What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you. I haven't been able to find out much. Lamplough Cutlery Ltd is in Montreal. Very little else so far.
I love the peach pruner Jack gave you. I assume it's horn? It's so translucent!
Good luck finding any more info, it's a nice looking knife. :thumbsup:
Thanks, and yes, it's ox horn. So translucent, I can see the brass liners right through it. :D
OxZMHdn.jpg

Well done, sir.
Thank you Stuart.

Today with this beautiful French whale...
I love that! Beautiful and a clever design.

ometimes I need more than a pocket knife! I made this veggie chopper out of an old carbon steel mower blade.
Not real pretty, but it’s mine
Looks like an awesome knife and quite attractive too.

Tuesday bake and knife
Mouth watering every time you post your beautiful loaves.

So much for going back to work. Hanging out at home trying to fight off a wicked head cold. Figured this little Victorinox is all I really need while napping between naps today.

Get well soon!

Water is still high on the Ohio, im enjoying my walk with two of them today. I made a trade last night for the beer scout with a relative. Good dayView attachment 1094481

Hope that water isn't a threat to life or property!

Sometimes I need more than a pocket knife! I made this veggie chopper out of an old carbon steel mower blade.
Not real pretty, but it’s mine:DView attachment 1094620

Seems it does a great job to me and looks good doing it. :thumbsup: Double-cool that you made it yourself. :cool:

I really love the thin and slim ffg trailing point blade, it would probably make a great folding bird and trout.

I fully agree.

Sometimes I need more than a pocket knife! I made this veggie chopper out of an old carbon steel mower blade.
Not real pretty, but it’s mine:D

Well done, Jeff. You have some real skills with bone, horn, and steel. But, we've known that for awhile. Kudos!

The sheepfoot is certainly different.

Or "the Wharncliffe is certainly different". Regardless, it's fine.

That bone jigging is fantastic.

I switched things up with an odd pairing today. A Boker Anso design, and a Wright & Son Sheffield Peach Pruner, a gift from Jack Black.

Thanks, r8shell. The covers on the pruner look like peach slices in the right light. Splendid!

Have a Queen #20 with me today.

dKmhCui.jpg

That's a true beauty. I'm very partial to the Queen toothpick clan, and yours is really fine:

KxMxcRs.jpg

- Stuart

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund Beautifully worn bone on that Camillus cattle knife!

Thanks, Nick! Your 72 looks dead mint.
#43 Trapper and a #51 Barlow

zZ5dsqjh.jpg
I really like how the natural micarta darkens. Mine isn't that dark yet.
43 Oregon Trapper and Vic Cadet. The Cadet is always in my pocket with whatever else I'm carrying.
It comes from just the right proportions of extra virgin olive oil, Norton's honing oil, and 5w30 synthetic.

I love seeing all the micarta 43s in this thread. Good, very good knives.

Fantastic. It looks very useful.

I switched things up with an odd pairing today. A Boker Anso design, and a Wright & Son Sheffield Peach Pruner, a gift from Jack Black.
Ll3OUPZ.jpg
Thanks, my friend!

Good luck finding any more info, it's a nice looking knife. :thumbsup:
Thanks, and yes, it's ox horn. So translucent, I can see the brass liners right through it. :D
OxZMHdn.jpg
No, it's prehistoric amber. I can see the mosquito inside that holds dinosaur dna. Nice gift from @Jack Black !

Looks like an awesome knife and quite attractive too.

You are just as handy as that knife seems to be. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Well done, Jeff. You have some real skills with bone, horn, and steel. But, we've known that for awhile. Kudos!

KxMxcRs.jpg

- Stuart

You guys are very kind! ~ thanks.

Stuart, I'm not from Texas, so can I just call those beauties fish knives?

The only time you can get political anywhere other than the political forum.

Today I threw the forum’s 2013 annual knife, GEC, BFC, SFO Half Congress/Senator/Congress Jack wrapped in white linen micarta. One of my top favorite forum knives and an excuse to wax political without gettin’ in trouble.

4ic7Ogp.jpg

Have a good day Porch Dwellers, it’s supposed to be in the upper 50s°F and mostly sunny.

bfBZhjK.jpg

Today’s supposed to be a carbon copy of yesterday’s weather. I’m gonna have to sharpen the yard equipment this weekend, mower blades, chainsaw chains, shears, nips and loppers.

Back