What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

One of my favorite chores in the morning is picking what knives I’ll be carryin’ for the foreseeable aka “immediate” future.

Those choices may even change throughout course of my day but usually the traditional knives I picked that morning ride in my pockets till I put ‘em back into the box and pick another.

I really enjoy reminiscing about the forum knives, the voting, the waiting and the knives themselves so every day I’ll pick another knife from the box to carry in my pocket alongside the current year’s knife.

w3NQ5c1.jpg

The Mrs says I’m worse than most women picking out jewelry before going out for the night. :Ds

d66Ov1n.jpg

And the winners were........

2009 Barlow and 2018 Buck 2 blade Stockman.

Wmw5MUq.jpg
A very enjoyable chore indeed. In my case, it’s the last thing I do before climbing into bed. If I do it in the morning, the clunking of knives in cigar boxes wakes up Vickie, and that can be dangerous.

Ah, air hockey. What fun. Kids are grown, and we needed the space for a treadmill, so our air hockey table got relegated to collecting sawdust in the garage. In a rare moment of brilliance, I convinced the young couple down the road with a couple of younguns that they needed it and gave it to them.
Now, I need to sell my late son’s Buell to reclaim my wood shop area. That beast scares me. I rode it once - never again.

Last edited:
Back