What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

hA2hlzg.jpg

That is the 97 Allegheny pattern .

Harry
Hey- that’s what I meant. One of those eastern mountain ranges that start with A. New York is close to Pennsylvania, right?:cool:

Sorry to hear about your son. I know about that.
That’s a pretty cool Squire. Those things are true workhorses. My old black and white served time as a house guitar at a couple of venues before they closed and I reclaimed it. It’s been battered bruised and abused and still works just fine. Squires are really underrated. I wonder how many rock stars got their start on a Squire and a ten watt amp. Good for you, giving this one the time and attention it deserves!
Thanks, zoogirl. Inescapable part of life, but Easter Sunday gives me a peaceful way of looking at it.:)
Nice to find out about another guitar player here on the porch! And yes, it’s sad and funny how we can be so brand/image conscious that we look down on humble, but very functional instruments.
I have these scratch-builds in progress,View attachment 1115014but it was so much fun (and a lot easier!) modding the Squier, that it could become a habit.
BTW- that Squier came from a Ft Myers Fla pawnshop when after flying down there, I didn’t want to spend a week with nothing to play. Later, it got shipped over to Edinburgh Scotland by plane so my son would have something to play.

Was a fine day in the garden yesterday, today not quite so good but I will be out with secateurs to trim some fruit trees. The Hares have chewed up one tree but it will survive.

This will be coming along too, even the 'Special Ones' have to work ;)

h05yebM.jpg

Got this as back-up too..

MLzqQbl.jpg
Nice pruners, Will!
A mighty nut with lovely scales!
Classic spear point!

Prettier than colored eggs!

Happy Easter everyone...View attachment 1115028View attachment 1115029

Since it arrived in the mail today and in my pocket while staining the rear deck:thumbsup:
omhYAf.jpg

lNpHsw.jpg

EHxCUo.jpg

U2XT5O.jpg

Nice knife and great job on the deck ! What brand of stain did you use ? I've used Wolmans F&P for years but always looking for something that will hold up better here in Minnesota.

Cleaned the deck yesterday, dried in the days sun and warm temps so I tested with the moisture meter and all was good. In all her glory after some great commercial stain that I've used for 18 years:thumbsup:
vyKqI3.jpg

Carried an ebony 83 that I bought from John (thanks buddy):thumbsup:
dPFX8e.jpg

Then this Case amber bone Traplifter arrived in the mailbox, I'll christen it tonight:)
0l3zfS.jpg
Paul how'd you like that beertrap?

Back