coffin Jack are gonna be the death of me, FBC!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Put me down for one too GT! :DE :thumbsup:

You can't die before you get the calendar done, you have two customers now! ;):p:D

Jack, I wonder where we send our dollar to? ;)
Great Sunday knives, btw.

Part of a Black Friday knife buying spree for me involved a couple of Rough Rider's relatively new carbon steel knives, a canoe and a sowbelly stockman. I started using them in the kitchen the past few days to build up a "protective patina". ;) My first impressions of the knives are very positive, but I haven't taken many pics yet. The knives are going to be Christmas presents from my family :rolleyes:, and they're pictured here with part of a Christmas gift my 2 younger brothers and I received over 50 years ago:
canoe-sow-hocars-box-jpg.1042385

- GT
Very cool carbon RR's! Are the blades coated? All the carbon RR's that I have seen had coated blades and that kind of defeats the purpose for me.
I really dig the cars and box art too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think that I've recently seen a flotilla of those canoes, Travis. All very handsome.

A couple of elk staggers today.

They staggered me, Jeff Very fine. And thanks for that last photo, I'm still smiling.

How can you possibly throw back that pair, Stuart?!? :eek:;) IMHO, both are keepers, and I'd probably have the bailed EO jack mounted for display!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Top shelf, Stuart; that Woodsman has almost everything going for it! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Equal-end, blades on each end, sublime blade combo, delectable bone ... One spring or two?

The knives I carry every day, in addition to those prescribed by my weekly rotation schedule:

Part of a Black Friday knife buying spree for me involved a couple of Rough Rider's relatively new carbon steel knives, a canoe and a sowbelly stockman

Thanks for taking us along for the ride during your regal review, Stuart! :cool::cool::thumbsup: IMHO, that stockman is fitting pièce de résistance! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the Cannon comment and music link, Stuart. :) I like the horn section, but I hope my 3-knife set of Cannons didn't have bugs crawling on you! :eek:;)

Thanks for your kind comments, GT. The Woodsman has 2 springs and is a handful. Also, the covers are jigged Delrin. Though well done, I think the previously posted Woodsman had more bone-like ones. I like the slanted bolsters on your new RRs and the Cannons did make me go a little crazy when I spied them. I'm OK now.

Totin this 1995 Bulldog two blade, stag Jack.

As others have noted, Paul - that's a very nice knife. Thanks for the review.

I'm carrying my latest acquisition, also a Remington :thumbsup:

Western #657 today

You are stocking up on some mighty fine stockman examples, Steve. I mean really fine. Simply sublime, especially for a working knife pattern.

Mine for today...

That's a cool older Case, Dennis. For a knife more than 55 years old, she's a beaut!!

The knife I'm totin' today.

Wow, Dean!!

I don't blame you for sticking with that one, Gev. Nice composition of the pic.

These today from a couple of Really Old Friends .

Those are handsome old knives, Harry, but the friendships are even more special, I know.

I added this Joe Allen slimline to accompany the Camillus today.

Boy, Nick, you know how to pack a punch with that pairing. Like Steve's posts, that slimline is simply sublime. You guys are keeping the bar pretty high.

Oh my Stuart! Look at the stag on it.

The knife is a "climber" from Les Couteliers de Fontainebleau and the handles are heated and stabilized oak.

Thanks, Dwight, but your climber is breath-taking. The covers are mesmerizing and the portrayal in fantastic!

Cool etch on that gorgeous Gunstock Stuart :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today, my Yorkshire Rose Lambsfoot (named by dc50 dc50 - thanks Dave), and a GEC 85 Barrett @btb01 carried all the way from Minnesota to Sheffield to give me :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. You are packing a potent pair yourself. That Barrett is a class act and I'm glad that y'all could get together again.

Wow!!

This one ticks a lot of boxes for me:

For me, too. I like everything about it. That pattern and toothpicks are my favorite carry patterns

View attachment 1042490

Wishing everyone a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

I like seeing that knife again, Leslie, especially in that great photo. Are you prepping a bed of coals under a spit?

- Stuart

Had my Ryu stockman for the teddy bear tea at the Roosevelt in New Orleans last night. But my Christmas 81 chopped veggies for the Christmas gumbo for my family party tonight. It'll get duty, as it has for the last 3 years, making gumbo, potato salad and helping me get the kids new toys all unstrapped from their jails.

25F2824A-6DE2-4283-907B-EF1A2FA808D7.jpeg

Carrying this one today for Sowbelly Sunday ( that's a thing right :p):
i2qRi0m.jpg
If it's not a thing yet, it should be. Lovely knife.

For me, too. I like everything about it. That pattern and toothpicks are my favorite carry patterns
Thanks Stuart, it is very slim in the pocket with a nice long thin blade.

Very very nice knives everyone!! I added this Joe Allen slimline to accompany the Camillus today.

Superb jigging on both of those beauties, Nick! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great pre-Christmas weekend :) I'm carrying these two today, my Yorkshire Rose Lambsfoot (named by dc50 dc50 - thanks Dave), and a GEC 85 Barrett @btb01 carried all the way from Minnesota to Sheffield to give me :) :thumbsup:

EIFKBzQ.jpg

rqn0gcF.jpg

Wow, Jack! Those are gorgeous knives! :):thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) The jigging reminds me a little of your outstanding Schrade Barlow you posted recently.

Striking pic, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Has anyone done a comparison of this Buck with the CSC Forum knife with a similar blade configuration?

Part of a Black Friday knife buying spree for me involved a couple of Rough Rider's relatively new carbon steel knives, a canoe and a sowbelly stockman. I started using them in the kitchen the past few days to build up a "protective patina". ;) My first impressions of the knives are very positive, but I haven't taken many pics yet. The knives are going to be Christmas presents from my family :rolleyes:, and they're pictured here with part of a Christmas gift my 2 younger brothers and I received over 50 years ago:
View attachment 1042385
- GT

Thanks, Gary! I also think the jigging is very similar.

As far as a comparison of the two Forum knives, I've compared them and they are basically the same pattern (double ended jack, clip and sheepfoot). Covers, spring set up, bolsters, etc are different though. I'd be hard pressed to pick between the two.

Your new yellow RRs are neat, I look forward to more pics. :thumbsup:

Wow, Dean!!

- Stuart

Thanks, Stuart!

Back