What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Let me preface my carries for today with an apology to my good friend Stuart D Duckdog ! Before Thanksgiving I had the opportunity to visit with Stuart. I’ve visited Stuart several times before so we had a nice lunch at our usual sandwich shop then we drove over to Stuart’s home where I got to meet his lovely wife, Norma. I also got to take a look at some of his huge collection of vintage knives. It’s amazing at all the beautiful knives Stuart has. Now I admit to having gifted Stuart a #48 GEC bird knife during lunch. I was totally blown away when Stuart reciprocated the gift with not one but two beautiful vintage knives. The Miller Brothers (1872-1926) Jack knife. We believe it’s Rosewood, but it could be Cocobolo! Either way, it’s an amazingly beautiful knife. The second knife is a Queen #31 Half Congress in Winterbottom. I’m almost positive it’s bone but again either way it’s a beautiful knife. So a belated public “Thank You” Stuart! :) I’ll be seeing you soon and I’m looking forward to meeting Loki! ;)

Thank you, Ron. I was just so glad that we could get together and I wanted you to have some remembrances to carry home with you. I look forward to your next visit; the boxes and piles are where you last saw them (much to Miss Norma's consternation).

@Half/Stop Congrats Ron on the 2 oldies from Stuart! Very nice knives and an even nicer gesture from Stuart.

Well, Nick, Ron was standing there with those sad, pleading eyes, I couldn't not care. It was the least I could do (and I often do the least).

- Stuart

Thanks, Alan! I hope you don't tire of it. I'm buying fewer and fewer new knives and learning to appreciate the ones I have more.

I'm standing in Devotion with Buzz
Ditto to that.

Great images, Gev. Especially nice pic of that little Wren!

It doesn't seem to give off much heat, Stuart, but it does have a warm look about it!
Thank you kindly, Gary ! The Wrens are back again :D To me, they embody the emotion of true Devotion ( a detonator to the emotion of Bliss and life)

41301741854_b59462f19d_c.jpg

38231876805_6d878e192e_c.jpg

Bravo!!!

TC Tuesday carry

Interesting razor...so cool

KtsPFM6.jpg

A new CASE for me today and it works a treat:cool:

Dang...the post finally gave it up !!! Sweet looking knife !

Let me preface my carries for today with an apology to my good friend Stuart D Duckdog ! Before Thanksgiving I had the opportunity to visit with Stuart. I’ve visited Stuart several times before so we had a nice lunch at our usual sandwich shop then we drove over to Stuart’s home where I got to meet his lovely wife, Norma. I also got to take a look at some of his huge collection of vintage knives. It’s amazing at all the beautiful knives Stuart has. Now I admit to having gifted Stuart a #48 GEC bird knife during lunch. I was totally blown away when Stuart reciprocated the gift with not one but two beautiful vintage knives. The Miller Brothers (1872-1926) Jack knife. We believe it’s Rosewood, but it could be Cocobolo! Either way, it’s an amazingly beautiful knife. The second knife is a Queen #31 Half Congress in Winterbottom. I’m almost positive it’s bone but again either way it’s a beautiful knife. So a belated public “Thank You” Stuart! :) I’ll be seeing you soon and I’m looking forward to meeting Loki! ;)

46927567881_34bcf989f5_b_d.jpg

Those two are Outstanding Ron !! Well done both of you gents !

Had some major catching up to do on this thread! Today’s carry, 26 Cocobolo.
26s rock !!! and that one is a whole band !
These two at least feel warm to me :). -6 this morning.

PSqD3n7.jpg

Engineers unite :D

Carrying these two beauts today.
View attachment 1063193

Very nice Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Out before the storm.
t6iAYFm.jpg

Quality Dave :thumbsup:

I'm totin' these two for TC Tuesday.

Fine pairing Dean, I was showing someone that Spey blade just yesterday, a nice knife that, I'm not generally a fan of Spey blades, but that one has real beauty :thumbsup:

Rosewood lambsfoot today.
1rzQXBA.jpg

Looking good :thumbsup:

I've been to two funerals in two days (a side effect of having old friends for a long time). I carried the Böker 8842 yesterday and this Primble English jack today, as both guys were knife users and would have been sad if I didn't. Winter Storm Jayden spared us for a part of the grave-side ceremony for today's affair, but has pretty much settled in now.

OInzhAe.jpg

- Stuart

Very sorry for your loss Stuart, I'm sure your friends would have admired that beauty :thumbsup:

Great pairing Taylor! :thumbsup:

Good day to hang out indoors. All I need to do is go haul in more firewood and go out when Manny needs to go out. I want to keep an eye on him, becsuse he’d prefer to chase after tree rats than worry about frost bite on his paws.View attachment 1063626

Excellent pic :) :thumbsup:

A bit chilly outside for picture snapping, so I'm using a recycled pic of the two that I'm totin' today: a GEC 48 Woodcock (gifted by @Half/Stop , as mentioned in his post) and an A. Wright lamb foot (gifted by Jack Black Jack Black ). Thanks, again, guys, they warm me every time I pocket them. Unfortunately, Miss Norma insists that I need to take a walk outside to the wood pile for more firewood. At least my pockets will be warm.

AVMLNUo.jpg

-Stuart

Glad to hear you're keeping warm Stuart :) :thumbsup:

41301741854_b59462f19d_c.jpg

38231876805_6d878e192e_c.jpg

Fantastic pics Gev :thumbsup:

Impressive Dwight :thumbsup:

Today's carry in the winter weather. It's cold here in central Ohio (nothing like some temps have been posted); we had a wind chill in the mid 20s this morning.

