What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Pal muskrat goodness

46799050824_20ebb843a9_b.jpg

Love this photo !!
Cheers! Took it while on a day trip to Tenby (Wales, UK) this afternoon

Yes, agreed.
All the light you need for most occasions. And a single AAA battery :thumbsup:
The family knows I always have two things... a knife and flashlight. And they think I'm a little odd because of it, lol!

I’m the same way, guaranteed that at all times I have a knife and a light.

Funny how people think you’re a odd for carryin’ a flashlight with you till the lights go out or they need one to find something under the car seat.

Then they’re like, “... Ted? Can I borrow that handy little flash light you always have in your pocket?”

I led a group of 7 people out of a windowless warehouse when the power went out and the batteries on the emergency lighting lasted long enough to see them wink out from dead batteries that shoulda been replaced 10 years ago.

No one laughed at my little Peter Gransee arc AAA LED light that day, I can assure you that. :)

That happened back in the 90s and the knife in my pocket back then was Schrade Old Timer 51OT similar to this old US made one. It was Schrade’s version of a Lockback Sunfish.

1516478415_51_8.jpg

Thanks r8shell! :) Your wee Sambar Lambsfoot is looking great. :thumbsup: Like warm caramel! :D
Thank you, it is mellowing nicely. :)

Is that the same knife you showed in the old knives thread that you were re-handling? Looking good!
Yes it is, thank you. I'll post a few more pictures in that thread.

I’m the same way, guaranteed that at all times I have a knife and a light.

Funny how people think you’re a odd for carryin’ a flashlight with you till the lights go out or they need one to find something under the car seat.

Then they’re like, “... Ted? Can I borrow that handy little flash light you always have in your pocket?”

I led a group of 7 people out of a windowless warehouse when the power went out and the batteries on the emergency lighting lasted long enough to see them wink out from dead batteries that shoulda been replaced 10 years ago.

No one laughed at my little Peter Gransee arc AAA LED light that day, I can assure you that. :)

That happened back in the 90s and the knife in my pocket back then was Schrade Old Timer 51OT similar to this old US made one. It was Schrade’s version of a Lockback Sunfish.

1516478415_51_8.jpg
I like your account of leading folks out of the warehouse.
With cellphones today, most have a light, but I still like the flashlight. Can put in your teeth and be hands free to work on something.
I work in a hospital and use the elevator a lot. And second shift, at night. Ain't gonna find me helplessly blind in the elevator during a blackout.

Ditto.
I never cease to be amazed when people ask “Why do you carry a flashlight?”...while using my flashlight.

View attachment 1109792

Yeah... Handy little item. You're looks like you've had it a while.

The oddness from the family stems not so much that I have a knife and light, but that I always have a knife and light, lol!

That's normal, right?

Thanks, Jack.

Thanks, r8shell.

Those are very cool. Happy weekend to you, too.

Travel safely, Jake. May your travels be smooth.

Those are very cool!

- Stuart

Thanks Stuart, had a good hike :) :thumbsup:

Toting my Sambar stag lambsfoot to the Shiner Brewery tomorrow:
8ViI3Vr.jpg

Will take pics, of course.

Hope you have a great visit Vince :thumbsup:

Since it’s Saturday I thought I’d give the wood a day off! ;) Y’all have a great day! :D

43996529744_046513809d_b_d.jpg

Nice pair of staggies Ron :thumbsup:

That's some very nice Saturday stag.

001lQXC.jpg

Looking good Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Dwight :thumbsup:

Today with these two!;):thumbsup:

wce3vn.jpg
k159vo.jpg

Nice Saturday stag Jose :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday. :)

;) :thumbsup:

A. Wright Lambfoot again. A great weekend to all!
coatEMV.jpg

Hope you're having a good one Mark, that's a great pic :) :thumbsup:

What a great knife and a great idea for the other front pocket.

XgVtcjdh.jpg

Here’s my contribution for stag Saturday, this sucker’s almost 5 foot tall.

lma9afEh.jpg

and as thick as my wrist before the crown.

Yw7CvI0h.jpg

Nice choice Ted :) :thumbsup:

Such a beautiful knife :) :thumbsup:

Back