1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Something modern today ;)

[​IMG]

2. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    Warmer today, and I got out.
    [​IMG]

3. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @Duckdog Not me Stuart. I'm back in NY suffering like the rest of us. Heading back end of April.

Duckdog likes this.
  4. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Stuart! :)

Duckdog likes this.
  5. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks Stuart! I love the blade on that chef knife, simple but mean looking and looks like it cuts!! I need to up on my oldie collection to keep up with you and Steve, you both sure have real nice ones. And yeah, I’m still honeymooning.

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It looks great. Who did the work?

7. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    @Duckdog
    That's a great connection to a valuable piece of history. Really good people finally got on board with saving her. Most decorated battleship of WW2, she deserves the honor. Even more so the men who earned those decorations for her. I once read that during one mission while providing protection for USS Enterprise she was pouring out so much anti-aircraft fire, the Enterprise radioed the Carolina to ask if they was on fire:eek: 0826181236.jpg Some fitting knife content, Camillus navy utility knife( with new whitetail deer antler covers)

8. kenspen

kenspen

Mar 25, 2010
    [​IMG]

9. TLARbb

TLARbb

Jan 24, 2010
    I carried this Ka-Lok today. Rosewood covers; it's a very nice little pocket pal. I haven't carried it much because it's been in storage for some time. About 2-1/2" blade. Don't see many of them now.

[​IMG]

Ed J

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  10. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    Words of wisdom.
    I've carried a serious pocket knife since I was 10. I had a cheapie little single blade pen knife before that. My Dad still has it in his knife box. A little brass handled thing with red enamel, had gym equipment embossed on it. That was the "trial knife" to see if I'd loose it, break it or such. Then I graduated to a Vic camper. To this day I simply cannot fathom how anyone makes through a day without at least a pen knife.

11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you my friend :D :thumbsup:

I'll be out the door early tomorrow, packing these two :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Carried these today : #35 Smooth Green Bone and #78 Kiefer SFO : Got both at the 2018 Rendezvous :
    [​IMG]
    Then this one came a day early and I now have this one on me : Case Smooth Antique Bone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

13. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    A fine pair, young Sir! :)

Jack Black likes this.
  14. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    My very first Case knife was a 11031SH. I acquired it after I joined the forums here, now I have a couple of them, one from 69 and the other from 71 (I believe). Both just fantastic knives and ones I am very pleased to own. You both certainly have a couple of beauties there.

Now those are some real beauties, Stuart! Stunning!

I'm afraid I am a bit vain in that regard, GT. Having somewhat of an "artist's eye", color is rather meaningful to me and I certainly have my favorites. On the other hand, I still remain in somewhat of an experimental phase in my knife collecting so I am not adverse to trying out colors that ordinarily wouldn't appeal to me.

I applaud your good taste in knives AND guitars, my friend. Though I am more of a Martin guy myself, Taylor certainly does make a fine guitar.

TFBraden, dc50, Travman and 3 others like this.
  15. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    Hmmmm... That little Barlow is quite nice. I could forgive the small shield on that one.

Old Engineer and Cutfinger like this.
  16. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I paid for a new knife yesterday and got it in the mail today. I've never had such speedy shipping! Probably helps that the seller lives in the next town over (unbeknownst to me).

I got an intriguing new Sowbelly (many thanks to @flatblackcapo for the heads up), a Moore Maker with 3 blades. Curiously, it has two clips (different styles) and a spey. Now, I am not a big spey blade fan but it largely comes down to its aesthetics versus its functionality. What I find rather remarkable is that regardless of which blade you are using, they all sit low enough to not be uncomfortable in hand.

A very comfortable knife with beautifully ground blades and nice thin edges and yes, clad in red bone... This knife has me smitten for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    D759E9FB-93F9-48B4-979F-CC410F64F1C1.jpeg
    Had these today

18. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    A 2013 Smooth Ivory Bone Huckleberry Boys Knife:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, TLARbb and 35 others like this.
  19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's a true beauty. Perfect blade setup too, clip behind pen.

20. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015