Those two go together well Dean :thumbsup:

'Tis Wednesday today. The downhill journey begins.

I was indecisive today.

QL8UThf.jpg

Nice company to be indecisive with Dylan ;) :thumbsup:

I've felt like a ball in a pin-ball machine today, flying around, getting it from all sides. But I scooped up this one as I briefly headed out the door, barely saw what I was putting in my pocket :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

EoCIErl.jpg

Not posting as often as I'd like this week because of this. In fine traditional style, the snow piles by the fence were formed one shovelful at a time over the past 3 days.
backyard.house.jpg

You really broke out the good stuff today, GT
Thanks for saying so, John. :) I tend to get quite fond of most of my knives, whether they deserve it or not, so it's nice to get validation from an "unbiased source."

The LE stands for Limited Edition. Thank you for the compliment on my stag pen! :)
Thanks for the translation, Dean, and that old stag pen is quite remarkable! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1062245
5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks GT, I barely know anything about them myself. I'll have to look back through a couple threads, I think in the newest addition thread someone told me its a Robert Klaas "Lovebirds" stamp. Apologies to who provided the info for not remembering who it was:oops:. There undoubtedly are others more qualified to provide relevant information on the stamp. And Klaas's connection to Kissing Krane
Found the post
Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!
I enjoy the tang stamps that include animals, and I don't think of seen those lovebirds before, David. Thanks for the clear photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For the 27th consecutive day.
That's like ALL YEAR so far!! ;):cool::thumbsup:

2dlln5h.jpg

Didn't get out much today just out to the store for cat food and back. Dropped my new Camillus 23 in my pocket.
Those pearl handles are the epitome of elegance, David, while the size of the knife says, "I'm a tough son of a gun." :D:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's in his DNA, GT. That Case peanut is the winning legume today, IMHO.
Yes, GT, he was a well respected critic for his depth of knowledge of film making, its history and objectivity on the films themselves. But, he didn't parse words or suffer mediocrity. As to the Kissing Crane/Klass, the NKCA dubbed it a whittler.
- Stuart!
Thanks for declaring my Case chestnut jigged peanut a winner, Stuart; knives from that series are some of my favorites. Thanks also for a little more info about Stephen Hunter. And "whittler" was NOT high on guesses I had for the pattern name of that intriguing NKCA knife. :eek::rolleyes::D

... Starting mine with these two :thumbsup:
Your AC stag and Case Barlow are small but mighty knives, Jack!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Two new ones for Monday and one is Micarta! ;)
Interesting new black/white combo, Ron; congrats! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. The "slim slicer" part is exactly what I like about this one so much. That wharncliffe blade is wicked....
Nice pics of your 2-blade red bone 82 and your horn lambsfoot (from the lined bolster, I'm guessing that was some horn from 2018?)

Remington UMC today !

NQdlE7m.jpg
Steve, that Rem is creme de la creme!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It's the celluloid skin over hollow handles. The rust doesn't look particularly cellish to me, but I should peel that stuff off. I want to pop off the covers anyway, and peen the rivet a bit where the main blade has a lot of lateral play.
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I hope you can get it fixed up to your satisfaction! :cool::thumbsup:

These two with me today. The lime green on the custom fixed blade doesn't really have the classic traditional look, but it is 1095 and I think if someone had this a few hundred years ago, they would recognize what it is and how to use it :)
Lotta color in there with your FB's green handle and the Farmer's electric blue, Tom! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

But for right now, this Voos is not going back in the cigar box. It’s one of my favorites, a perfect little jack.
View attachment 1062527 View attachment 1062535 Otro vez con Senor Voos.
What the deuce! The Voos is loose and he's got the juice!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Today's carry is a 1981 Case Razor Barlow (thank you very much GuestWho101 aka Dee).
I'll bet not many of your Barlows have bolsters with that shape, Dean; very cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm still totin this Böker 8842 from yesterday, so I'm showing the pile side this time. The sun was much lower in the southwest when I got out to snap the pic and there was plenty of slanty light down in the wood pile.

QuocKzI.jpg

- Stuart
We've looked at Böker from both sides now,
From mark and pile,
And still, somehow
It's Böker's bone that I recall,
It's sensational bone, that's all!

An old KA-BAR equal end Jack. The main is down about a 1/4 of an inch but whoever re-profiled it did a fantastic job:thumbsup: Matchstick pull, centered and solid blades with great snap and great aged smooth jigged bone covers:cool:...
The covers on your Ka-bar are outstanding, Paul! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toted these two favorites today:
May tote one or both tomorrow, but will definitely give some pocket time to my new Spanish polished deer stag navaja from @ArtesaniaHerreros:
You've got yourself 3 exquisite knives there, Vince, in your stag lambsfoot, your ebony boy's knife, and your custom navaja!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For me this week, in addition to a snow shovel, I'm carrying a full complement of pocket knives.
Alox this week is a Vic Classic (thanks, Ken):
WkPrak7.jpg

non-Alox SAK this week is an Explorer from a gun and knife show:
DWamXQf.jpg

Stockman this week is a Taylor-Schrade 61OT:
fTjaumI.jpg

Plain canoe this week is a Rough Rider in smooth white bone:
1v5IHdO.jpg

Fancy canoe this week is a 1975 Case red bone canoe:
ms8QvT9.jpg

- GT

Back