1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’ll carry this Trapper again today. The knife is blurry but the scenery was spectacular this morning.[​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, kenspen and 27 others like this.
  2. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Thanks Buzz !

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    8DB4F525-005A-41E2-B404-B9E0E6CA43C4.jpeg

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
  5. Northwestcut

Northwestcut Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2018
    Thank you Amir!

6. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, GE Jr and 26 others like this.
  7. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    IMG_2295.JPG

TFBraden, RDaneel, GE Jr and 31 others like this.
  8. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    20181231_131520.jpg

TFBraden, RDaneel, kenspen and 26 others like this.
  9. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Happy New Year everyone! Still Micarta Monday.
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, kenspen and 28 others like this.
  10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Fantastic knife that one, just right!:cool:

My last post of the year as it's 23.56 here in Funland...the dark is not fun though :D

Regards, Will

11. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    7CB8E82E-7F6C-443F-9D10-FF6F93F474EE.jpeg

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

12. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Onnilista uotta vuotta Will ;) Not sure on spelling there but I think its close :)

13. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Kiittos samoin! (although I'm actually Swedish speaking as many are in the west of the country:D)

14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    "The Remington remains" what?? Ravishing? Radiant? Reliable? Revered? Robust? I'll choose All of the Above! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, FBC, my Pruner is not for the faint of heart. :) Speaking of Beast Mode, that's a fantastic 79, but I think it's too much knife for me! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

Thanks for the pile side shot of the ironwood lambsfoot, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Looks like the ironwood and your BF 2018 knife are on a roll for you! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Raquel looks well, what a belle, please never sell! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Amazing photos, Mark! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Stuart. :)

Congrats on the knife and the thoughtful neighbor, Stuart; both first-rate! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Nice sun-and-snow shot of a handsome knife, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Ron, your Osage Orange knives are so memorable! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Alan, Will, and Mark, your drop point stag 25s are exquisite knives!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Wow, Kevin, you could say that EVERY day!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;) That's a stunner! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Noteworthy old Soldier, Senhor José!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on searching it out, OH! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Vince. :) Routines help me reduce memory requirements in my life; as I get older, the more I can put on autopilot, the better off I am! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dwight. :)

Thanks, Nick. :) I just told someone recently that, although I'm not by nature a 1-blade knife guy, some of the bone SBJrs are an almost perfect union of form and function. :cool::thumbsup:

Good choice, Vince. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I like that dark part that runs right up to and under the bolster! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

What a fine knife and photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I enjoy seeing everyone's new and high-class knives here, but an old Kutmaster like yours grabs me more firmly! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You're barking with the big dogs to close out 2018, Dave! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Dwight, that knife looks totally dedicated to cutting! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)
    I hope you feel better soon. Excellent, apropos choice of knives for "ringing out the old and ringing in the new"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the thoughtful, touching post, Jeff. :cool::cool::thumbsup: I hope each year (and each new day, for that matter) is better than the last one. :):thumbsup:

Same to you, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) That knife sure looks happy and healthy! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks for the Northwoods info and the math knife comment, Tom. :) Sweet pair of knives, especially if they helped you with that Atari "time machine"!! :eek::thumbsup::p:thumbsup::cool:

Attractive year-end pairing, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Monday is the day I rotate my knives for the week, so the ones I loaded up today will see the end of 2018 as well as most of the first week of 2019.
    A Vic Cadet II is my Alox knife this week (thanks, Ken);
    [​IMG]

A Vic Camper is my non-Alox SAK of the Week:
    [​IMG]

Rough Rider Electrician is my bailed non-SAK:
    [​IMG]

- GT

TFBraden, RDaneel, GE Jr and 27 others like this.
  15. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    BTW Kevin, your Mom's Kropsu recipe was great! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We made one in a baking pan & one in my Grandma's old cast iron skillet! :D

[​IMG]
    Really good with honey & a pinch of kosher salt! ;)

- Del

mitch4ging, veitsi_poika and sitflyer like this.
  16. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    Happy new year Will!

Will Power likes this.
  17. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
  18. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Happy new year, Will! I hope it is filled with fun and good fortune.:thumbsup:

Will Power likes this.
  19. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Awesome Del! It's real easy to make so now you can enjoy it anytime :D:thumbsup:

DelOro likes this.
  20. Northwestcut

Northwestcut Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2018
    The old Ford, a peanut, and a rotten Banana, time to end this year!!
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, GE Jr and 22 others like this.