What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

These two for me today.

4r9XvKE.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and that y'all have a relaxing Sunday :) I'm carrying these two, an A.Wright & Son Lambsfoot (Big 'Un) in antique ivory, and a vintage Kent Fish Knife @r8shell recently gifted me :thumbsup:...
Couple of impressive knives, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Seeing them in combination makes me a little sad you've already named your ivory lambsfoot, because the fish knife triggered a Moby Dick association for me! :D:thumbsup:

It's like a gravy train with biscuit wheels! :p:p:p
Cool Dixie stockman, Del; glad to see you still riding that train! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Knife of the day is my GEC #15 green micarta :)
View attachment 1053386
Marvelous micarta, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: You've been posting your knives with some cool little pins/insignias lately. :)

Barring some unforeseen catastrophe, I probably won’t get out of the house today. I feel confident that I’m prepared for any cutting that needs to be done! ;)
The Pere David stag lambsfoot and checkered bone 78 are a couple of very distinctive knives, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

This one came in yesterday so I'm totin' it today ;)

DAkIxGE.jpg

Congrats on your new peaches on ice, Steve!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Venerable duo, Gev! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

... I'll just post a picture of the one I currently have out to keep me company while I drink my morning coffee.... GEC #15 Scout
If you keep posting it, John, I'll keep noting how drawn I am to that brown jigged bone sheepsfoot EO Scout! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Propitious pair, Joshua! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is that #74 a new one for you?

I just switched from my trusty old Android to an iPhone, and am going through the initial stages of working with a new camera. I hope this pic isn’t too awfully shoddy.
Your hopes are realized, in spades, Buzz; that pic isn't shoddy at all! ;):cool::cool:

That lambsfoot is quite the prize, GT... See what I did there? :D
I like the look of your Cracker Jack Lambsfoot (imagine getting that as your prize in the box!).
Thanks, John & Dean. :)
Indeed, I saw what you did, John, ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: and I especially appreciate it since every "prize" actually included in the 3-pack of Cracker Jack was just a paper directing one to a website to play some computer game. :thumbsdown::(

Yes and No. They told us you had a terabyte of free space...now the switch ;)...you only can have a thousand photos free and the oldest will all be deleted unless you go Pro. It's still good, but those of us that took them up on their original offer should be grandfathered in with no more uploads. Anyways, you asked, lets not get into a discussion here, just expect a lot of threads to go the way of Photobucket come Feb 5th. And so it goes
That's disappointing and infuriating news, Gev. :thumbsdown::mad: My default size for knife photos from my point&shoot camera is about 1 megabyte, so a terabyte of space should be about a million photos, not a thousand!! :eek:

Thanks, Gary. You sure have a lot of notable knives.
You and @Aryan29 have posted a number of Joker knives, which are very intriguing. Nice pic of a Joker in your post today.
Thanks, Vince. :) I'm certainly happy with all of the Jokers I have, whether the handle is bull horn (asta), stag (ciervo), or olive wood (madera de olive).

We have 7" of snow and it's still falling, supposedly through tonight. I will be inside mostly, so I'm feeding the fire and fiddlin' with these old fuddy duddies for fun.
rerHZH8.jpg

- Stuart
What a sensational and memorable trio, Stuart; I certainly remember seeing that pair of 2OTs before!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT. All three of your knives are very nice today. Cool Cracker Jack pic with the blade reflection. Very sweet case legume and a nice horn Joker.

@Duckdog - Stuart those OT scales remind me of an antique mahogany Chris Craft.
Thanks for the positive feedback, Dwight. :)
I wouldn't have made the connection, but your comment about Stuart's OT covers is VERY apt! :thumbsup::thumbsup: We see many old wooden Chris Crafts where we vacation in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (in fact, there's an annual Antique Wooden Boat Show while we're there), and the color/texture resemblance is uncanny! :cool::cool::)

I will be sure to practice :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:
Practice makes perfect, eh?
You're a natural.
:D:D:D

Three examples of splendid knives Mr. Gary...;):thumbsup:
Today again with the GEC # 83 in 440C and still the Portuguese with scrimshaw...

6f5lw5.jpg
1zyan3c.jpg
Thanks for you compliment, Senhor Pinto.:) Outstanding pair of knives you've posted! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the kind words Gary! Thanks for taking the time to catch up and make those comments! They are always appreciated my friend!
Thanks for the encouragement, Ron! :)

An 8OT up in the mountains today...
5-E9-C6070-1075-4461-A4-DE-49895-BC28-D84.jpg
Lovely vista, @315! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thought I'd try something different this week.
Only an Opinel #8 "Carbone" and on the keyring, the required SAK Signature for the pen and scissors.

I do feel a bit under-dressed with just one knife in my pocket and none on my belt ...
How do you guys that habitially only carry one knife at a time stand it?!?
(That is not a rehtorical question. I really would like to know. I haven't carried just one since I was 7 or 8.)
Keep us posted on the change in lifestyle! :thumbsup::cool:;)

My Sunday carry, first at church and then on a very snowy hike.
New Case Barlow and old friend #38 probably kept you warm on a chilly hike, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Many Thanks.

Yes, its Case’ half whittler in antique bone.

Im myself a big fan of your knives sir, you have such a variety of great knives.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, @Aryan29. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs ,
Thanks for your kind and witty comments!
Re: the dentist... done.

For now:eek::D

Three winners for you today!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind and informative remarks, Jeff. :)

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs

Thanks, Gary! Yes, the 74 is a new one (actually the last purchase of 2018, but it didn't get to me until last week due to having it sharpened). I'm glad to have it, for sure.

How cool Travman, I owned that gem at one time:thumbsup: that one is so unique with those DARK covers:thumbsup: I regretted letting that one go, so I've been looking for an adequate replacement:)

I think they had the nice cut back swedge till 74 if memory serves? they have the circle CASE shield as well:thumbsup:

bEws4K.jpg

TJkNuW.jpg
Wow! What a small world. Let me know if you ever want to let go of any other gems in the future;). Seriously though, thank you for sharing that one with next person. There was some speculation that this one had been recovered with cocobolo because of the way the wood looks. It doesn't matter to me, but it was interesting speculation by some of the folks on this forum that thought they had seen it over the years.

Here it is last summer with a Beer Scout. I would love to see GEC make a knife similar to the 11031 SH. Then they would have a platform to make a Jumbo Beer Scout :D.
ceYT9pz.jpg

Last edited:
Back