1. Despite 2020 presenting more than its share of challenges, I'm thankful for all of you, and the community you guys have created. Hope that your homes are full of happiness, your fridge well stocked with leftovers, and your homes warm & loving.

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks a bunch Mitch! :)

mitch4ging likes this.
  2. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I'd love to hear more about that adventure.:thumbsup:
    I bet that Remington was nice to have in your pocket. That's a great scout!

They keep getting better and better, Ed!:thumbsup: The pocket wear mellows them out so nice..

Buzzbait likes this.
  3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    EBF6DB50-E058-4885-8354-DC50B4060A56.jpeg

GE Jr, TFBraden, peanutsxx and 28 others like this.
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Yeah, I don't know what a traditional name for that blade shape would be, but "modified tanto" doesn't sound very traditional to me (and they call the spearpoint blade a "drop point"). Congrats on the impressive pair you're toting, Jack! Didn't realize you'd had a 2018 BF Buck on the way! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Those are some fine Buck canoes, guys! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe we should start a Buck Canoe Cult! :D
    walmart.canoe.mark.main.jpg

Churchill was quite the traveller, right? ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope you have a wonderfull trip, Ken! :)

Your elk rehandle of that Camillus reminds me of this photo of a Spanish stag knife with some dog chews, Jeff. ;):cool:
    [​IMG]

The shield on your Bulldog is really interesting, too, Paul! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Probably getting pretty late in the season for beach trips, Ron! :)

Hope you have fine, favorable fending, Buzz! ;)

Couple of beauties, Steve!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: May I borrow your time machine sometime?? ;)

Thanks, Dean. :)

Hilarious, Dave! :D:D

Wow, that's something I certainly don't see every day! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that new, Dean?

Intriguing covers on your new RRs, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool: How big is that stockman?

Your Battle-Axe gunstock has some VERY handsome stag, Stuart! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Have a great holiday visit, Joshua! :cool::cool::) Your stag pair seems to have handled the trip well! ;)

Notable pair, Nick!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lots of features represented in that trio, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for taking note of my EDC quartet, Jack. :) Congrats on a propitious pair of single bladers! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Not exactly sure what that is, Jeff, but IMHO it's kinda creepy! :eek::rolleyes:

Intriguing knife, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Was it "born" that way, or is it the result of one or more mods?

You know your Star Trek, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

TFBraden, RDaneel, JJ Cahill and 11 others like this.
  5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Maybe they're related to pinochle, which has a 48-card deck (2 copies of each card 9 thru Ace in each suit); that would fit nicely on 8 dice. (But I have no idea how you'd deal out a hand with dice.)

:D:thumbsup::D

They've showed up here now and then, Dennis. ;) (maybe search for "Gandalf" or "Bella" in posts I've made)

See, that show what I know about Stetsons, Vince! :rolleyes: I thought maybe the AC would help you achieve a fashionable rakish tilt. :D

Don't send any calendar cash until I get a few more details hammered out, OK, guys? ;)
    These carbon RRs do NOT have coated blades, other than coated at the factory with some kind of oil. Standard mirror finish that is developing a patina with use just like a Case or an old Imperial. Thanks for the car compliments. :)

I agree with Dennis; great photo and message, Leslie! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'll fully support the idea of "Sowbelly Sunday"! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Your Cripple Creek looks outstanding! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I always enjoy your comments, Stuart; thanks! :):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for your info and compliments, Dean. :)

Thanks, and same to you, Shawn! :) I wish I could have managed to keep some other childhood gifts like Daisy air rifles, Ted Williams baseball gloves from Sears, etc. :(

Better be careful, John! Sounds like you're really enjoying the experience of trying out a new knife. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: You don't want to fall back into a habit of always looking forward to your next purchase. :)

- GT

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  6. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks Jack! Simple and classy lambsfoot you have, I like it a lot.

Thanks Stuart! That Allen slimline is one of my favorite knives, so much so I don’t use it much. I need to get over that and give it more love. Your abalone lockback is exquisite!

Thank you for the nice words! The midnight stag covers on your Case is real cool, nice swedge on that wharncliffe too. And the TC you’re toting today is probably my fav TC release.

Thanks GT! Liking your yeller knives!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    RDaneel, Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  7. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Looks like Santa came early to casa Oro, Del. Nice stash.

Thanks, GT, and I was pleased to see your quotidian quartet posted earlier. I like consistent consistency.

Thanks for the compliment, Nick. Your slimline has me pawing through piles looking for a slim carry. Stay tuned.

- Stuart

kai76, dc50, DelOro and 1 other person like this.
  8. DelOro

DelOro

Jan 17, 2016
    @Duckdog

Casa Del Oro es el lugar para estar!

Papá Noel está loco y los cigarros son geniales, el licor de cuatro rosas es excepcional.

Feliz Navidad y Feliz Año Nuevo,

- Del

Cortador de Cigarro Grande !!!

[​IMG]

9. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Maybe one of those questions the consideration of which leads not to edification.

dc50, Prester John and Fodderwing like this.
  10. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    No chance of that, GT. I would have passed on this year's forum knife if it had not ticked off all the boxes. I knew exactly what I'd be getting and knew it was something I would want to carry and use, and at a great price. I doubt something like that is going to roll around again for me any time soon.

dc50 likes this.
  11. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    @DelOro Eres un suertudo. Feliz Navidad, y'all.
    - Stuart

DelOro likes this.
  12. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Northwoods Hawthorne Jack in red micarta

[​IMG]

GE Jr, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 21 others like this.
  13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I do not know for sure. It doesn't have a pattern number, so it may be a mod. If so, you can't tell.

Almost as well as you apparently :cool:

Fodderwing and dc50 like this.
  14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Outstanding photos Dwight :thumbsup:

Stunning scene Buzz, and a great-looking knife :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words my friend :) I'm not sure I'll carry the Forum Knife much, but I wanted to order one to say thanks to @skblades, and I am very grateful for @r8shell's assistance in getting hold of a nice one :thumbsup:

Can't you take me Dollar before Sterling drops anymore GT?! :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Christmas Eve! Wow, doesn't seem like 2 minutes since the last one! :eek: I hope that everyone has a lovely time. I've got friends and family visiting, but not until later (it's not 8.00am here yet). Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GE Jr, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 26 others like this.
  15. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas & New Year to all here!

The Hare was snapped in the December twilight in the garden in town and is my Christmas card this year.

The other two are the carry for Christmas Eve.

Regards, Will

GE Jr, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 33 others like this.
  16. Filoso

Filoso

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]
    ¡Feliz Navidad y próspero Año Nuevo a todos!
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year for you all!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Topgear9, GE Jr, TFBraden and 29 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Sorry GT, I accidentally snipped this out of my quote above! :rolleyes: Thanks for the info, I went and found your old post about them in the RR thread. They're not available here yet, but I'm sure they will be. A welcome addition :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Prester John like this.
  18. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    This one will do just fine for Christmas Eve. Dear Porch dwellers, I wish you all happy holidays. Merry Christas!

[​IMG]

Topgear9, GE Jr, TFBraden and 27 others like this.
  19. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    @5K Qs
    Thanks GT, its part of a series called Backwoods Bushcrafter, its 3.5" closed. The model number is RR1846. 0606181039a~2.jpg Looks like I'm in the Buck Canoe Cult to;)

20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Beautiful pics of beautiful knives!
    Happy Christmas to all!