What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

These in my pockets today :

When I carry them it brings back memories of our last trip out West via a smallish town in North Dakota and stopped to see a good friend
And then some other friends in Wyoming

And Montana
And some great scenery along the way .

Sorry folks , but my mind wanders around a lot . Have a great day to all.

Harry

This "Improved Trapper"

paj20Jr.jpg

Ed J

My favorite frame and style of all remains the Schrade 8OT/881. Here it is as sold by Sears under the Craftsman label, likely made by Imperial. I have carried this one about 50 percent of the time over the last year.

SLLGgxr.jpg
You could certainly be right because the Craftsman bears such a close resemblance to Imperial Frontier 4” Stockman.
Here’s mine- it sure is a great knife!
Does yours have the same steels? Mine has carbon main and sf, and stainless spey.
View attachment 1066420
Didn’t they used to call that French Ivory? I remember it was a very specific style of celluloid. I remember arguing with someone many moons back who said because it had the lines in it that proved it was ivory and not celluloid.

I remember when they were finally convinced to do a hot pin test to prove it one way or another, they were never heard from again.

I always knew it was artificial, I just thought it was micarta and not celluloid. Any other thoughts?

My Camillus model 23 has the same scales.

FFeTpWu.jpg
Yes, it is indeed celluloid.
When in doubt, ask the guitar industry. This stuff has been used for binding on guitar bodies for years.
https://www.sweetwater.com/
The cotton fibers were aligned to simulate genuine ivory.
Both of my 23s have ivoroid, and no sign of deterioration. I had actually planned on rescaling one of them, but I ended up really liking them as is.

View attachment 1066438
So it’s Super Bowl Sunday®️.
I don’t care one bit about either team.
( just wait til next year!)
I don’t drink alcohol.
I rarely find the Socially Correct commercials amusing.
The lipsynching halftime entertainers are a joke.
I have really cleaned up my diet with regard to processed foods, carbs, sugar, etc...
So why am I about to go to the store and buy the ingredients for a big dish of some disgustingly delicious Super Bowl®️ Munchies? Some recently verboten corn chips, etc, and sit down and watch the Big Game®️?

Ah, what the heck. Gots to loosen up and relax, right?:D

Last edited:
I’m totin this Buck Canoe today. This is one of my three stash knives I leave at my daughters place. I’m dog sitting my grand dog for several days while my daughter is traveling! Hope everyone has a great day and evening! In memory of Bob @BigBiscuit and in support of my good friend Paul @paulhilborn I’m pulling for the New England Patriots in tonight’s big game! :D

32522179368_b3ca0f879a_b_d.jpg

I’m totin this Buck Canoe today. This is one of my three stash knives I leave at my daughters place. I’m dog sitting my grand dog for several days while my daughter is traveling! Hope everyone has a great day and evening! In memory of Bob @BigBiscuit and in support of my good friend Paul @paulhilborn I’m pulling for the New England Patriots in tonight’s big game! :D

32522179368_b3ca0f879a_b_d.jpg
You have me thinking about one of those Ron . Are they made in the U.S.A. and are they good quality ? They do look good and I know , for $20 what do I expect .
Harry

Sleeveboard

6H3ZqEq.jpg
Nice one Will!

The Stars Align
Thank you, Dwight ! Fodderwing Fodderwing

The Maher & Grosh's first Adventure { Boot's hairs in the photo...I wouldn't have it any other way :D }

yr0EBRQ.jpg
Beautiful knife, beautiful pic!

2013 Bladeforums Half Congress

Classy! Came close to buying that knife a few times but haven’t pulled the trigger.

Patina and Old Rogers Bone today.
46060513965_42570cc38a_k.jpg
Awesome bone!:thumbsup:

Old Engineer Old Engineer Always enjoy seeing those 2 and your other oldies too!

Im honeymooning with this one.

Back