What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Like your Old knives and I agree on the Senator instead of Sleeveboard . I see no taper to it . Your Toothpicks are both very nice looking . I think that it is a pattern that I am going to have to give some attention to .
Merry Christmas my friend .

Thanks, Harry. I think that you'd like the way they ride in the pocket, particularly a single blade. I like my saber ground blades for strength (though they don't really get tested too hard) and aesthetics; the flat grinds are wicked slicers. I have versions from Belknap, Case, Imperial, KeenKutter, Kutmaster, Parker, Queen, Remington (Camillus), Shapleigh, Winchester (Queen), and fishing versions from Hoffritz and L.L. Bean. I like 'em all, though I prefer the single blade ones.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend.
- Stuart

Some mighty nice knives have already been posted and I'm just getting my head straight! Luckily, I have light duty today, as most getting ready has been done. Just lighting and maintaining wood fires in two fireplaces and tuning on gas logs in two others (thank goodness that it is cold here). Miss Norma likes the ambiance. Accordingly, I'm totin' light today: a Schatt & Morgan equal end pen (1902-1928 and a Queen #21 equal end pen (which Queen sometimes cataloged as a sleeveboard, but it looks like a senator to me, 1945-1955).

mrFvDS3.jpg

mrFvDS3.jpg

7U1VJGg.jpg

z7slT27.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll have ribbon cutting and box opening, cigar clipping, and champagne foil cutting, so I'm stepping up to some toothpicks: a Queen City Texas toothpick (1925-1932) and a Queen City Tiny toothpick (1922-1945), just for cigar clippin'.

Hhk4zkG.jpg

PzVkLp8.jpg

KxMxcRs.jpg

KxMxcRs.jpg

Merry, merry, folks.
- Stuart
AMAZING Stuart, man, the jigging on the Schatt and BIG Queen is OUTSTANDING:eek::cool::thumbsup:

Exceptionally exceptional :eek::eek:!

Thank you Gev, that old Uster is lovely:thumbsup:

That is AWESOME!

Thank you, The BIG Sheepfoot/Hawkbill is mighty stout:):thumbsup:

This E Weck today. Bone covers differ from mark and pile sides.

Wow:eek: Beautiful and how nice it must be to carry:cool:
Wow, very nice. Going to need more pics of that one.

Thank you, I really like it, it's the same size as the 38, I posted adsitional pic's in the Latest Traditional thread:thumbsup::)

WOW !!!:eek::eek::D That is a nice one my friend !!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Merry Christmas to you and Nanc .

Harry
Thank you Harry and Merry Christmas to you and Nanc and the houseful of family and friends you have at your house:)

Paul, congrats on the F. Buster F. Rooster whittler!! That's an awesome Christmas knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Pocket Pal:
HM4uI1R.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider medium stockman in red jigged bone:
VD8sYY8.jpg

International Knife of the Week is my Opignel, a gift from my daughter a couple of years ago:
erS7tez.jpg

Christmas Joy to the World!
- GT

Oh, sorry, I thought I had this in my multi quote:oops: Thank you Gary, a fun knife and I'm likin the Main blade alot:eek: great carries but the pig is pretty darn neat:D:cool::thumbsup:

Good old Bones. I liked that one where they visited a colony where everyone was happy and healthy due to the invasive space foliage. "We don't need doctors here, we'll have to find you a job."
"You want to see how fast I can put you in the hospital?"

Merry Christmas folks, really enjoying seeing everyone's pics :) I've got a lot of heavy-lifting to do today, but hoping I can sneak on here from time to time ;) Have a lovely day my friends :) Carrying these two today...

l8d8OJ7.jpg

Together with...

RPsU89v.jpg

Decorated Christmas cookies for Santa today, my oldest (3yrs old) chose the shapes.... dinosaurs and Texas, go figure! Moore Maker was along for the occasion.
To all the fine folks here on The Porch my family wishes you a
Merry Christmas!
View attachment 1043045
Merry Christmas Josh. Your three year old has excellent taste and looking at those cookies I expect I’ll see them on a baking show soon. Ho Ho Ho

My two favorite Christmas gifts...
The Case is amazing... the backspring is flush at closed, at half stop, and at open (all 3 positions).
Plus, the back of the blade and the spring line up perfectly when the blade is open, making one smooth line :cool:

Merry Christmas, y’all!

I’ve had this one in my pocket this morning. It’s a handy knife for opening gifts/packages, with its pair of small pen blades and sheepsfoot. We also finished our puzzle this morning, which is something of a Christmas tradition in our family.

SXNlHTZ.jpg

For the last several days, I’ve been carrying this Tidioute #25, which I call my “BigBiscuit Special,” as Bob added the EO notch before I got this knife from him.

wEvwsuX.jpg

The other items in that photo are the contents of a gift package that Jack Black Jack Black put together for my daughter, Eleanor. He gave me one for my niece, as well. Thank you again, Jack… the gifts were a hit! Ellie insisted on using the pencil and notebook to do some “coloring” before she continued to open gifts. :D

I already shared this photo with Jack, but Ellie has also commandeered this hat that Jack gave me. It’s actually been quite handy, as we forgot to bring a warm hat for her to wear while we’re in England. Here she is getting ready to head out for Christmas Eve dinner yesterday.

mHuX9CJ.jpg

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Back