What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

One of my all time favorite quotes, Alan.
Small Rounder along for the bone chilling ride today. Stay warm, folks!
bIzhOoP.jpg
Never tire of it Gary. After looking at several I think I may like it more than the stag. It just works.

I've been to two funerals in two days (a side effect of having old friends for a long time). I carried the Böker 8842 yesterday and this Primble English jack today, as both guys were knife users and would have been sad if I didn't. Winter Storm Jayden spared us for a part of the grave-side ceremony for today's affair, but has pretty much settled in now.

OInzhAe.jpg

- Stuart
Sincere condolences Stuart, I consider what knife I pocket when I attend a funeral, that sounds odd to many, but for me that simple knife carries memories of the gift I was given for knowing a very special person in my life:thumbsup:

I've been to two funerals in two days (a side effect of having old friends for a long time). I carried the Böker 8842 yesterday and this Primble English jack today, as both guys were knife users and would have been sad if I didn't. Winter Storm Jayden spared us for a part of the grave-side ceremony for today's affair, but has pretty much settled in now.

OInzhAe.jpg

- Stuart
Sorry to hear about your 2 friends Stuart. I’m sure they appreciate the 2 beauties you carried in honor of them. Half/Stop Half/Stop Congrats Ron on the 2 oldies from Stuart! Very nice knives and an even nicer gesture from Stuart.

A bit chilly outside for picture snapping, so I'm using a recycled pic of the two that I'm totin' today: a GEC 48 Woodcock (gifted by Half/Stop Half/Stop , as mentioned in his post) and an A. Wright lamb foot (gifted by @Jack Black ). Thanks, again, guys, they warm me every time I pocket them. Unfortunately, Miss Norma insists that I need to take a walk outside to the wood pile for more firewood. At least my pockets will be warm.

AVMLNUo.jpg

-Stuart

Sorry to hear about your 2 friends Stuart. I’m sure they appreciate the 2 beauties you carried in honor of them. Half/Stop Half/Stop Congrats Ron on the 2 oldies from Stuart! Very nice knives and an even nicer gesture from Stuart.
Thanks Nick! :)

A bit chilly outside for picture snapping, so I'm using a recycled pic of the two that I'm totin' today: a GEC 48 Woodcock (gifted by Half/Stop Half/Stop , as mentioned in his post) and an A. Wright lamb foot (gifted by @Jack Black ). Thanks, again, guys, they warm me every time I pocket them. Unfortunately, Miss Norma insists that I need to take a walk outside to the wood pile for more firewood. At least my pockets will be warm.

AVMLNUo.jpg

-Stuart
Good looking wood today Stuart! You best keep that wood stocked up! You know what they say, “Happy wife happy life”! :D

Old Friends! :D

GsS23y7.jpg

1 THESSALONIANS 4:11
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Buzz, my scroll wheel has came to a screeching halt every time you post that amazing scout. That jigging is ... truly, I don't have the words. It's like it is alive, it looks like something nature made.

Many thanks. This WW2-era jigged Rogers bone is quickly ruining me on more modern colors and jigging styles. I think that I much prefer the more organic look and hues of old jigged bone over more recent efforts in the cutlery industry.

Pretty good pairing, Ron.

OInzhAe.jpg

- Stuart

Beautiful knife, all around. Awesome bone. The form on this knife is near perfection. So many great qualities.

Puma Major for the lockback capability and a Camilus 99 for the tools at work today.
P4KaYas.jpg

Great choice on the Camillus. A highly underrated knife.

Camillus today but a recycled pic as it is -50°F windchill outside

36228985905_ae9941a6ba_o.jpg

Well that's beautiful. I have one of these on it's way to me, but I don't think it'll be nearly as pristine looking as yours. I really love this pattern. Almost identical to a GEC #15, but with a better bail than GEC uses, and nice random jigging on the covers. They tend to be pretty easy on the wallet too. I've gotten them for about half what a 2-blade GEC would cost.

These two at least feel warm to me :). -6 this morning.

PSqD3n7.jpg

You have chosen wisely, sir.

You all know what I'm carrying today.

9GtSkieh.jpg

Last edited:
Nice on ice, Gev. Very COOL!

OInzhAe.jpg

- Stuart
Thank you, Sir ! A fine carry in remembrance indeed. I gifted mine to our old friend Primble.

Thanks for the compliment Stuart! I am sorry for the loss of your friends! I didn’t know either of them but I’m quite sure they would approve of your Boker and Primble! By the way, your Primble was most likely made by Boker also! Does it have a star?

Sorry for the loss of your friends, Stuart. Never an easy thing and two so close together is just not fair.

Sorry for your loss Stuart !

Sincere condolences Stuart, I consider what knife I pocket when I attend a funeral, that sounds odd to many, but for me that simple knife carries memories of the gift I was given for knowing a very special person in my life:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your 2 friends Stuart. I’m sure they appreciate the 2 beauties you carried in honor of them.

Thanks, guys. You know the old saying: If you go to enough funerals, maybe someone will come to yours (if anyone is still around).

I think I'm in the only part of the country above freezing today.. Stay warm, everyone.

Well, those are some pretty cool offerings from the toasty Lone Star State.

Small Rounder along for the bone chilling ride today. Stay warm, folks!

That Hafrich looks fiery enough to warm some mighty cold hands. Very nice, Gary.

Camillus today but a recycled pic as it is -50°F windchill outside

Dang, that's some seriously cold conditions, Steve. You might oughta send all your knives down to the Old Dominion for warmer keeping. I agree with Buzzbait Buzzbait , that's a fine old jack in fine condition.

Today’s carry, 26 Cocobolo.

Robust and radiant, that's one handsome knife, Ken.

Good day to hang out indoors. All I need to do is go haul in more firewood and go out when Manny needs to go out. I want to keep an eye on him, becsuse he’d prefer to chase after tree rats than worry about frost bite on his paws.

Your great picture of that fine fire really warmed me up, Jeff, and I tried to convince Miss Norma to be content looking at your post, rather than sending me out to get firewood for "her" fire. I won't repeat here all that she said in reply, except that she reminded me that Loki, like Manny, needs to go out, so I might as well grab some logs while I'm out there. I have booties for Loki, but not that dire here today. That's a nice looking pair that you have warming on the firewood.

Good looking wood today Stuart! You best keep that wood stocked up! You know what they say, “Happy wife happy life”! :D

Thanks, pal, and Miss Norma thanks you, too.

- Stuart

Never tire of it Gary. After looking at several I think I may like it more than the stag. It just works.
Thanks, Alan! I hope you don't tire of it. I'm buying fewer and fewer new knives and learning to appreciate the ones I have more.

I'm standing in Devotion with Buzz

41301741854_b59462f19d_c.jpg

38231876805_6d878e192e_c.jpg

I'm standing in Devotion with Buzz
Ditto to that.

Great images, Gev. Especially nice pic of that little Wren!

That Hafrich looks fiery enough to warm some mighty cold hands. Very nice, Gary.
It doesn't seem to give off much heat, Stuart, but it does have a warm look about it!

Back