What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Carrying my 2013 TC today and then this Case XX 11031SH with Walnut covers arrived in today's mail:thumbsup:
27Nvu3.jpg

tcKuQL.jpg

paulhilborn paulhilborn I love your new Case! Travman Travman Nice ones too!! I lost mine from 1976 to customs at the airport not too long ago, such a bummer. Sure do miss that knife. I’d love to get an earlier one with the nice swedge.

It’s been the 78 for me the last 10 days then in came the 66 today just in time to brighten up this gloomy rainy day.

Last edited:
That Case is a stunner. I love the 11031SH. I have one from the same era.
View attachment 1054371 View attachment 1054372 View attachment 1054373

I also have one from 1977. The later versions did not have the nice swedge. I think they stopped including the swedge in 1970.
View attachment 1054374

How cool Travman, I owned that gem at one time:thumbsup: that one is so unique with those DARK covers:thumbsup: I regretted letting that one go, so I've been looking for an adequate replacement:)

I think they had the nice cut back swedge till 74 if memory serves? they have the circle CASE shield as well:thumbsup:

bEws4K.jpg

TJkNuW.jpg

Wow what a pair! :eek:

Thanks Dwight:)

:cool: :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and that y'all have a relaxing Sunday :) I'm carrying these two, an A.Wright & Son Lambsfoot (Big 'Un) in antique ivory, and a vintage Kent Fish Knife @r8shell recently gifted me :thumbsup:

As much as I admire your White Wright Knight, the fisherman in me favors the Kent Fish Knife, Jack.

That’s a very interesting sticker you have there my friend! I’m just curious how many fixed blades your goodie box contains! :D

Stuart, that is three outstanding knives my friend! I hope to be able to examine them up close sometime! :)

There are few fixed blades in there, Ron. That one is by Ed Love; incredibly light weight for its size. The 2OTs were upstairs when we were downstairs. I'll rectify that next time.

This one came in yesterday so I'm totin' it today ;)

#11 Barlow today

Buzzbait is correct, you've found a rainbow with a fabulous old knife mother lode at its end. Great blades and peachseed on that Schrade and the luscious bone on the barlow - sweet.

Yowza !!! Just lovely !

Thanks, and back at ya.

Mark, the ram's horn looks good to me, so I'll carry my Bolus drop point to church with me this morning.

That's a handy looking hunter, Jeff. The blade looks more like a skinner (e.g., Sodbuster, Plow, Bull Nose) than drop point, but it could be the angle and it looks useful. I've not used ram handles when wet, but i like their looks.

Thanks, Stuart. :)
Your Edge Mark pearl stockman is breathtaking!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is the blade etch a depiction of a cutler at work?

Peanut of the Week is a Case Tru-Sharp peanut in brown jigged delrin (thanks, Cory):

Thanks, GT. Yes, the cutler is laying on his stomach on board attached to the grinding wheel. Out of your tremendous trio, I'm partial to the peanut.

Goodness what a trio...cat calls and whistles !!!

Wow, I have no words for those absolute beauties. I've no idea how you ever found those but you did great!

D Duckdog - Stuart those OT scales remind me of an antique mahogany Chris Craft.

@SteveC and D Duckdog You guys are killing with me those beauties!! Outstanding knives Steve and Stuart. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love those old Schrades, Stuart! I had the opportunity to handle one of those when I saw Charlie and Barry at the Oregon Knife Show last year. I believe it was that knife that served as the basis for GEC's Washington Jack.

fantastic old schrades! :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. That pair of 2OTs is pretty special, as they are the reason that I came to Blade Forums. And they are quite handsome, if I do brag. Yes, Dwight, they are like those very iconic boats (I love them!!) and, yes, Dylan, I understand they may have modeled for the Washington Jack.

Today again with the GEC # 83 in 440C and still the Portuguese with scrimshaw...

Those are really beautiful knives, José.

You've been posting some lovely little lockbacks lately, Stuart!! :cool::thumbsup:;) (I saw in a later post that you've moved from "the first" to the "many" on the snowflake count; stay safe out there. :thumbsup:)

Thanks, GT, just some old customs that I found in one of my piles. I enjoy honoring their makers. Yes, the snow persisted. I went out this moring at 11:00 a.m. and coame back in at 3:45 p.m. after a snowshovel-thon. Helped neighbors and then got our vehicles out, but our hill was still too icy to risk venturing out (regardless of 4x4).

EMNJAvk.jpg

Lazy lounge day with an AGR...with a funky spay blade.

I like that knife and that blade - so useful and compact.

GEC 22 Magnum

Very handsome gunstock, Travis.

Carrying my 2013 TC today and then this Case XX 11031SH with Walnut covers arrived in today's mail:thumbsup:

That Case is a stunner. I love the 11031SH. I have one from the same era.

Beautiful Cases, guys. Love that walnut, Paul.

It’s been the 78 for me the last 10 days then in came the 66 today just in time to brighten up this gloomy rainy day.

Just peachy, Nick. You and Steve are setting this thread on fire with some of those old beauties, too.

You had Uri Geller round again Stuart? ;) :D :thumbsup:

I don’t think your dinner fork appreciates being turned into an olive fork, at least judging by his gesture.

D Duckdog

Stuart, don't see olive forks in use much anymore...the drink looks tasty :thumbsup:

That Martini was a helpful restorative after a first day of the snow fall. I was "forked" after tending home fires, but nothing like the workout of today. Manhattans were the libation of choice tonight.

CpGY3tb.jpg

- Stuart

There are few fixed blades in there, Ron. That one is by Ed Love; incredibly light weight for its size. The 2OTs were upstairs when we were downstairs. I'll rectify that next time.
That sounds like a plan Stuart! :thumbsup: That’s a lot of snow my friend! Be careful and don’t over do it with that snow shovel! ;)

Thank you, Stuart, the Bolus drop point is very sodbusterish, and being a hunter, the skinner blade is just why I got it. Can't wait to try it next fall. The M390 blade is VERY sharp and should do a bang up job on any sized game: a perfect mate to my larger fixed blades.

Back