1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    A classy uptown Lambsfoot Ron. :thumbsup::cool:

2. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Nice one.

SteveC likes this.
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dave! :) It is definitely classy my friend! :D

dc50 likes this.
  4. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

5. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Pretty nice pair there, Nick.

Thanks, Dwight and, wow, what a winsome Winchester!!

My vote is YES, and Buck, Case, and Lion Steel, to name a few, make similar modern traditionals.

I'm with you, Jack. It's a dizzying pace. I'm glad to see Pearl dockside, taking in the river's breeze.

I agree with you, Buzz, the posts are exceptional, and I'd add @TheChunk91 and @SteveC to that list, as well as your fine and functional pairing. Plus, I have really been enjoying your recent reviews and discussions of knives, their care, and utility. Thank you.

After I saw the posts by @Fodderwing , @dc50 , @cigarrodog , and @Half/Stop , I went downstairs, collected all of my knives and scolded them for being so scruffy and devoid of any ambition. Those were some stellar knives posted and I told my shameful lot to "shape up or ship out."

- Stuart

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Gev, after seeing the handsome old fella that you posted, I decided to give one of my elders a chance to see the sun today and ride in my pocket. A QUEEN CITY sleeveboard in Rogers bone from 1922-1932. He's old enough to join me and my buddies for lies and libations this afternoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Jack Black likes this.
  8. Jathes

Jathes Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Rosewood lambsfoot today.
    [​IMG]

JJ Cahill, TFBraden, Llasi and 18 others like this.
  9. kai76

kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    @Duckdog Thanks Stuart! Exceptional Queen sleeveboard pen you have there!:thumbsup:

@Gevonovich I never get tired of seeing that old beauty!

10. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I'm honored and Wow...that is one of the finest Queens I've ever seen !!! That bone is spectacular. Tell some whoppers for me:)

Duckdog, Prester John and cigarrodog like this.
  11. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you my friend ! I am drawn to it like a moth to flame

kai76 and cigarrodog like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Gev that’s such a stately old gentleman and a wonderful photo! :thumbsup::)

Stuart I’ve seen that scruffy lot of knives you have! :D This Queen City Pen knife is a prime example! Let me assure sir you have tons of Stellar with a capital “S”! :eek:

Beautiful old Pen knife Stuart! :thumbsup: :cool:

Duckdog likes this.
  13. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thanks for the smile, my friend ! You have a wonderful weekend fine Sir :)

Half/Stop likes this.
  14. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    IMG_5890.JPG

15. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I've held out using this one which is silly because I will never part with it as it's a gift from a good friend. Why would I just let this one sit:confused: no reason to, so in my pocket where I can derive pleasure using such a great knife:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

16. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Have a couple of Cases before Congress today.

17. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

Fayette once again today. This is a special little knife. It’s one of the few that I wouldn’t mind owning an extra two or three, haha.

18. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I don't blame you, its a great little carry. :thumbsup::D

McFeeli likes this.
  19. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    A Cherry indeed that you deserve to carry !! What a Gem...wow

paulhilborn and dc50 like this.
  20. Duckdog

Jul 26, 2012
    Paul, I agree with your election to put that fine knife to use - an honor to a friend and an honor to the knife. Those knives catch my attention when they appear in posts here, and yours is a very nice example. They are interestingly similar to Primble English Jacks, as you can see below (except for the spear mains on mine). Your post has persuaded me to give a short reprieve to my recently chastised collection and take this one along with my Queen sleeveboard to my afternoon gathering with friends. Thanks for the nudge, pal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart