What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

All the buzz around the new Northwoods Madison’s made me pull out mine from a few years ago. Beautiful cocobolo but it’s kinda too big to carry often. I keep my slipjoint in my back pocket and for that I like 3 3/4” or less. But for today anyway I’m carrying the Madison.

Some great knives posted!
On deck for tomorrow.
IZVeG00.jpg
Captivating !

Thanks, Tom; I'm the master of most vegetables I meet. :) Your red jigged 2-blade folder is A-1!
Watch pocket knife this week is a Rough Rider mini canoe:
oymzgaU.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Case amber bone stainless Sodbuster Jr (from the @mrknife never-ending GAW):
ClIUlgN.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a small "naked" Imperial serpentine jack I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
ya9Qrif.jpg

- GT

Terrific trio GT! The 2 bladed folder is a Radio Jack, one of my favorites.

Carrying these two today, both of which I acquired at a local knife show in years past. I am attending again tomorrow, and hoping to have some luck finding a couple more treasures :).

knOuQHD.jpg

Terrific trio GT! The 2 bladed folder is a Radio Jack, one of my favorites.

Carrying these two today, both of which I acquired at a local knife show in years past. I am attending again tomorrow, and hoping to have some luck finding a couple more treasures :).

knOuQHD.jpg
Those are two beauts! Good luck tomorrow.

Carrying my original Plow today. The newer version is much nicer in fit and finish, but I must have been in the zone when reprofiling this one, it is probably the sharpest knife I own.

RvhXSao.jpg

Excellent pairing Tom :thumbsup:

Lovely knives, Jack.

Thanks pal :)

Thanks, Jack. :) Your big peaches and cream knife is a looker! :cool::cool:

:D:D Thanks, Senhor Pinto!

Your Rodgers Jack looks VERY handsome! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the lambsfoot, Mark. Have you become an "official" Guardian posting in that thread? Have your requested that your location be added to the recent Google map of where Guardians live around the world? Yes, black licorice is "lekker"! ;)

Spanning the globe with beautiful knives, Ron! ;):thumbsup:

Tremendous tree-based trio, Joshua, displaying some of wood's variety! :cool::thumbsup:

Watch pocket knife this week is a Rough Rider mini canoe:
oymzgaU.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Case amber bone stainless Sodbuster Jr (from the @mrknife never-ending GAW):
ClIUlgN.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a small "naked" Imperial serpentine jack I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
ya9Qrif.jpg

- GT

Thanks my friend, fine-looking threesome :thumbsup:

This 78 American Jack today
B0Q8zrw.jpg

Really nice Mark :thumbsup:

Splendid Dwight :thumbsup:

24 consecutive days for the Camillus.

8zxfTEgh.jpg

Definitely a special knife Buzz :thumbsup:

Cool pic Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks GT! Yellas along for the ride today
xuWazSZ.jpg

Lovely pair :thumbsup:

pz0UUXs.jpg

Practicing with Imgur :D

Very classy Gev :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!

Toting this big ‘un today.

Another stellar choice my friend :thumbsup:

I always manage to take a good pic that hides all of the character so here’s some candid shots for ya! I’m at 7 months of carry. A2 steel.

k1SoNVe.jpg

UtjbTvl.jpg

K1X3TRN.jpg

POUFl7Z.jpg

Still looks fantastic to me Jake :) :thumbsup:

45334824062_99a43b4a9b_b.jpg

30437823337_b1a7b7835e_b.jpg

45389198911_52e8ce8958_b.jpg

from the Clanman (Duncan's GAW ) just a gem of a guy...I mean knife :D

A gem indeed Gev ;) :thumbsup:

Voluptuous Viper Leslie :thumbsup:

Been carrying this all day:
31916137647_5db87defcd_h.jpg

32982100188_8fd62afa53_h.jpg

46813739552_2f41717267_h.jpg

46813739572_58c3ab2b28_h.jpg

46813739382_c16123a6c9_h.jpg

Got this from an artisan from Spain, @ArtesaniaHerreros. His name is José Antonio Herreros Gomez. You can see his initials "JHG" on the palanquilla in one of the close-ups. This is a traditional folding knife, or "navaja", from Albacete. Or a smaller pocket-sized version. The blade locks open, and to close the palanquilla must be lifted about 90 degrees. Very nice design, and an old design, I think. The steel is 440C stainless, and the handle is a polished deer stag antler point. The bolster on this one is brass. It looks like brass and nickel silver inlays. There is very nice engraving on the ricasso and the spine of the blade. There are no liners, and the knife is very light and easy to carry in a pocket.

