1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, Harry. I think that you'd like the way they ride in the pocket, particularly a single blade. I like my saber ground blades for strength (though they don't really get tested too hard) and aesthetics; the flat grinds are wicked slicers. I have versions from Belknap, Case, Imperial, KeenKutter, Kutmaster, Parker, Queen, Remington (Camillus), Shapleigh, Winchester (Queen), and fishing versions from Hoffritz and L.L. Bean. I like 'em all, though I prefer the single blade ones.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend.
    - Stuart

Prester John and Old Engineer like this.
  2. kenspen

kenspen Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2010
    “And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.” - Blessings one and all!
    [​IMG]

GE Jr, TFBraden, JJ Cahill and 33 others like this.
  3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    AMAZING Stuart, man, the jigging on the Schatt and BIG Queen is OUTSTANDING:eek::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Gev, that old Uster is lovely:thumbsup:

Thank you, The BIG Sheepfoot/Hawkbill is mighty stout:):thumbsup:

Wow:eek: Beautiful and how nice it must be to carry:cool:
    Thank you, I really like it, it's the same size as the 38, I posted adsitional pic's in the Latest Traditional thread:thumbsup::)

Thank you Harry and Merry Christmas to you and Nanc and the houseful of family and friends you have at your house:)

4. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Oh, sorry, I thought I had this in my multi quote:oops: Thank you Gary, a fun knife and I'm likin the Main blade alot:eek: great carries but the pig is pretty darn neat:D:cool::thumbsup:

5. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you very much Paul. In about 15 hours , there will be 28 people here . My Kids , Their Kids , and Their Kids plus us .

Harry

6. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    My favorite Star Trek quote is: "Angels and ministers of grace, defend us!", spoken by Bones. Spock gives the act & scene.

dc50 and JohnDF like this.
  7. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Good old Bones. I liked that one where they visited a colony where everyone was happy and healthy due to the invasive space foliage. "We don't need doctors here, we'll have to find you a job."
    "You want to see how fast I can put you in the hospital?"

dc50, JohnDF and Prester John like this.
  8. Jathes

Jathes Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2016
    This Henckels congress cut a lot of tape this evening.

[​IMG]

GE Jr, TFBraden, JJ Cahill and 26 others like this.
  9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's great!!! Now my kids want Texas cookies.

DelOro, peanutsxx, jwb01 and 2 others like this.
  10. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Well, you gotta admit, Texas has the best shape of any state!
    ;)
    Only Italy comes close!

DelOro, Fodderwing, jwb01 and 2 others like this.
  11. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Christmas eve carry

[​IMG]

TFBraden, JJ Cahill, DelOro and 18 others like this.
  12. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, Paul. Guard that Sheepfoot Grande.
    - Stuart

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Merry Christmas folks, really enjoying seeing everyone's pics :) I've got a lot of heavy-lifting to do today, but hoping I can sneak on here from time to time ;) Have a lovely day my friends :) Carrying these two today...

[​IMG]

Together with...

[​IMG]

GE Jr, TFBraden, Wurrwulf and 24 others like this.
  14. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Merry Christmas Josh. Your three year old has excellent taste and looking at those cookies I expect I’ll see them on a baking show soon. Ho Ho Ho

Prester John and jwb01 like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    True, and my Boys want to move there so they can enjoy knives and shooting sports without being viewed as terrorists. Lol

DelOro, SVTFreak, peanutsxx and 4 others like this.
  16. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah all! 87CE6B88-4B03-4052-9267-F1D9DA2AA128.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    GE Jr, Dschal, TFBraden and 23 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    My two favorite Christmas gifts...
    The Case is amazing... the backspring is flush at closed, at half stop, and at open (all 3 positions).
    Plus, the back of the blade and the spring line up perfectly when the blade is open, making one smooth line :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ice Tigre, GE Jr, Dschal and 22 others like this.
  18. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Merry Christmas everyone !

[​IMG]

GE Jr, Dschal, TFBraden and 22 others like this.
  19. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Merry Christmas, y’all!

I’ve had this one in my pocket this morning. It’s a handy knife for opening gifts/packages, with its pair of small pen blades and sheepsfoot. We also finished our puzzle this morning, which is something of a Christmas tradition in our family.

[​IMG]

For the last several days, I’ve been carrying this Tidioute #25, which I call my “BigBiscuit Special,” as Bob added the EO notch before I got this knife from him.

[​IMG]

The other items in that photo are the contents of a gift package that @Jack Black put together for my daughter, Eleanor. He gave me one for my niece, as well. Thank you again, Jack… the gifts were a hit! Ellie insisted on using the pencil and notebook to do some “coloring” before she continued to open gifts. :D

I already shared this photo with Jack, but Ellie has also commandeered this hat that Jack gave me. It’s actually been quite handy, as we forgot to bring a warm hat for her to wear while we’re in England. Here she is getting ready to head out for Christmas Eve dinner yesterday.

[​IMG]

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jolipapa, GE Jr, Dschal and 25 others like this.
  20. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Leather, stag, and steel. Leather to carry, the stag was a special present to myself, and the Buck in case someone deserves a surprise present. IMG_7120-861x679.JPG IMG_7130-861x609.JPG IMG_7131-861x629.JPG
    @Duckdog Stuart, if stainless is painless, what does that make carbon? Not enough stainless in the collection.

Ice Tigre, GE Jr, Dschal and 20 others like this.