What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. kenspen

kenspen

Mar 25, 2010
    [​IMG]

2. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    Another picture after dark. This is what I carried today.
    [​IMG]

3. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Now you're talkin'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

peanutsxx, jakemex, RDaneel and 41 others like this.
  4. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Those are some beauties Stuart !

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  5. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    66s are sweet and that one is a keeper :thumbsup:

kai76 likes this.
  6. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Wow :eek::eek:

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  7. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    I've been carrying my Glennbad creation I have posted previously over the past week. It has since been given an upgrade by Mark @Ramrodmb. After seeing his fantastic job of adding the swage to his 2018 bladeforums sheepfoot blade I asked him if he would add one to the rather dull looking blade of my Camillus. He so kindly accepted and did a GREAT job on it. I think it gave the knife the little something it needed to complete it. It never really dawned on me until after I received the knife back from Glenn that the blade just did not complement the beautiful work that Glenn had performed on the knife itself. The first picture below is the before picture with an example of what I was thinking about. He exceeded my expectations. Thank you Mark!!!! IMG_5584.PNG IMG_5585.PNG IMG_5586.PNG

8. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Dynamite !!

Ramrodmb and Lostball like this.
  9. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Thank you Gev. It is dynamite, isn't it!!!:D

10. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    It is indeed !!!

Lostball likes this.
  11. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Unusual blades on that sowbelly, but I like it! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That would be sweet, but any white/light-colored knife is an acceptable second choice to make a "piano keys combo", Vince. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Steve, if you track down ONE nice one, I'd call that "lucky"; if you track down as many as you have, I'd call that "skill". :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Cool photo of your stockman and church notes, Ken! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (My wife keeps a notebook like that, but she illustrates the margins with sketches of weeds, flowers, trees, etc. I'm not sure she devotes ALL her attention to the pastor's sermon. ;))

Jack, your 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot and your acrylic #85 are a dyad of substantial knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dwight & Ron, you're obviously advocates of the "go big or go home" school of thought!! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Birthday greetings to your father, Gev!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the color info, Dylan. :) I don't think I consciously take color into consideration when planning knife purchases. :rolleyes:

Looks better every time, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the "review", sir. :):thumbsup: Sure looks good paired with that SBJr!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Glad you're handling the storm OK, Tom (3 hr commute seems excessive :eek:). Your stag bone SBJr sure is a beauty, and looks good with everything! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the thoughtful gifts, David! :cool::cool::) The Porch sure is "a shelter from the storm" in so many ways!

Delectable denim! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on that new Case, Paul! @Travman, yours is also handsome as heck!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that model called a whaler? Sure like its solid simplicity!

"Too many teardrops for one heart to be crying."
    Outstanding trio, Dee! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Peerless profile for a stockman, @Dschal!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sorry to hear you lost such a fine knife that way, Nick. :(:eek: Congrats on the new #66; pairs perfectly with your #78! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the etch confirmation and for the peanut props, Stuart. :) Lot of snow for one serving. :eek::( I try to "work out" and stay in shape, but almost 5 hours of shoveling would bust my buttons! :rolleyes:

I admire your commitment to your ebony boy's knife and AC as a carry combination, Vince!! They're a winning pair, no doubt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Alox of the Week for me is a Vic Money Clip in smooth black Alox:
    [​IMG]

non-Alox SAK this week is a Vic Recruit (thanks, Greg):
    [​IMG]

Stockman of the Week is a Colt "black stag" sowbelly:
    [​IMG]

Lambsfoot of the Week is Lam Jack, my 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):
    jan18.gl.pile.patina.jpg

- GT

12. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Most kind of you, my friend ! I will tell him. Thank you for your kindness !

Your Guardian and slip are divine !!

dc50 likes this.
  13. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Carried this Remington today ;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this little TWINS in Stag
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    For Wednesday:[​IMG]
    My 1982 Schrade Scrimshaw stockman.

15. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Incredibly fine Grand Daddy seventies Stuart! Mirrored Magnificent Marvels!!!!!!

Absolutely stunning knife Jerome and yes the blade enhancement is perfect. Well done Glenn and Mark!!

@5K Qs - Gt your carved little man is quite good my friend! You've got skills. :) Lamb Jack is looking very nice too.

16. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Very NICE Jerome:cool::thumbsup:

Ramrodmb, Lostball and dc50 like this.
  17. Hkjay

Hkjay

Nov 13, 2015
  18. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I went back to a 110 and Stockman.

19. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks guys! Yes Gev, this one is staying for sure. It’s very pocketable with the pinched bolsters and slender frame. Compared to the 78, it’s just a little shorter but at the same time it feels more beefy with the 2 springs. Gary, I was flying out of Little Rock AR, was late and rushing for my flight. I forgot it was in my pocket and had already checked in my luggage then. I wanted to run back out to have the airline ground staff mail it to me but would have missed my flight, I should’ve just gotten on the next flight! It was a very solid and well built knife. Probably my best built Case knife I ever had and is also the same age as I am. I do like the older ones better with the swedge though. Gonna have to hunt down one!

Amir Fleschwund, Gevonovich and dc50 like this.
  20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Outstanding Stuart :thumbsup:

Fantastic work :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, nice patina on your Lam Jack :thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today, my A.Wright Rosewood Big 'Un, and a BSA knife I won in @abbydaddy 's fraternal memorial giveaway a couple of year's back :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]