What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

You have me thinking about one of those Ron . Are they made in the U.S.A. and are they good quality ? They do look good and I know , for $20 what do I expect .
Harry
Harry these are part of Bucks import line. They carry the same lifetime warranty that the other Bucks have. This one is very well made and razor sharp straight from the box. I say box because mine did come in a box and I got it at everyone’s favorite big retail store. It was on clearance for less than the number you mentioned. They have since gone to clam packaging around here in my neck of the woods. :D

Patina and Old Rogers Bone today.
46060513965_42570cc38a_k.jpg

Bone jigged by the Knife Gods :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Took advantage of the nice weather to do a little mid-winter clean-up around the place.

Normally I have something a bit sturdier when I’m working outdoors, but this was in my pocket when I walked out the door. It came in handy a couple of times. Sharp often trumps big, and the knife you have with you is always infinitely more useful than the knives you don’t.

92C4EADB-6282-44B3-B5FB-63D5476824AC.jpeg

Not much for football but I usually do watch the Super Bowl every year. It is mostly an excuse to eat good food, enjoy a fine beverage or three, and smoke a few good cigars.

Today will be no exception. I will have this guy with me during the festivities.

Mq8VeH2.jpg

You could certainly be right because the Craftsman bears such a close resemblance to Imperial Frontier 4” Stockman.
Here’s mine- it sure is a great knife!
Does yours have the same steels? Mine has carbon main and sf, and stainless spey.
Never seen this line of Craftsmen with the stainless spey. I like it! Mine definitely is carbon steel.

The evidence suggests that the Craftsman knives from the late 70s to the mid 80s were made by Imperial. They are near exact duplicates of the Frontier line of the era. When the Frontiers were Delrin-handled in 70s and early 80s, so were the Craftsmen. During that same time was when Imperial made some SFOs for Schrade (like that Patriot series), and those were basically identical to the Frontiers and Craftsmen.

When Frontiers went to the wood-handled Double Eagle series in the 80s, so did all the Craftsman stockman knives. They also all have that same distinct swedge on the clip blade.

Anyway, glad there's another fan here! I've also got a smaller Frontier, equivalent to the 34OT, that gets pocket time when I'm in dress clothes at work. There's something about these basic utilitarian knives that I just prefer over all the others with the nice bone handles and high dollar fit and finish. Maybe I'm just a common man.

Last edited:
So it’s Super Bowl Sunday®️.
I don’t care one bit about either team.
( just wait til next year!)
I don’t drink alcohol.
I rarely find the Socially Correct commercials amusing.
The lipsynching halftime entertainers are a joke.
I have really cleaned up my diet with regard to processed foods, carbs, sugar, etc...
So why am I about to go to the store and buy the ingredients for a big dish of some disgustingly delicious Super Bowl®️ Munchies? Some recently verboten corn chips, etc, and sit down and watch the Big Game®️?

Ah, what the heck. Gots to loosen up and relax, right?:D
Why? Because you're an American! :p :p
Excellent knife and shot. I have one of those but I don't think it's really a Half-Congress, believe it's an Irish Jack? Hope you don't think I'm being pedantic though ;)
Don't apologize for being pedantic. That's what this forum is for, isn't it? :D Mr. Levine himself once chided me: there is no such thing as a half-congress!

I've been puttering around the house today, waiting for the Big Game. Did some modifications to the little Case Coke Bottle I won in a GAW from waverave waverave . Darren, I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't open the pen blade with my weak nails. I realized that the problem was that it was sitting a bit low, so I put in a little nail relief. While I had the tools out, I turned the pen into a sheepfoot/coping blade.
aVWBCgo.jpg
aiPlLXc.jpg

Never seen this line of Craftsmen with the stainless spey. I like it! Mine definitely is carbon steel.

The evidence suggests that the Craftsman knives from the late 70s to the mid 80s were made by Imperial. They are near exact duplicates of the Frontier line of the era. When the Frontiers were Delrin-handled in 70s and early 80s, so were the Craftsmen. During that same time was when Imperial made some SFOs for Schrade (like that Patriot series), and those were basically identical to the Frontiers and Craftsmen.

When Frontiers went to the wood-handled Double Eagle series in the 80s, so did all the Craftsman stockman knives. They also all have that same distinct swedge on the clip blade.

Anyway, glad there's another fan here! I've also got a smaller Frontier, equivalent to the 34OT, that gets pocket time when I'm in dress clothes at work. There's something about these basic utilitarian knives that I just prefer over all the others with the nice bone handles and high dollar fit and finish. Maybe I'm just a common man.

Good info. I had two of those Craftsman wood handled knives- gave the 8OT sized one to my son for Christmas, and kept the 34OT sized one.

Before the Craftsman name came along, Sears had a line of knives branded HIGH CARBON made by Camillus. Have you got any of those? I have two bone scaled HC cattle knives, one with blades, and one with 4.

Don't apologize for being pedantic. That's what this forum is for, isn't it? :D Mr. Levine himself once chided me: there is no such thing as a half-congress!

I've been puttering around the house today, waiting for the Big Game. Did some modifications to the little Case Coke Bottle I won in a GAW from waverave waverave . Darren, I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't open the pen blade with my weak nails. I realized that the problem was that it was sitting a bit low, so I put in a little nail relief. While I had the tools out, I turned the pen into a sheepfoot/coping blade.
aVWBCgo.jpg
aiPlLXc.jpg

Nice work on that Case! Now it is truly yours.
Regarding the football game... I think my wife must be more American than me.
She likes to watch it just for the commercials. If she has to leave the room, she tries to get back in time for the next commercials.:cool:

aVWBCgo.jpg
aiPlLXc.jpg
Looks great! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still carrying the Texas jack as I will be for the month, but with a new carry method.

I've been gradually phasing all my old pants out for new ones with pockets that are actually worth a damn and now that I've got room I figured I'd try my hand at some kind of pocket sheath.
I'm not sure which knives it will get used with if I end up liking it, but it will fit a number of my knives.

Back