What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A Wright & Son ... big'unView attachment 1054042

You just don't seem able to take a bad pic Dwight :D :) :thumbsup:

One of my 2018 Forum Bucks and a Rosewood Bigun from A Wright. Hope y’all have a great Monday! :D

32865062288_ed971820c5_b_d.jpg

Excellent pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Will be taking George and Squire Elijah out for a ride today .

Harry

Smashing pair of Barlows Harry :thumbsup:

Good stuff Dylan. :thumbsup::p thanks for the comments, also thanks for your excellent photos, which by the way I file away for my desktop pic of the day.

Thank you, Dave, I am glad you enjoy the pictures. I am grateful that I still have the time to contribute them now and then.

Timeless beauty !!!!

Thank you, Gev!

Dylan, I think you'll enjoy a Joker - no joke. :thumbsup:;) Vibrant colors in your yellow/red combo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Add a green and you get credit for the highly-prized "traffic signal trio". :D:rolleyes:)

Much appreciated, GT. I am still adding colors to my palette of knife colors. Blue will be added soon, which will leave green, orange, purple, and some others that will need to find a place somewhere in the collection. :D

We have 7" of snow and it's still falling, supposedly through tonight. I will be inside mostly, so I'm feeding the fire and fiddlin' with these old fuddy duddies for fun.

CySwdI1.jpg

eAF7fdt.jpg

rerHZH8.jpg

nsqn2g0.jpg

1wCIQej.jpg

ZFx0YQ6.jpg

- Stuart

I love those old Schrades, Stuart! I had the opportunity to handle one of those when I saw Charlie and Barry at the Oregon Knife Show last year. I believe it was that knife that served as the basis for GEC's Washington Jack.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I am giving GEC's stainless a try today.

GsXV4ba.jpg

I definitely like the looks of that stockman! :cool::thumbsup::cool: What are your impressions of the knife?
- GT

@5K Qs
Many Thanks.
All 3 blades came shaving sharp, the spring/pull is surprisingly stronger than I expected, fit and finish is fairly good, although its not as smooth as Case knives or Joker, frankly I dont mind a bit rugged feeling handle. The main blade isnt exactly centered, Im gonna have to do something abt it:rolleyes:
Overall its a satisfactory buy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Todays Carry:
Case Sodbuster Jr+Col Coon StockmanBE9AD3D3-24E9-415E-99D8-975A340FC3EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't mention it, Tom; "Inspiration" is my middle name. :p Sounds like you've got a good excuse for carrying that colorful pair! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: And it looks like both you and the meteorologists reliably predicted what would happen; I hope the snow isn't too disruptive of life as we know it.
- GT

Thanks GT, other than a 3 hour drive home from work Friday :eek:, it was ok. I was able to sharpen a few neglected knives this weekend.

Carrying these two today.

xsCxRC5.jpg

Last edited:
Back