What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sunny day here in the Pac NW. A star spangled case trapper kind of day.

BronSzS.jpg

Thank you very much Gevo . I guess I have a lot of Favorite Knives , and I have to admit that these 2 are On The List . The Loewen Messer is just nice and light in the pocket and even though it has been somewhat abused , it will usually do what I need it to do . All steel construction with probably Cocobolo handles , sharpens to a good edge except for the huge NICK , and a Rats Tail Bolster and great stamping on the blade . @Fodderwing Dwight has what appears to be a brand new and unused Old One . Boy does it look nice . The Western is just a very well made Huge Knife will surely take care of what the Loewen Messer can't handle and the price was great . Take care my friend . I hope that you are still doing well .

Harry
Thank you for your kindness,my friend ! I see why they are on your list and thank you for more insight on them. Treasures

I can't wait to see what adventures you take the ol' girl on, JB!

Thanks Shawn :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, John. That's the cover of a copy of Moby Dick, which I will start rereading today. One of my favorite novels. Home sick with sore throat and cough. Gonna make me some more coffee and start, once I catch up here. (Easy to get behind!)

Great read Vince, hope you're feeling better soon :thumbsup:

xqlVQEw.jpg

I can't wait to see what adventures you take the ol' girl on, JB!

I lean towards it being its own unique pattern. I don't recall seeing many trappers with a bolster resembling that of the Canoe pattern. Great looking knife, btw. Is it the Pocket Worn Bermuda Green bone? It looks very similar to my Peanut and Tiny Toothpick in that handle.
Bermuda green bone alright. My favorite Case finish.

BrQZpwg.jpg

Thanks, John. That's the cover of a copy of Moby Dick, which I will start rereading today. One of my favorite novels. Home sick with sore throat and cough. Gonna make me some more coffee and start, once I catch up here. (Easy to get behind!)
Feel better, Vince.

Back