What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Great pics, Jack. The whole background is wood, too! Nice clarity.

Thanks a lot Vince :thumbsup:

I’ve put away the Ironwood for today! :D

31759846707_283aa9efdd_b_d.jpg

Fantastic pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black beautiful knives today sir and the lady bug is a nice touch. I love em. :)

Thank you very much Dwight :thumbsup:

Fine-looking pattern Stuart :thumbsup:

Alox Knife of the Week for me is a red Vic Cadet:
dwGXprs.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Huntsman:
RI3g33q.jpg

Stockman of the Week is a Ganzo, which seems to be a Buck 303/373 clone (thanks, Dave):
jJANosY.jpg

Bailed non-SAK is my Colonial Forest-Master, my first knife ever:
pXfUE8S.jpg

- GT

Four smashers GT :thumbsup:

Morning folks, Friday's here! :) Carrying these two today, a large A.Wright Lambsfoot in horn, and an Old Friend in the form of a Thomas Turner penknife :thumbsup:

BqtJrcd.jpg

K8ZuG9J.jpg

Fantastic pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Morning folks, Friday's here! :) Carrying these two today, a large A.Wright Lambsfoot in horn, and an Old Friend in the form of a Thomas Turner penknife :thumbsup:

BqtJrcd.jpg

K8ZuG9J.jpg
Thanks Jack! :) Good morning and a great pair for you today as well! :thumbsup: I’m off to town this morning so I’m dropping a Lambsfoot in the watch pocket along with a 77 NF Barlow in the pocket! :D

30486270407_193c66bdac_b_d.jpg

Half/Stop, the sawcut bone texture and color on your NF Barlow perfectly capture the vintage look - GEC got that one done just right! OH

My carries yesterday and today - the red was just right for Valentine Day and the sharp edge Buck's were just right for a bunch of cord cutting I did yesterday with them. OH

Buck-110-LT-303-X-EDC.jpg

I "had" this Colonial but I don't remember it being shell construction... maybe 5K Qs 5K Qs can confirm? ;)

colbar-1c-jpg.1007943
Can't help you with that white Colonial, Kevin, but I have the Imperial Diamond Edge Barlow you sent me. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't have a photo that shows it well, but the DE Barlow has the "crimped tabs" shell construction. I can see a hint of the tab indentation in this photo, but I have a good imagination. :rolleyes:
de.mark.2open.vert.jpg

- GT

The original Colonial made both; solid bolster pocketknives with their version of a Swindonesque lock and plenty of shell handled knives of all sorts. As with Imperial and Hammer Brand shells, look for a tab. OH

Can't help you with that white Colonial, Kevin, but I have the Imperial Diamond Edge Barlow you sent me. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't have a photo that shows it well, but the DE Barlow has the "crimped tabs" shell construction. I can see a hint of the tab indentation in this photo, but I have a good imagination. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1073537

- GT
Ahhh... that's right, the Colonial went to the other Michigander @scrteened porch ... BUT thanks for the info Gary, I guess I did own a shell barlow ;) I got my Michigan barlows mixed up... confusion and memory loss at age 44 is not good :confused::D

Back