What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Today's carry a Case Chestnut Teardrop CV
    photo 1.JPG

2. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    These two for me today.

[​IMG]

3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I agree, and thank you.

Amir Fleschwund and Prester John like this.
  4. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    The Camillus is always with me.

[​IMG]

And this new Ulster is along for the ride and a few pictures taken.

[​IMG]

Haegar, peanutsxx, Aryan29 and 33 others like this.
  5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Couple of impressive knives, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Seeing them in combination makes me a little sad you've already named your ivory lambsfoot, because the fish knife triggered a Moby Dick association for me! :D:thumbsup:

Cool Dixie stockman, Del; glad to see you still riding that train! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Marvelous micarta, Dave! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: You've been posting your knives with some cool little pins/insignias lately. :)

The Pere David stag lambsfoot and checkered bone 78 are a couple of very distinctive knives, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on your new peaches on ice, Steve!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Venerable duo, Gev! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

If you keep posting it, John, I'll keep noting how drawn I am to that brown jigged bone sheepsfoot EO Scout! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Propitious pair, Joshua! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Is that #74 a new one for you?

Your hopes are realized, in spades, Buzz; that pic isn't shoddy at all! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, John & Dean. :)
    Indeed, I saw what you did, John, ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: and I especially appreciate it since every "prize" actually included in the 3-pack of Cracker Jack was just a paper directing one to a website to play some computer game. :thumbsdown::(

That's disappointing and infuriating news, Gev. :thumbsdown::mad: My default size for knife photos from my point&shoot camera is about 1 megabyte, so a terabyte of space should be about a million photos, not a thousand!! :eek:

Thanks, Vince. :) I'm certainly happy with all of the Jokers I have, whether the handle is bull horn (asta), stag (ciervo), or olive wood (madera de olive).

What a sensational and memorable trio, Stuart; I certainly remember seeing that pair of 2OTs before!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the positive feedback, Dwight. :)
    I wouldn't have made the connection, but your comment about Stuart's OT covers is VERY apt! :thumbsup::thumbsup: We see many old wooden Chris Crafts where we vacation in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (in fact, there's an annual Antique Wooden Boat Show while we're there), and the color/texture resemblance is uncanny! :cool::cool::)

:D:D:D

Thanks for you compliment, Senhor Pinto.:) Outstanding pair of knives you've posted! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the encouragement, Ron! :)

Lovely vista, @315! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Keep us posted on the change in lifestyle! :thumbsup::cool:;)

New Case Barlow and old friend #38 probably kept you warm on a chilly hike, Dean! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, @Aryan29. :)

Thanks for the kind and informative remarks, Jeff. :)

- GT

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Get used to it, I pull this knife out a lot :cool:

Prester John likes this.
  7. DelOro

DelOro

Jan 17, 2016
    @5K Qs

Thanks Gary :) It's a spectacular knife!

Today is consecutive carry day 13 :cool: I see 30 becoming easier and easier. :D

With the first quarter GEC schedule being kind to my wallet, I'm going to get an #82 Tidioute back-up. ;)

Regards,

- Del

[​IMG]

8. Jerry D.

Jerry D.

Sep 17, 2008
  9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you! :)

Thanks Gary! :)

10. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Today and for a while I'll be carrying @315's frontier.

IMG_2326.jpg

11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    20190115_110618-768x1000~2.jpg

12. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    @5K Qs

Thanks, Gary! Yes, the 74 is a new one (actually the last purchase of 2018, but it didn't get to me until last week due to having it sharpened). I'm glad to have it, for sure.

13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
  14. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Wow! What a small world. Let me know if you ever want to let go of any other gems in the future;). Seriously though, thank you for sharing that one with next person. There was some speculation that this one had been recovered with cocobolo because of the way the wood looks. It doesn't matter to me, but it was interesting speculation by some of the folks on this forum that thought they had seen it over the years.

Here it is last summer with a Beer Scout. I would love to see GEC make a knife similar to the 11031 SH. Then they would have a platform to make a Jumbo Beer Scout :D.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  15. Northwestcut

Northwestcut

Feb 5, 2018
    Decided to fill the watch pocket today with a little extra.
    [​IMG]

16. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    These two, so far. Haven't left the house yet, though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017

Love that Ulster ! That's a tenth mountain division knife isn't it ?

Fodderwing likes this.
  18. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Camillus medium jack today

[​IMG]

19. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you my friend. :D

20. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member