I will be getting more knives from Señor Herreros!

Congratulations Vince, very special :thumbsup:

Giving the Gunstock a spin today.

ObvW1Qv.jpg

Looking good Dylan :thumbsup:

Whew! I've gotten so far behind in this thread!

Thanks for the compliment on my triple woods @5K Qs!

I've been carrying these three today:

View attachment 1060468 View attachment 1060469 View attachment 1060470

Me too, and I only posted yesterday! :eek: Great choices my friend :thumbsup:

Some great knives posted!
On deck for tomorrow.
IZVeG00.jpg

That's gorgeous Gary :thumbsup:

I’ve paired a Barlow and a Lambsfoot for the second day in a row! :) What’s that saying? If it’s not broke don’t fixit!! :D

42300522144_6bc9d5d9af_b_d.jpg

Stunning Ron :thumbsup:

A little Western States "humpback pen"
jB3ycXV.jpg

And for Old Friends Friday, an A.W.Wadsworth
gM1nhl9.jpg

A couple of lovely Old Friends Rachel :) :thumbsup:

My carries from the last few days in no special order.
31903483597_d906c75766_h.jpg

46815389662_10090a7d26_h.jpg

31879571347_b9cc1541a5_h.jpg

45942708695_6cd9d3de6f_h.jpg

Fantastic foursome Kevin :thumbsup:

Very nice Dave :thumbsup:

I had to dash out of the house without posting here this morning, but have been carrying my ebony 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot and a Vic Farmer :thumbsup:

7Pev4Vx.jpg

aAJJVID.jpg

Sgian Dubh for Burns' Night :thumbsup:

EPUmUdf.jpg

Fantastic pics Barrett, Ellie is looking cool as ever :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett! :) I’m glad you found your Bull Nose! Eleanor is looking quite spiffy in her Yorkshire boggin! Priceless!! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks, guys! Jack, I'd been meaning to tell you, when you posted that photo of yourself in the off-topic thread the other day, I showed it Ellie and told her that was my friend Mr. Jack. She said, "He gave me my Yorkshire hat!" :D

A 2014 #66 in Stag covers, the Stag may not light up one's world but it's great in hand and I honestly like it, kinda creamy like:cool: bought from a forum member here on the porch...Thanks Mario:thumbsup:
Nydpe1.jpg

gUSXpo.jpg

Also bracing for the upcoming (even colder) snap coming next week:eek:
Brn55g.png

Hey Paul, that stag looks pretty good to me! :thumbsup:

Our forecast for next week looks about the same as yours. :eek: :confused: :D

Celluloid Shapleigh barlow...

oXLncVs.jpg

Love the depth of that cell! Looks great! :thumbsup:

In celebration of playing hooky from work today, I offer you two pictures of my Camillus army engineer knife and homemade pocket slip.

zAotkEah.jpg

xpqUvkKh.jpg

Nice photos, Buzz. That knife has some fantastic character! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still carrying my NCM71BN today.

dhKMyg6.jpg

We want pictures of the Kilt :eek:

LOL! :D I have no Scottish lineage, so far as I know, Gev (though it's not out of the question), but I have a love of whisky, the pudding chieftain, and Burns (and my house was built by Sir Walter Scott). I also have quite a few tartan shirts! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I may have to expand my international collection! I dig that Scottish blade too. :thumbsup:

Thanks Vince, Wright's do a nice one I think, a proper working Sgian Dubh, not tourist junk :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :) Hope you enjoy Burns Night 2019! :eek: :D

Thanks Ron :) :thumbsup:

Back