What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Another picture after dark. This is what I carried today.
XL2WMjt.jpg

I've been carrying my Glennbad creation I have posted previously over the past week. It has since been given an upgrade by Mark @Ramrodmb. After seeing his fantastic job of adding the swage to his 2018 bladeforums sheepfoot blade I asked him if he would add one to the rather dull looking blade of my Camillus. He so kindly accepted and did a GREAT job on it. I think it gave the knife the little something it needed to complete it. It never really dawned on me until after I received the knife back from Glenn that the blade just did not complement the beautiful work that Glenn had performed on the knife itself. The first picture below is the before picture with an example of what I was thinking about. He exceeded my expectations. Thank you Mark!!!!IMG_5584.PNG IMG_5585.PNG IMG_5586.PNG

I've been carrying my Glennbad creation I have posted previously over the past week. It has since been given an upgrade by Mark @Ramrodmb. After seeing his fantastic job of adding the swage to his 2018 bladeforums sheepfoot blade I asked him if he would add one to the rather dull looking blade of my Camillus. He so kindly accepted and did a GREAT job on it. I think it gave the knife the little something it needed to complete it. It never really dawned on me until after I received the knife back from Glenn that the blade just did not complement the beautiful work that Glenn had performed on the knife itself. The first picture below is the before picture with an example of what I was thinking about. He exceeded my expectations. Thank you Mark!!!!View attachment 1054975 View attachment 1054976 View attachment 1054977
Dynamite !!

Lazy lounge day with an AGR...with a funky spay blade.
Unusual blades on that sowbelly, but I like it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Gary. Would have loved an ivory specimen to go with the ebony on the piano! ;)
That would be sweet, but any white/light-colored knife is an acceptable second choice to make a "piano keys combo", Vince. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary ! I've been lucky to track down some nice ones :thumbsup:
Steve, if you track down ONE nice one, I'd call that "lucky"; if you track down as many as you have, I'd call that "skill". :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Late post - today’s church carry.
Cool photo of your stockman and church notes, Ken! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (My wife keeps a notebook like that, but she illustrates the margins with sketches of weeds, flowers, trees, etc. I'm not sure she devotes ALL her attention to the pastor's sermon. ;))

...Morning folks, hope everyone had a good weekend :thumbsup: Starting the week off with these two :thumbsup:
Jack, your 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot and your acrylic #85 are a dyad of substantial knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Having survived an afternoon with the inlaws, today should be a breeze in the park, or easy as a piece of cake.View attachment 1054025
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Wright & Son ... big'unView attachment 1054042
One of my 2018 Forum Bucks and a Rosewood Bigun from A Wright. Hope y’all have a great Monday! :D
Dwight & Ron, you're obviously advocates of the "go big or go home" school of thought!! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Feeling Zentinental today ( Thanks Kevin ) :D

Birthday dinner for my Dad !:) 91 and many many more !

"live as long as you can" he says to me...amen
Birthday greetings to your father, Gev!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Much appreciated, GT. I am still adding colors to my palette of knife colors. Blue will be added soon, which will leave green, orange, purple, and some others that will need to find a place somewhere in the collection. :D
Thanks for the color info, Dylan. :) I don't think I consciously take color into consideration when planning knife purchases. :rolleyes:

Carrying this underrated knife.
View attachment 1054210
Looks better every time, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Many Thanks.
All 3 blades came shaving sharp, the spring/pull is surprisingly stronger than I expected, fit and finish is fairly good, although its not as smooth as Case knives or Joker, frankly I dont mind a bit rugged feeling handle. The main blade isnt exactly centered, Im gonna have to do something abt it:rolleyes:
Overall its a satisfactory buy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Todays Carry:
Case Sodbuster Jr+Col Coon StockmanView attachment 1054288
Thanks for the "review", sir. :):thumbsup: Sure looks good paired with that SBJr!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, other than a 3 hour drive home from work Friday :eek:, it was ok. I was able to sharpen a few neglected knives this weekend.

Carrying these two today.

xsCxRC5.jpg
Glad you're handling the storm OK, Tom (3 hr commute seems excessive :eek:). Your stag bone SBJr sure is a beauty, and looks good with everything! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6gfvcl.jpg

Carried my "Forum" knives, that's how I think of them as they're each a gift from 3 great porch members:thumbsup:
Congrats on the thoughtful gifts, David! :cool::cool::) The Porch sure is "a shelter from the storm" in so many ways!

Northwoods Madison Barlow in denim for micarta Monday

Delectable denim! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Carrying my 2013 TC today and then this Case XX 11031SH with Walnut covers arrived in today's mail:thumbsup:
27Nvu3.jpg

tcKuQL.jpg
That Case is a stunner. I love the 11031SH. I have one from the same era.
View attachment 1054371 View attachment 1054372 View attachment 1054373

I also have one from 1977. The later versions did not have the nice swedge. I think they stopped including the swedge in 1970.
View attachment 1054374
Congrats on that new Case, Paul! @Travman, yours is also handsome as heck!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that model called a whaler? Sure like its solid simplicity!

"Too many teardrops for one heart to be crying."
Outstanding trio, Dee! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

After dark post.
2sOpXiW.jpg
Peerless profile for a stockman, D Dschal !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

paulhilborn paulhilborn I love your new Case! @Travman Nice ones too!! I lost mine from 1976 to customs at the airport not too long ago, such a bummer. Sure do miss that knife. I’d love to get an earlier one with the nice swedge.

