What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

All this X-files talk lately has me carrying a Morley.*

Oh3p6H8.jpg

*obscure x-f reference: CSM's favorite brand. ;)
That one looks like it might have been used a time or two.

This interesting Queen hitched a ride with the Camillus today. It's nothing too fancy. Just a single blade slimline trapper with a plastic handle.

The Queen was given to me by Mike Stewart, back when he first started BRKT. This was around the same time that I was doing a lot of testing of convex grinds, and had recently authored a popular convex grind FAQ.

Mike sent a little care package to a few of us convex diehards, that included some of his green and black compound, and one of these Queen slippies, with the edge bevel convex ground.

It really is a handy little knife. It takes a wicked edge, and has a nice long blade. Light in weight too. Nothing exotic or particularly beautiful, but quite useful indeed.

xJ6Lrzgh.jpg

DmKBf7Qh.jpg

Thx :) It's Muscle Bone from the latest run. :cool:

The cigar club is a blast! We spend a bunch of time bragging/lying about our golf games. :p

and Bourbon! :D:D
Or Scotch! Gotta have Bourbon, Scotch, or Brandy with cigars. Beer won't cut it, but a good red wine might be acceptable. I always take a bottle of Bourbon when I go.
I think it's time for me to hit the tobacco shop!

Spring fishing is just around the corner and striped bass season opens in May. New fishing glasses. Check. New fishing knife. Check.

ucUv267.jpg

Miss Norma asked what I was doing out at the wood pile and I said that I had been taking a picture of my new fishing knife. She said that my fishing knives always had long thin blades and white handles. not like this one. I told her that those were knives for cleaning fish after you caught them. This knife was for waiting around to catch the fish. (I saw no reason to mention the sunglasses purchase.)
- Stuart

Back