What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This was in the mail yesterday and in the pocket this morning! :D

33716411638_4fc07935c1_b_d.jpg
A classy uptown Lambsfoot Ron. :thumbsup::cool:

Robeson and Miller bros.

Pretty nice pair there, Nick.

Amazing array of barlows Stuart. What a grand collection of Queens! And the granddaddy's! :eek:

Thanks, Dwight and, wow, what a winsome Winchester!!

Does Benchmade Proper count as a traditional knife?

My vote is YES, and Buck, Case, and Lion Steel, to name a few, make similar modern traditionals.

Morning folks, struggling to keep caught up here on The Porch lately :eek:

I'm with you, Jack. It's a dizzying pace. I'm glad to see Pearl dockside, taking in the river's breeze.

@315
@rasta bomb
@Will Power
@Jack Black
@Pt-Luso
@ISKRA
@Fodderwing
@JohnDF

All of you are bringing your A-game this Friday!!!!!

Dual cap lifters to start the weekend for me. The Camillus scout, of course, backed up by my Case beer t(r)apper in yellow Delrin.

qZCL6msh.jpg

gKZnvTjh.jpg

I agree with you, Buzz, the posts are exceptional, and I'd add TheChunk91 TheChunk91 and @SteveC to that list, as well as your fine and functional pairing. Plus, I have really been enjoying your recent reviews and discussions of knives, their care, and utility. Thank you.

After I saw the posts by @Fodderwing , dc50 dc50 , cigarrodog cigarrodog , and Half/Stop Half/Stop , I went downstairs, collected all of my knives and scolded them for being so scruffy and devoid of any ambition. Those were some stellar knives posted and I told my shameful lot to "shape up or ship out."

- Stuart

Last edited:
Gev, after seeing the handsome old fella that you posted, I decided to give one of my elders a chance to see the sun today and ride in my pocket. A QUEEN CITY sleeveboard in Rogers bone from 1922-1932. He's old enough to join me and my buddies for lies and libations this afternoon.

6Wyf3mZ.jpg

SWKRSlT.jpg

- Stuart
I'm honored and Wow...that is one of the finest Queens I've ever seen !!! That bone is spectacular. Tell some whoppers for me:)

Gev that’s such a stately old gentleman and a wonderful photo! :thumbsup::)

Pretty nice pair there, Nick.

Thanks, Dwight and, wow, what a winsome Winchester!!

My vote is YES, and Buck, Case, and Lion Steel, to name a few, make similar modern traditionals.

I'm with you, Jack. It's a dizzying pace. I'm glad to see Pearl dockside, taking in the river's breeze.

I agree with you, Buzz, the posts are exceptional, and I'd add TheChunk91 TheChunk91 and @SteveC to that list, as well as your fine and functional pairing. Plus, I have really been enjoying your recent reviews and discussions of knives, their care, and utility. Thank you.

After I saw the posts by @Fodderwing , dc50 dc50 , cigarrodog cigarrodog , and Half/Stop Half/Stop , I went downstairs, collected all of my knives and scolded them for being so scruffy and devoid of any ambition. Those were some stellar knives posted and I told my shameful lot to "shape up or ship out."

- Stuart
Stuart I’ve seen that scruffy lot of knives you have! :D This Queen City Pen knife is a prime example! Let me assure sir you have tons of Stellar with a capital “S”! :eek:

Gev, after seeing the handsome old fella that you posted, I decided to give one of my elders a chance to see the sun today and ride in my pocket. A QUEEN CITY sleeveboard in Rogers bone from 1922-1932. He's old enough to join me and my buddies for lies and libations this afternoon.

6Wyf3mZ.jpg

SWKRSlT.jpg

- Stuart
Beautiful old Pen knife Stuart! :thumbsup: :cool:

I've held out using this one which is silly because I will never part with it as it's a gift from a good friend. Why would I just let this one sit:confused: no reason to, so in my pocket where I can derive pleasure using such a great knife:thumbsup:
IXhTOc.jpg

Paul, I agree with your election to put that fine knife to use - an honor to a friend and an honor to the knife. Those knives catch my attention when they appear in posts here, and yours is a very nice example. They are interestingly similar to Primble English Jacks, as you can see below (except for the spear mains on mine). Your post has persuaded me to give a short reprieve to my recently chastised collection and take this one along with my Queen sleeveboard to my afternoon gathering with friends. Thanks for the nudge, pal.

mIyXd3c.jpg

m4YdrwA.jpg

tnWrBL1.jpg

- Stuart

Back