What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I’ll carry this Trapper again today. The knife is blurry but the scenery was spectacular this morning.
5525-AD83-A1-E4-4744-972-A-F344-D0-A0-CDCA.jpg

The Remington remains.

w0yPqgSh.jpg
"The Remington remains" what?? Ravishing? Radiant? Reliable? Revered? Robust? I'll choose All of the Above! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That ram's horn pruner is (how the kids say) BEAST MODE! :D
Totin' this Workhorse today...
Thanks, FBC, my Pruner is not for the faint of heart. :) Speaking of Beast Mode, that's a fantastic 79, but I think it's too much knife for me! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

v9KhqLw.jpg

I'm sticking with these two today :) Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:
Thanks for the pile side shot of the ironwood lambsfoot, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Looks like the ironwood and your BF 2018 knife are on a roll for you! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Raquel today ;)

45389198911_52e8ce8958_b.jpg
Raquel looks well, what a belle, please never sell! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Amazing photos, Mark! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a pretty cool knife, GT, and the provenance makes it even more special.
... - Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. :)

Today, I'm totin' a knife that has been in my pocket or at hand since Christmas. It is special to me because it was a gift from my next-door neighbor (and fishing/hunting buddy of 25+ years) who, as of recently, gives me a Case knife each Christmas.
mJrv2Ho.jpg

- Stuart
Congrats on the knife and the thoughtful neighbor, Stuart; both first-rate! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Nice sun-and-snow shot of a handsome knife, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Today I carrying my 2015 Tidioute 73 OO Scout. :) A knife which I have a great fondness for, but one that I have neglected it in my rotation lately! :) In accompaniment is my seldom neglected 2018 Ebony Guardian Lambsfoot! :D

29614756718_64fe6da2cd_b_d.jpg
Ron, your Osage Orange knives are so memorable! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

One of mine too and I'm fortunate to have my own one and won it here in a GAW :cool:...
Regards, Will

2n9C6Ov.jpg
Three beauties, Will and Alan! Now I get to add mine in here, as well.
GjbKu5L.jpg

Alan, Will, and Mark, your drop point stag 25s are exquisite knives!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

I had this old Henckel's pen in my pocket today... because, why not? ;)

View attachment 1045836
Wow, Kevin, you could say that EVERY day!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;) That's a stunner! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today with one of my oldest knives, Wenger alox soldier of 1964...
rh01tt.jpg
Noteworthy old Soldier, Senhor José!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

...Early this morning I looked in a box marked "Scout Knives" and finally found my HSB Junior Cattle Knife - one of my favorite EDC's. Carried it today in honor of its return to "found" status. OH
HSB-9729-Jr-Cattle-Knife-1.jpg
Congrats on searching it out, OH! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I like a man of routines!
Thanks, Vince. :) Routines help me reduce memory requirements in my life; as I get older, the more I can put on autopilot, the better off I am! :rolleyes:

Thank you Gary. Yep they are family for sure! Handsome whittler and they did a remarkable job on em. :)
Thanks, Dwight. :)

It sure does Gary and so does your Case bone soddie, always like seeing that one!
Thanks, Nick. :) I just told someone recently that, although I'm not by nature a 1-blade knife guy, some of the bone SBJrs are an almost perfect union of form and function. :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1045987
Carrying my Lucky Lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son, Sheffield, to bring in the New Year.
Good choice, Vince. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I like that dark part that runs right up to and under the bolster! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Got the kids out for a bit today since the sun decided to make an appearance. It was so nice since the last four days we've had nothing but rain.
45620100345_e40eb945f4_h.jpg
What a fine knife and photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

The sun seems to be just right as I pass this fence post on my weekend dog walks.
31593279937_0f2dd0bdbe_h.jpg
I enjoy seeing everyone's new and high-class knives here, but an old Kutmaster like yours grabs me more firmly! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Its only fitting on the last day of the year, I carry the 2018 Guardian Lambsfoot.
View attachment 1046058
You're barking with the big dogs to close out 2018, Dave! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dwight, that knife looks totally dedicated to cutting! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, love your Regulars :) :thumbsup:...
I had a rough night, and still don't feel good :( Going for a hike probably wasn't the greatest idea :rolleyes: Hoping I pick up a bit later :thumbsup: I decided to pocket these two today, my well-used 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot, and the sample I received for the 2019 knife :) Hoping everyone has a great New Year's Eve :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)
I hope you feel better soon. Excellent, apropos choice of knives for "ringing out the old and ringing in the new"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Two different forum members sent these beautiful knives to me as gifts in honor of the memory of my oldest son in this past year. The 881Y Stockman and 43 Oregon Trapper, along with my dog, who is now three years old, and belonged to my son, serve as reminders of him. The knives represent kindness and unearned generousity, and the dog Manny represents loyalty and unquestioning love. All traits of my son.
View attachment 1046133 So cherish those good memories, learn from the bad, and start making new ones.
Happy New Year, Porch friends!
View attachment 1046149
Thanks for the thoughtful, touching post, Jeff. :cool::cool::thumbsup: I hope each year (and each new day, for that matter) is better than the last one. :):thumbsup:

Happy New Year Everyone !

May 2019 bring you all health and happiness ! :thumbsup:

LLjtXAMh.jpg

Same to you, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) That knife sure looks happy and healthy! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks GT, it is a Northwoods second, I could never find anything really "wrong" with it. Great pic of your permanent stable, love the math knife :).

I've got these two with me today.

3637Hbf.jpg

They helped me open a bunch of boxes of parts to build this:
Thanks for the Northwoods info and the math knife comment, Tom. :) Sweet pair of knives, especially if they helped you with that Atari "time machine"!! :eek::thumbsup::p:thumbsup::cool:

I'm ending the year totin' these two.

Attractive year-end pairing, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Monday is the day I rotate my knives for the week, so the ones I loaded up today will see the end of 2018 as well as most of the first week of 2019.
A Vic Cadet II is my Alox knife this week (thanks, Ken);
cKDPPfr.jpg

A Vic Camper is my non-Alox SAK of the Week:
4NrTokx.jpg

Rough Rider Electrician is my bailed non-SAK:
sd7UhWH.jpg

- GT

BTW Kevin, your Mom's Kropsu recipe was great! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We made one in a baking pan & one in my Grandma's old cast iron skillet! :D

xo4tXRN.jpg

Really good with honey & a pinch of kosher salt! ;)

- Del
Awesome Del! It's real easy to make so now you can enjoy it anytime :D:thumbsup:

Back