What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Such a great knife !! and photograph :)
Thank you, Gevo.
That Raquel is quite the looker. :thumbsup:

cjc5EVR.jpg
mn9f7Fw.gif

View attachment 1045598 The poor lighting doesn’t do it justice, but this Stratocaster body is being sprayed in my rendition of the old DuPont automotive color, seafoam green.
Think of a ‘57 Bel Air in this color with a white hardtop - that’s the look I’m going for.
But for now, time to get out the door, barlow in pocket, for the final church meeting of 2018.
I too would like to see that Strat' when your done.

I've had this Winchester Black Box half-whittler (2935) for a couple of months but I only oiled it and put it away. I decided to carry it to church today and it is pretty nice. The secondary is, however, too stout for me to really manage. The main is I would guess a 4 or so on "most people's" scale (which is okay by me).
full
Niiiice, berry berry niiiice.

The sun seems to be just right as I pass this fence post on my weekend dog walks.
31593279937_0f2dd0bdbe_h.jpg

Last edited:
Just make sure you're carrying one (of whatever suits you) - short, neat article about us and our kind. OH

http://appalachianmagazine.com/2018...NPFSFss1ZjJSlf6zCWFyekwNBUQje5U_uD_IJlkxDZp0c

Case-6318-CV-Nine-dot-1981.jpg

Great article Old Hunter Old Hunter , the local hangout place back home was a service station. There was as much BS spread on the floor as oil over the years. A good friend bought it and still runs the shop. My Dad and other Old Timers continue to lay it on thick. Sometimes I even hear about some of my own exploits from my buddy, but I don’t let him know Dad may have exaggerated....just a little;)

To me, that's an enviable pair, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great knife, Dwight! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I have a whittler from that same series that I hold in high esteem!
vaFZUGg.jpg

That's definitely a notable pair, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on your new Curel, Senhor Pinto! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The acrylic is very desirable!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Couple of very fine folders, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The Black Box coffin jack always catches my attention, but I don't remember seeing the white gunstock before - it's splendid! :)

Charming stag Churchill, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Stuart and 315 315 , those are a couple of stellar stock knives you've posted!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Classy 77 Barlow, Leslie! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the well-wishes, and same to you!! :)

Sunday is becoming the day I tend to post a photo of my permanent carries:
View attachment 1045944
- GT

Thanks GT, love your Regulars :) :thumbsup:

We moved 80 miles further east into our retirement home about 2-1/2 months ago. We are still moving items from storage and unloading boxes here and there. I have misplaced several knives over the last couple of months (big panic in late October when I couldn't find any of my deer hunting Buck Knives) but by today I had found all but one. Early this morning I looked in a box marked "Scout Knives" and finally found my HSB Junior Cattle Knife - one of my favorite EDC's. Carried it today in honor of its return to "found" status. OH
HSB-9729-Jr-Cattle-Knife-1.jpg

I once was lost, but now am found ;) Good luck in your new home :thumbsup:

View attachment 1045987
Carrying my Lucky Lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son, Sheffield, to bring in the New Year.

May it bring you a lifetime of good luck Vince :) :thumbsup:

Its only fitting on the last day of the year, I carry the 2018 Guardian Lambsfoot.
View attachment 1046058

Nice choice my friend :) :thumbsup:

I had a rough night, and still don't feel good :( Going for a hike probably wasn't the greatest idea :rolleyes: Hoping I pick up a bit later :thumbsup: I decided to pocket these two today, my well-used 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot, and the sample I received for the 2019 knife :) Hoping everyone has a great New Year's Eve :) :thumbsup:

utcSAOd.jpg

n30i2jP.jpg

Back