It’s been the 78 for me the last 10 days then in came the 66 today just in time to brighten up this gloomy rainy day....
Sorry to hear you lost such a fine knife that way, Nick. :(:eek: Congrats on the new #66; pairs perfectly with your #78! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. Yes, the cutler is laying on his stomach on board attached to the grinding wheel. Out of your tremendous trio, I'm partial to the peanut.
Thanks, GT, just some old customs that I found in one of my piles. I enjoy honoring their makers. Yes, the snow persisted. I went out this moring at 11:00 a.m. and coame back in at 3:45 p.m. after a snowshovel-thon. Helped neighbors and then got our vehicles out, but our hill was still too icy to risk venturing out (regardless of 4x4).
- Stuart
Thanks for the etch confirmation and for the peanut props, Stuart. :) Lot of snow for one serving. :eek::( I try to "work out" and stay in shape, but almost 5 hours of shoveling would bust my buttons! :rolleyes:

For Tuesday, stuck on these two:...
I admire your commitment to your ebony boy's knife and AC as a carry combination, Vince!! They're a winning pair, no doubt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Alox of the Week for me is a Vic Money Clip in smooth black Alox:
LeT0Ok0.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Recruit (thanks, Greg):
fN14nZI.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
wLwQNrN.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is Lam Jack, my 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):
jan18.gl.pile.patina.jpg

- GT

Now you're talkin'.

sSfvL7m.jpg

APLhQ0d.jpg

eFmN7Nv.jpg

- Stuart
Incredibly fine Grand Daddy seventies Stuart! Mirrored Magnificent Marvels!!!!!!

I've been carrying my Glennbad creation I have posted previously over the past week. It has since been given an upgrade by Mark @Ramrodmb. After seeing his fantastic job of adding the swage to his 2018 bladeforums sheepfoot blade I asked him if he would add one to the rather dull looking blade of my Camillus. He so kindly accepted and did a GREAT job on it. I think it gave the knife the little something it needed to complete it. It never really dawned on me until after I received the knife back from Glenn that the blade just did not complement the beautiful work that Glenn had performed on the knife itself. The first picture below is the before picture with an example of what I was thinking about. He exceeded my expectations.
Absolutely stunning knife Jerome and yes the blade enhancement is perfect. Well done Glenn and Mark!!

5K Qs 5K Qs - Gt your carved little man is quite good my friend! You've got skills. :) Lamb Jack is looking very nice too.

I've been carrying my Glennbad creation I have posted previously over the past week. It has since been given an upgrade by Mark @Ramrodmb. After seeing his fantastic job of adding the swage to his 2018 bladeforums sheepfoot blade I asked him if he would add one to the rather dull looking blade of my Camillus. He so kindly accepted and did a GREAT job on it. I think it gave the knife the little something it needed to complete it. It never really dawned on me until after I received the knife back from Glenn that the blade just did not complement the beautiful work that Glenn had performed on the knife itself. The first picture below is the before picture with an example of what I was thinking about. He exceeded my expectations. Thank you Mark!!!!View attachment 1054975 View attachment 1054976 View attachment 1054977
Very NICE Jerome:cool::thumbsup:

66s are sweet and that one is a keeper :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you lost such a fine knife that way, Nick. :(:eek: Congrats on the new #66; pairs perfectly with your #78! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Yes Gev, this one is staying for sure. It’s very pocketable with the pinched bolsters and slender frame. Compared to the 78, it’s just a little shorter but at the same time it feels more beefy with the 2 springs. Gary, I was flying out of Little Rock AR, was late and rushing for my flight. I forgot it was in my pocket and had already checked in my luggage then. I wanted to run back out to have the airline ground staff mail it to me but would have missed my flight, I should’ve just gotten on the next flight! It was a very solid and well built knife. Probably my best built Case knife I ever had and is also the same age as I am. I do like the older ones better with the swedge though. Gonna have to hunt down one!

Now you're talkin'.

sSfvL7m.jpg

APLhQ0d.jpg

eFmN7Nv.jpg

- Stuart

Outstanding Stuart :thumbsup:

Fantastic work :thumbsup:

Jack, your 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot and your acrylic #85 are a dyad of substantial knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dwight & Ron, you're obviously advocates of the "go big or go home" school of thought!! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Birthday greetings to your father, Gev!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the color info, Dylan. :) I don't think I consciously take color into consideration when planning knife purchases. :rolleyes:

Looks better every time, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the "review", sir. :):thumbsup: Sure looks good paired with that SBJr!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Glad you're handling the storm OK, Tom (3 hr commute seems excessive :eek:). Your stag bone SBJr sure is a beauty, and looks good with everything! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the thoughtful gifts, David! :cool::cool::) The Porch sure is "a shelter from the storm" in so many ways!

Delectable denim! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on that new Case, Paul! @Travman, yours is also handsome as heck!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that model called a whaler? Sure like its solid simplicity!

"Too many teardrops for one heart to be crying."
Outstanding trio, Dee! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Peerless profile for a stockman, D Dschal !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the etch confirmation and for the peanut props, Stuart. :) Lot of snow for one serving. :eek::( I try to "work out" and stay in shape, but almost 5 hours of shoveling would bust my buttons! :rolleyes:

I admire your commitment to your ebony boy's knife and AC as a carry combination, Vince!! They're a winning pair, no doubt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Alox of the Week for me is a Vic Money Clip in smooth black Alox:
LeT0Ok0.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Recruit (thanks, Greg):
fN14nZI.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
wLwQNrN.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is Lam Jack, my 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):
View attachment 1055023

- GT

Thanks pal, nice patina on your Lam Jack :thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today, my A.Wright Rosewood Big 'Un, and a BSA knife I won in @abbydaddy 's fraternal memorial giveaway a couple of year's back :) :thumbsup:

4ZTGh32.jpg

wHNy1Lk.jpg

Back