What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Northwoods Madison Barlow in denim for micarta Monday

[​IMG]

2. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Carrying my 2013 TC today and then this Case XX 11031SH with Walnut covers arrived in today's mail:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Haegar, peanutsxx, Pàdruig and 45 others like this.
  3. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Paul, I sure like that case, it must be like hen's teeth to find. :thumbsup::D

Aryan29 and Misplaced Hillbilly like this.
  4. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Hi Dave, I JUST sent you a pm:thumbsup: the 11031SH is somewhat readily available on the auction sight but not to in the XX era:thumbsup: They are however very NICE knives:cool:

Laurelbb and dc50 like this.
  5. GuestWho101

GuestWho101 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, GE Jr, kenspen and 29 others like this.
  6. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you my friend !

7. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    That Case is a stunner. I love the 11031SH. I have one from the same era.
    AD17B922-51DE-45DB-A337-0F0384FB4A8C.jpeg 0F0FC42D-D47C-4B92-9768-C8ECDEBD0A89.jpeg 9F428B40-433A-4487-BD80-A28D597F8225.jpeg

I also have one from 1977. The later versions did not have the nice swedge. I think they stopped including the swedge in 1970.
    E0DF0F2B-4220-4CC0-9EE3-022B55183A00.jpeg

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, GE Jr and 35 others like this.
  8. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    After dark post.
    [​IMG]

kenspen, TFBraden, JB in LV and 28 others like this.
  9. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    @paulhilborn I love your new Case! @Travman Nice ones too!! I lost mine from 1976 to customs at the airport not too long ago, such a bummer. Sure do miss that knife. I’d love to get an earlier one with the nice swedge.

It’s been the 78 for me the last 10 days then in came the 66 today just in time to brighten up this gloomy rainy day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Haegar, peanutsxx, Pàdruig and 39 others like this.
  10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Travman likes this.
  11. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Really like that big Coke Bottle my friend .
    Good to hear how your Dad is doing too .

Harry

Travman likes this.
  12. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Wow what a pair! :eek:

paulhilborn likes this.
  13. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    How cool Travman, I owned that gem at one time:thumbsup: that one is so unique with those DARK covers:thumbsup: I regretted letting that one go, so I've been looking for an adequate replacement:)

I think they had the nice cut back swedge till 74 if memory serves? they have the circle CASE shield as well:thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks Dwight:)

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, GE Jr and 25 others like this.
  14. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    As much as I admire your White Wright Knight, the fisherman in me favors the Kent Fish Knife, Jack.

There are few fixed blades in there, Ron. That one is by Ed Love; incredibly light weight for its size. The 2OTs were upstairs when we were downstairs. I'll rectify that next time.

Buzzbait is correct, you've found a rainbow with a fabulous old knife mother lode at its end. Great blades and peachseed on that Schrade and the luscious bone on the barlow - sweet.

Thanks, and back at ya.

That's a handy looking hunter, Jeff. The blade looks more like a skinner (e.g., Sodbuster, Plow, Bull Nose) than drop point, but it could be the angle and it looks useful. I've not used ram handles when wet, but i like their looks.

Thanks, GT. Yes, the cutler is laying on his stomach on board attached to the grinding wheel. Out of your tremendous trio, I'm partial to the peanut.

Thanks, guys. That pair of 2OTs is pretty special, as they are the reason that I came to Blade Forums. And they are quite handsome, if I do brag. Yes, Dwight, they are like those very iconic boats (I love them!!) and, yes, Dylan, I understand they may have modeled for the Washington Jack.

Those are really beautiful knives, José.

Thanks, GT, just some old customs that I found in one of my piles. I enjoy honoring their makers. Yes, the snow persisted. I went out this moring at 11:00 a.m. and coame back in at 3:45 p.m. after a snowshovel-thon. Helped neighbors and then got our vehicles out, but our hill was still too icy to risk venturing out (regardless of 4x4).

[​IMG]

I like that knife and that blade - so useful and compact.

Very handsome gunstock, Travis.

Beautiful Cases, guys. Love that walnut, Paul.

Just peachy, Nick. You and Steve are setting this thread on fire with some of those old beauties, too.

That Martini was a helpful restorative after a first day of the snow fall. I was "forked" after tending home fires, but nothing like the workout of today. Manhattans were the libation of choice tonight.

[​IMG]

- Stuart

GE Jr, Falling_rain, kenspen and 28 others like this.
  15. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    REALLY like how that has aged Taylor:cool::thumbsup:

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    That sounds like a plan Stuart! :thumbsup: That’s a lot of snow my friend! Be careful and don’t over do it with that snow shovel! ;)

Duckdog likes this.
  17. WoodManGM

WoodManGM

May 24, 2017
    Beautiful knife!

BTW, what is that shield called? Looks similar to a Corset but slightly different.

18. Hkjay

Hkjay

Nov 13, 2015
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, GE Jr, kenspen and 21 others like this.
  19. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks Paul. I think so too. It deserves more time in my pockets!

dc50 likes this.
  20. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you, Stuart, the Bolus drop point is very sodbusterish, and being a hunter, the skinner blade is just why I got it. Can't wait to try it next fall. The M390 blade is VERY sharp and should do a bang up job on any sized game: a perfect mate to my larger fixed blades.

Duckdog likes this.